Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hello Paul,

Good to hear from you.
Thanks for the info' about the RS pulleys, that's helpful info' to have.

I didn't read back that thoroughly on previous post's and hence, missed your post. Sorry.

If you were to add weight to the G4 Paul, where and how would you put it on the car? I want to carry on with making the car very light and having "fixable weights" that I can use to bring the weight of the car up to speck. Different weights could then be used to alter weight biase front to rear as a tuning option or whatever.

What do you think?

British Menace
Old 01-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks paul/tony so now if i get the ED trans is there anything else that i need ? i mean is it a direct fit also what about the clutch i read i need to upgrade it ? once again thanks guys
Old 01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DUGIWE
ok thanks paul/tony so now if i get the ED trans is there anything else that i need ? i mean is it a direct fit also what about the clutch i read i need to upgrade it ? once again thanks guys
Hey!sounds like you have the rtr buddy?if so I have been down this road before with upgrading my g4s rtr and at the end of the day its cost me more than the purchase price of the car to upgrade all the bits to make it a + model I am glad I didnt do that to my second car as it had most of the upgrades already, but at the end of the day you will definately know your car!!!some upgrades to consider are the ed trans, ufo clutch,universals front and rear, duro gear housing,belts to kfactory allround,one piece engine mount, you can upgrade to CF on radio plate and front and rear shock towers,speed shot front bulkhead system,new rear sway setup and it would be a good idea to upgrade all your bearings and dont forget a good strong engine to replace the SH this car then will win consistantly with the correct setup and experienced skill!
have fun!
cheers
Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default G4S

Hey Tony!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to you, Courtney & all the little menaces in your house!

My G4S is on the blocks for sale. Rolling chassis, tons of spare parts.
Car has several upgrades that will be included. Car took 3rd in Heart Of America Series this past year (07). PM me if interested.

Thanks and Happy New Year & have a great racing year!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hey!sounds like you have the rtr buddy?if so I have been down this road before with upgrading my g4s rtr and at the end of the day its cost me more than the purchase price of the car to upgrade all the bits to make it a + model I am glad I didnt do that to my second car as it had most of the upgrades already, but at the end of the day you will definately know your car!!!some upgrades to consider are the ed trans, ufo clutch,universals front and rear, duro gear housing,belts to kfactory allround,one piece engine mount, you can upgrade to CF on radio plate and front and rear shock towers,speed shot front bulkhead system,new rear sway setup and it would be a good idea to upgrade all your bearings and dont forget a good strong engine to replace the SH this car then will win consistantly with the correct setup and experienced skill!
have fun!
cheers

THANKS but its not the RTR as it came with all the bits that you mensioned its just that i seen that you get two different
types of ufo clutches UFO and UFO 2 . dont know mutch about the TM cars this is why all the Q's
Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

If I were you I would stay with the UFO 1 clutch. The only real difference between the two is that the '2' has a thicker (to last longer) clutch plate. But this also makes the clutch slightly heavier. Still not alot though so no worries if you have decided to go with the '2' ......

The UFO clutch is still the best and lightest on the market. Set correctly, it will give you a distinct advantage.

British Menace
Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DUGIWE
THANKS but its not the RTR as it came with all the bits that you mensioned its just that i seen that you get two different
types of ufo clutches UFO and UFO 2 . dont know mutch about the TM cars this is why all the Q's
you have to be happy with you car not being an rtr as it gets $$$ to upgrade!
cheers
Old 01-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
The only real difference between the two is that the '2' has a thicker (to last longer) clutch plate.
British Menace
hi BM,
ufo2 got thicker clutch plate? the metal piece supporting the clutch shoe?
will that ever wornout?

if i got ufo2, can i replace the clutch plate with ufo1 plate? or vise versa?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hi BM,
ufo2 got thicker clutch plate? the metal piece supporting the clutch shoe?
will that ever wornout?

if i got ufo2, can i replace the clutch plate with ufo1 plate? or vise versa?
correct me if i am wrong but I dont think the shoes are interchangable with the ufo1 and ufo 2 as I accidently bought a thinner shoe ufo1 and the clutch does not go together the same with my ufo2? I am sure you can buy the upgrade to the ufo2 thou??BM might have more of an idea.
cheers
Old 01-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by watwasdat
Hey Tony!

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to you, Courtney & all the little menaces in your house!

My G4S is on the blocks for sale. Rolling chassis, tons of spare parts.
Car has several upgrades that will be included. Car took 3rd in Heart Of America Series this past year (07). PM me if interested.

Thanks and Happy New Year & have a great racing year!
smart idea putting your position lat/long in watwasdat!or maybe its somewhere else?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

UFO2 difference is mainly the clutch shoe and the shoe base plate.

Yo Dugiwe love the nick locally it means drunk, pissed, inebriated

If you have the G4S the ED is definately a worth while upgrade but as Patto mentioned listen and see what the car is doing down the back straight.Also a must have is the 1.8mm TM clutch spring or Mugen/JP super hard clutch spring.
18/52 1st and 24/46 on 62mm/Front and 64mm/rear tyres always runs well on my std G4S but i found with the mega motor the car ran much better when i changed to a 19T brake pulley which changed the internal gear ratio.
Some motors seem to like longer gearing than others.
Your clutch setup and 2 speed clutch would also contribute to how well everything works.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
UFO2 difference is mainly the clutch shoe and the shoe base plate.

18/52 1st and 24/46 on 62mm/Front and 64mm/rear tyres always runs well on my std G4S but i found with the mega motor the car ran much better when i changed to a 19T brake pulley which changed the internal gear ratio.
so... can ufo2 clutch shoe and shoe plate be fitted in a ufo1 and vise versa?

btw, isn't the std g4s already running with 19T brake pulley?

pardon me if u find my qns stupid...
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default DNA Body

My DNA Brothers!!! G4RS, E4 !!

Happy New Year G4(R)Ser!!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, 4 pages of post, and I'm just now finding out about the G4RS. I guess I need to visit the nitro forum more often.

The car looks good. My G4S is seriously worn out after years of racing (it started life as a Mongoose), and I was considering making the switch to the Mugen for next summer, but this has given me reason for pause. Couple questions...

-How much is it going for?
-Where can I get one?

So far, the only thing I don't like is the switch to a front gear diff. Short track or long, high grip or not, my G4S always worked well with the front one-way. So I don't see why the switch was made to a front diff.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey guys

Nice to see lots of new faces and some of the old. As you all know getting parts in the US is gonna be hard. Does anyone have a good source for online buying that will ship into the US?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.