Team Magic G4

Old 08-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
roll centers change the way the car reacts to directional changes. there are inserts for the top hinge pins on the speedshot front end. there are 3 settings to choose from. one gives a bit more mid corner on power steering, and one gives a faster steering response. the other is stock setting for the G4S. as far as wheelbase changes, this shortens the distance from the front and rear wheels. therefore changes the way the car is balanced over the front or rear wheels. this also gives you more tuning ability to get more front or rear end grip. the new style rear hubs are also good for easy rear roll center adjustments. so many choices i know, but all add up to a better setup car in the end. one thing id do is run down your spares you have now, and start replacing them with the new parts available, so it wont really cost anymore, just means your slowly updating your car when you feel comfortable doing so.
okok, only now i realise that there is performance gain for the speed shot front. will try to get a set.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default HAHAHAHAHAHAH

HA HA HA HA GO THE KYOSHO
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

currently using Sanwa analogue high speed servo ERG-RZ with 3pk spektrum, now thinking of upgrading to 3pks with futaba 2.4G, may i know which series of Digital servos should i get coz i have no knowledge about digital servos. thanks.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shano
HA HA HA HA GO THE KYOSHO
!!! ????
Old 08-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by razzor
!!! ????
i also race g4s tooo but just bought kyosho.Wanted to be diffrent from everyone else in adelaide Australia
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shano
i also race g4s tooo but just bought kyosho.Wanted to be diffrent from everyone else in adelaide Australia
- yup your differant
Old 08-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
- yup your differant
aint that true
Old 08-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HAPPI BIRZDAI - PATTOJNR thought id let it slip on here but have a few bevvies on here from G4S thread!!!

Enjoy Ya Old farti Darti
Old 08-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
HAPPI BIRZDAI - PATTOJNR thought id let it slip on here but have a few bevvies on here from G4S thread!!!

Enjoy Ya Old farti Darti
yeah OLD Fart ! ill take it. thanks Frankie, ill have a few bonded beams with you in Melbourne man, im sure we will all have a few bevvies then, lets make sure we are in the same motel.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

there are 3 TM America drivers there, one being Mike. Menace i think is running around the 25th ? and Ben was 14th last i heard.

the rain stayed away today, and i got to run the G4+ today. i started basically kit setup, and worked on it from there. i played with springs and shock positions today. the rear end was taily early ended with the 1.2 spring on the rear and 1.7 on the front. i managed my fastest times today, both 5 in heat and fastest lap i have done. unfortunately, my Li-Po didnt with stand the heat today, the reg cut out 4 laps into the final where i had a very good chance for a win. will work on maintaining this battery setup a bit better in the future. ended 10th overall . but very pleased with the G4+ so far.
Sorry to hear about your battery dumping on you. Hope the fail safe kicked in. Which lipo are you using? I'm still on 1100 mah TM pack. How does your lipo compare to the regular pack as far as run times, frequency of charge, and weight?

Was the track a bit dusty or loose? I also have to go down to 1.2 springs in the rear for loose conditions. It would have been a great win for your first time out with the +
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dnitro
Sorry to hear about your battery dumping on you. Hope the fail safe kicked in. Which lipo are you using? I'm still on 1100 mah TM pack. How does your lipo compare to the regular pack as far as run times, frequency of charge, and weight?

Was the track a bit dusty or loose? I also have to go down to 1.2 springs in the rear for loose conditions. It would have been a great win for your first time out with the +
now its the day after, i have had a bit of time to look over the car. firstly the Li-Po is a LRP 1500mah, it lasted all day and some last time with the G4S no problems. i basically swapped the radio tray over into the G4+ so the same setup was used as far as servos and stuff.
so while i removed the radio tray today, i wanted to look over the car and check some things out. first thing i noticed, the carbon plate screw where the side belt tensioner is came loose, and the carbon plate was twisting, the belt tensioner was not square as a result. secondly i found out why the Li-Po drained so fast this time. while setting up the steering when building it, the steering was tight on the ball cups, but i didnt think it was that bad. i couldnt turn the steering with ease , and it was getting harder and harder when off center. so this loaded up the steering servo and therefore the current drain was obviously higher than it ever will be again. it was very hard to turn by hand. credit to the Sanwa servos to actually center correctly every time, with such load.
now to the rear of the car. the rear universals, when pushing down on the car at the rear, were pushing all the way then stopping fulley pressed in to the diff cups. one thing i noticed with the G4+ kit is the missing shim on the axle before the bearing. the pins didnt look good where they sat with the uni's in the short position, looked like it would put too much load on the diff cup so close to the outer end of the cup. so i made them longer by pin position and i think the diff moved on an impact slightly one way. so when i pushed down on the suspension at the rear, the front left wheel came off the ground by a lot. also the suspension got really stiff at this point, and it wouldnt bottom out on the table. so with all these faults (my own ) i still managed to better my own 5 min qualifying time by 3 seconds + and a PB fastest lap of 16.670. so im hoping the car wil be better again next time out.
and i will check to see if the Li-Po run time gets back to normal now. i can only imagine the force and power needed for the steering servo to work with the forces of racing, not only how hard it was to turn just by hand when the car was off the ground even.
WOW sorry for the long post guys
Old 08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default TM G4S Parts

I hate to post this again, but I would like to offer this to my friends here.

I'm selling all of my TEAM MAGIC G4S Supplise. I have a box full of parts, new in package, with a retail value of $2300.00 (used racedayhobies.com for this comparsion). I also have a radio, servos, rtr, etc etc etc.

Please go to the for sale thread and do a search for "team magic" and my name "Krafcik" and take a peak at what i have to offer.

I will make someone a great deal if they want to buy a lot of my stuff.

Thanks everyone,
Chris
Old 08-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

yeah OLD Fart ! ill take it. thanks Frankie, ill have a few bonded beams with you in Melbourne man, im sure we will all have a few bevvies then, lets make sure we are in the same motel.
Happy Birthday for the other day Patto, Kept that one pretty dark didn't you? Did you spend some birthday cash with Sam?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hey patto happy belated
Old 08-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Hey patto happy belated
thanks guys for the well wishes. and Mark, doesnt matter if its birthday money or not , i always spend my cash with Sam

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.