Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
dependant on how much paint is on the body, how many stickers and holes cut out, expect around 100g approx for a body. so you shold be closer to the 1750g weight, but do keep an old set of tires, then true them down to minimum size, and keep them for weighing the car.
when getting the car down in weight, it allows us to add it. now a tweak station, or the hudy setup woth scales is a good tool to be using to work out where to add the weight. if the car is left heavy, then add to the right of the chassis. simple alloy stick on weights are good for this. just make sure the surface is clean , then stick them on. the trick is to get a good balanced car, left to right, then if you need more weight added, you can stick it up front for a little more steering.. etc...
thanks for the tips...
i happen to have a tweak station which i didn't use at all!

btw, is there any rules about using unpainted body?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
thanks for the tips...
i happen to have a tweak station which i didn't use at all!

btw, is there any rules about using unpainted body?
Technically. The body has to be painted and all windows have to remain transparent. There are also some rules around having to have certain decals on the car too. Headlights, rear (tail) lights and grills. But unless your in a big comp' I doubt many will make you answer to these rules too much.

Regards,

British Menace
Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Question on the brakes for you guys:

I just installed the k-factory brake pads with the k-factory brake disk. The separation is wide enough (done by the springs) but the disk still catches on the edge of the pads. I roll the car and you can feel it and hear it catching (tack, tack, tack). My question is, does this go away after a few runs?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlesd
Question on the brakes for you guys:

I just installed the k-factory brake pads with the k-factory brake disk. The separation is wide enough (done by the springs) but the disk still catches on the edge of the pads. I roll the car and you can feel it and hear it catching (tack, tack, tack). My question is, does this go away after a few runs?
are you using the ED trans Charles ?
the ED (alloy) trans you have to watch the disc cutting into the brake pulley.
once this happens then you get the disc chattering. but if your using the std trans, be sure to check the pins havent come out of the gear and catching on the bulkhead. if its all ok, then just run the car and check it out after a run , see if they bed in .
Old 04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Standard transmission and the pins are ok. It's the actual fins on the disk catching the pads. I'm hoping it will wear in.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

the ED (alloy) trans you have to watch the disc cutting into the brake pulley.
once this happens then you get the disc chattering.
any ways to prevent the disc cutting into the brake pulley?
else we gotta replace the brake pulley?
Old 04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Anyone lookin for a sweet g4s pm me or check out the for sale forum
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys hows it going!

I see the 2008 season is off to a good start, I am trying to get rid of the g4s and get my g4rs running.

what happened to the g4rs? it seems to be dead on the forums..
Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
hey guys hows it going!

I see the 2008 season is off to a good start, I am trying to get rid of the g4s and get my g4rs running.

what happened to the g4rs? it seems to be dead on the forums..
maybe it's due to not many running the RS yet?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

hi all lipo rx users,
will using a 900mah lipo be better than using a 1100mah nimh?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

This weekend was the 2nd round of the national series.
Pleased to hear that a fellow G4S racer, the lone TM car in teh event, managed to take 4th overall in the A-mains and that with him competing against S720's and MTX4R's.
Dont necessarily think going to a new car is better.
He runs a stock G4S with ED tranny and a front diff. Everything else is box stock.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by keavze
any ways to prevent the disc cutting into the brake pulley?
else we gotta replace the brake pulley?
no there isnt. or not that im aware. it is maintanence or wear and tear item.
it has taken quite a few races for mine to start to wear the pulley, but thats about 6 months of racing. if you were running plastic pullies, they would have been replaced a few times already, so 6 months and replace a brake pulley seems ok for me,
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hi all lipo rx users,
will using a 900mah lipo be better than using a 1100mah nimh?
all depends on the regulator you are going to use. some have a cutt off at 6.7 volts, and some are around 6.2 or even 6 volts. so the cutt of voltage is better closer to the 6 volts. but a higher capacity lipo could see you run a higher cutt off votlage. this cut of voltage, is where the reg supplies a 6.7v till the battery cant deliver it, then it cuts out. so a higher voltage will see faster servo performance but its negligable to see the difference between 6.7 and a 6v supply.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
This weekend was the 2nd round of the national series.
Pleased to hear that a fellow G4S racer, the lone TM car in teh event, managed to take 4th overall in the A-mains and that with him competing against S720's and MTX4R's.
Dont necessarily think going to a new car is better.
He runs a stock G4S with ED tranny and a front diff. Everything else is box stock.
this weekend will see the South Australian state titles, i knwo about 3 G4RS cars attending, some of the names there will be Steven and Peter Jovanovic and Jessie Davis. so it will be a struggle, but thats why im going
Razzor, i totally agree. there is nothing wrong with the G4S, with the Ed trans. i would add the new RS top bracket and rear top arm. more rear roll center adjustments . speed shot also helps. but the G4S is still a great car.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

all depends on the regulator you are going to use. some have a cutt off at 6.7 volts, and some are around 6.2 or even 6 volts. so the cutt of voltage is better closer to the 6 volts. but a higher capacity lipo could see you run a higher cutt off votlage. this cut of voltage, is where the reg supplies a 6.7v till the battery cant deliver it, then it cuts out. so a higher voltage will see faster servo performance but its negligable to see the difference between 6.7 and a 6v supply.
Pattojnr,
what Lipo are you using on the RS? I need to get a pack, but one that fits
Thanks for your help.
Have fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.