Team Magic G4

Old 05-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Which lipo pack drops right into the g4s without modding?
Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlesd
Which lipo pack drops right into the g4s without modding?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...189559&page=17

Old 05-30-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Did anyone try to upgrade to 220mm class yet? I know there is a front body mount that fits the lola style bodies for the G4. I guess it would take the front mounts, a 220 body, and kawahara tires to get the G4s converted.

I've seen 220mm upgrades for RRR and 720 and saw them on the track. These things fly. The upgrades come with a front and rear (floating) body mount, GTP style bodies, and set of foam tires. The floating rear mounts are connected directly to the rear hubs instead of the shock towers. In this way, the downforce is directed straight to the tires, instead of going through suspension. They can almost keep up with 1/8 scales and the drivers say the cars drive like 1/8 scales too. Considerably faster than 1/10 nitro sedan setup. The tires come 66mm rear (diameter) and 64 mm front. The 2mm split is built in but I guess you would still have to true them down a few mm.

Does anyone know the part # for the lola (le mans) style front body mount?

Thanks
D
Old 06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

guys

I need help. Desperately ... I am getting more and more frustrated and there is nobody to help me. Nobody at our track is running a G4 anymore, everyone has the NT1 or RRR ... so I cant copy setup of somebody else.

The car handles terribly ... it slides ans is twitchy ... I struggle driving it and I feel like I am all over the place when Im controlling it. On the straight, every single car overetakes me ...

I dont know where to start so please feel free to ask any questions that I can try and answer that will hopefully help you get a picture of what stage the car is in and recommended changes.

cheers
Old 06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default WA state titles

Hi guys, just got back from Bunbury. saturday we had rain, we didnt get a round finished on that day. so it all happened on one day. very frantic. i was running 1/8th also. i managed a fairly quick time, but it had a few incidents in that qualifier. so i ended up 3rd after qualifying. the A Final was a bit of a mess to start with. i got hammered in the first corner, and i think ended up just about last. already nearly a lap down to start with was a bit of a mess. then with no one around me, my car just flipped down the back straight. i ended up 2 laps down in the end , but still managed 2nd due to 2nd at the time running out of tyres. with out the incidents it could have been a good race. if i remember 2nd to 4th in qualifying was seperated by under 1 second. walked home with a 2nd place in tourer and ended up 3rd in 1/8th , for my first drive. be looking at a TM 1/8th when they come out
Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Omarko
guys

I need help. Desperately ... I am getting more and more frustrated and there is nobody to help me. Nobody at our track is running a G4 anymore, everyone has the NT1 or RRR ... so I cant copy setup of somebody else.

The car handles terribly ... it slides ans is twitchy ... I struggle driving it and I feel like I am all over the place when Im controlling it. On the straight, every single car overetakes me ...

I dont know where to start so please feel free to ask any questions that I can try and answer that will hopefully help you get a picture of what stage the car is in and recommended changes.

cheers

Give us some ideas re. your setup etc and we'll see If we can't help!

Where do you race?....what's the track like?......what tyres are you using?...
Old 06-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Hi guys, just got back from Bunbury. saturday we had rain, we didnt get a round finished on that day. so it all happened on one day. very frantic. i was running 1/8th also. i managed a fairly quick time, but it had a few incidents in that qualifier. so i ended up 3rd after qualifying. the A Final was a bit of a mess to start with. i got hammered in the first corner, and i think ended up just about last. already nearly a lap down to start with was a bit of a mess. then with no one around me, my car just flipped down the back straight. i ended up 2 laps down in the end , but still managed 2nd due to 2nd at the time running out of tyres. with out the incidents it could have been a good race. if i remember 2nd to 4th in qualifying was seperated by under 1 second. walked home with a 2nd place in tourer and ended up 3rd in 1/8th , for my first drive. be looking at a TM 1/8th when they come out

I had never seen such perfect tire wear at the Bunbury track like yours Patto. It is renowned for excessive tire wear. Shit you were on fire mate.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by advfuel
I had never seen such perfect tire wear at the Bunbury track like yours Patto. It is renowned for excessive tire wear. Shit you were on fire mate.
It's the setup
Old 06-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
It's the setup
I reckon its the guy filling the tank
Old 06-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

I reckon its the guy filling the tank
yep , its all in the tank, well we both showed alot of guts over the weekend
Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

yep , its all in the tank, well we both showed alot of guts over the weekend
Its just your guts is twice as big as mine.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Its just your guts is twice as big as mine.
not my guts man, maybe the tea bags though
Old 06-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

not my guts man, maybe the tea bags though
Thats a personal joke Patto.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Thats a personal joke Patto.
yes it is isnt it heres another then, we both take Grubs advise, loose 15kgs and watch the spout grow
Old 06-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

I'm back really looking forward to running the new G4 first race might be the byrons should have the car this week an i will build and run it i hope by the weekend

menace pm me we havent spoke in awhile since the TMA Bs lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.