Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone ever ordered from ultraline hobbies?
I placed and order with them last friday and got confirmation of the order but no tracking info. no response to my emails and noone answers the phone?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default what's to be expected?

hi...just wondering;

i've been using the G4+ frt speed shot alumn top bracket and rear alumn top bracket on my RS.

but now, i've replaced with the original RS nylon frt top bracket and rear top bracket...

so...what's to be expected to my car's handling now?

will be trying it out this coming weekend!
will it be a correct decision for the replacement?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Hi all:

Just wondering if anyone has driven the G4JS and can compare it to the RS. We race on low to medium traction parking lot tracks, usually on the smallish side with limited high speed corners. Currently drive a V1RRR-WC (not evo) and just looking for something different that's a little easier to wrench on .

So, is the JS with a few added parts (like sway bars and maybe CF shock towers) going to be on the same level as the V1? Or, is the RS the way to go? Thanks for any opinions.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WatchOut
Hi all:

Just wondering if anyone has driven the G4JS and can compare it to the RS. We race on low to medium traction parking lot tracks, usually on the smallish side with limited high speed corners. Currently drive a V1RRR-WC (not evo) and just looking for something different that's a little easier to wrench on .

So, is the JS with a few added parts (like sway bars and maybe CF shock towers) going to be on the same level as the V1? Or, is the RS the way to go? Thanks for any opinions.
Oh no...if you were wheeling the V1RRR WC prior...you need the G4RS, not the G4JS....JS is the entry level and you need to put 2X the $$$ to get to the G4RS spec (alot more then you just mentioned..)

G4RS is the same level as the RRR WC spec....
Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Straight from Red RC..

Marc Rheinard continues to endure a difficult nitro touring car debut managing only 6 laps in his first run today and 4 in the second after suffering a radio glitch.
It seems a lot of us are not alone
Old 08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I would say your best chance is to get a set off someone off here.......... I would get some to you but I'm on my last set and waiting for a batch to come through too.

Your only other way I would consider is through RCshopping.com they are usually prity consistant at taking 4 days to get the stuff to you.

Regards,
British Menace
I called wolfhobbies yesterday, and they said that they actually do have the rear arms in stock. Apparently they were redoing the inventory and there was an error regarding this particular part.

My arm should be here tomorrow try giving them a call if you haven't done so yet.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys .... I placed an order with RC-Shopping for the WC G4 upgrade kit (K14145) and paid with Paypal .... I just got an email where they are refunding me the money and asking me to order from local distributor in AU. WTF ???

Are there any other online shops that stock this ? (I checked RC-Mushroom, Amain, RCmart ... they don't ... )

cheers
Old 08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Omarko
hey guys .... I placed an order with RC-Shopping for the WC G4 upgrade kit (K14145) and paid with Paypal .... I just got an email where they are refunding me the money and asking me to order from local distributor in AU. WTF ???

Are there any other online shops that stock this ? (I checked RC-Mushroom, Amain, RCmart ... they don't ... )

cheers

Have you tried the AU distributor??
Old 08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I was wondering how to stop my car from spinning out exiting corners. I have tried changing the front roll center for less grip, softer damping in the rear, lay down the rear shocks, softer tires in the rear and nothing seems to totally cure the problem. The set up I am using right know is the best one so far but I still get the spinning problem:

Front:
Camber: -2
Toe: out 1
Diff: 50,000
Droop: 2
Caster: Stock
width: 199mm
Spring: Orange
Oil: 60wt
Roll Center: less grip (b setting)
Tire: 45 shore
Rear:

Camber -4
Toe: in 2.5
Diff: 20,000
Droop: 4
Shims: 1
wheelbase: long
width: 200mm
Springs: Purple
Oil: 50wt.
tire: 42 shore

The car seems to have enough grip but once I try to get ouf of the corner with more speed it just spins out. I have to drive the car like it's going to loose traction anytime which greatly hurts my lap times.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

I would try going to -3 degrees on your rear toe for a start, maybe even -3.5 degrees!

I would also try going to 10,000 0r even less WT in your rear diff'.

See if that helps.

Make sure your keeping your front to rear tire split. Also, you may want to try going to 100,000WT in your front diff' or even try the spool to help pull you around the corner.

Regards,
British Menace
Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had a very similar problem and everything i done set-up wise didn't fix it, I was stumped. Untill i realised i rode the throttle like an on/off switch. Since i started driving differently i found this was my problem. I'm not saying this is what your doing but it is something to look at, maybe?

Also what's your traction level like where your driving? Because 42shore rear tyres would maybe be a little to hard at my local track especially at the start of the day/night.

Good luck, Brad
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Have you tried the AU distributor??
i did .. he told me to ask my local hobby shop to contact him for stock and pricing ....
Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

rcmush will have it this week if no early next! use the old jedi mind trick and be patient!
Originally Posted by Omarko
i did .. he told me to ask my local hobby shop to contact him for stock and pricing ....
Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madness
I was wondering how to stop my car from spinning out exiting corners. I have tried changing the front roll center for less grip, softer damping in the rear, lay down the rear shocks, softer tires in the rear and nothing seems to totally cure the problem. The set up I am using right know is the best one so far but I still get the spinning problem:

Front:
Camber: -2
Toe: out 1
Diff: 50,000
Droop: 2
Caster: Stock
width: 199mm
Spring: Orange
Oil: 60wt
Roll Center: less grip (b setting)
Tire: 45 shore
Rear:

Camber -4
Toe: in 2.5
Diff: 20,000
Droop: 4
Shims: 1
wheelbase: long
width: 200mm
Springs: Purple
Oil: 50wt.
tire: 42 shore

The car seems to have enough grip but once I try to get ouf of the corner with more speed it just spins out. I have to drive the car like it's going to loose traction anytime which greatly hurts my lap times.

Any help will be appreciated.
what i think is happening here is your roll centers are upsetting the car along with your springs. you are using a quite hard front spring and a soft rear spring. your rear roll center is quite low wiht one shim, but where is your arm on the inner side ? your front roll center, while its saying less grip, this means you have a high front roll center. it will decrease grip, but it will also allow less roll, and quick directional changes. i rekon you rear end is set too soft compared to the front and the back is collapsing on itself. try the 10K rear diff oil. but try to use the inner middle setting ont he front roll center, and raise the rear roll center. so maybe try middle inner on the rear top arm, and use 4mm shims on the hub. then try the rear swaybar hard and see how it feels. maybe also use Aqua front spring and pink rear spring. this will be a better balance for the car.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I bought some fly weights off this forum and on the header card on the packet it says "UFO clutch centrifugal shoe (red, harder)". What are they referring to when they say harder?? is it the material or do they help with a harder clutch engagement??? The weights are made by K-factory and the part number is K1497-11. Does anyone know???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.