Team Magic G4

Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

I know a few US guys changed brands after the issue with Dennis loosing the TM distribution but it would be cool to get them back if that was possible.Especially Brian Berry and Bobby Flack.
Big plus would be that they are fairly familiar with the G4S and got very good results too.
In fact the ED was a result of Dennis and there hard work.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gotta take a break from this site, seeing that pic really makes me want to get a G4+, but I don't want to spend the money on it since I just bought a
G4S.,

but DAMN that car looks hot, and by the looks of it, its not gonna be worth upgrading my g4s to a g4+.

Hopefully a $500+ price tag will take my mind off the car
Old 06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

With the picture of the sword being forged (at least that's what it looks like ) maybe "Excalibur" would have been more appropriate...

Thanks for the photos razzor. Very nice text from Andrew Webber. Looks like he has been picking up some tips from Mr. Hudy.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Imgonna go to my local hobby town usa and ask them to start carrying TM stuff since it seems TM is finally gonna be big in the States.

BTW any pics or a link to the 1/8th by TM?
Old 06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

I am not sure the intentions .. But i believe we will be getting some more drivers soon.. First we must walk before we RUN!!! But i hope we are running soon... :-)

Mike
Old 06-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Hi guys... I am very excited about the venture this time the right way with team magic... The last time was a waste but we will not go talk about that other company here.... We have GREAT and Exciting times ahead... I have signed a two year contract. And will help in all possible ways to get the team magic nitro program going strong.

I am looking forward to talking and helping anyway that i can.. I should be getting some new stuff here in the next week or so then i will be testing like crazy ..I will be posting here and some other places often to help with Questions and setup tips etc.. Be patient if i do not answer you right away but i will try my best....

the first race i plan on attending will be the Great lakes challenge in Toledo ohio.. I know we are committed to making this one of the premier cars of the industry and with some good hard work and a great leader like we have. I am 100% sure this will be happening... .

Thanks for the support guys ...

Mike Blackstock
Hi Mike
If you get your stuff in time please consider comming to The Canadian Nationals June 29- July 1 in Hamilton Ontario. We would love to have you attend.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well with all the talk i have seen from you recently, i honestly thaught you had been racing the car, or at least owned one.
Really? I thought everyone knew that I didn't own one.

i think the best way to base an informed opinion of the car is to actually own one, and try the things that have been suggested on this forum, after running the car stock.
True - but that cost money. Kit + spares at a minimum. A lot of people just starting out can't afford to spend that kind of money trying to find a car that will best suite them. That's why so many of them come to the forum and ask "What car should I get?" Unfortunately, we all have our favorites and we are all guilty of promoting the positive and downplaying or not mentioning the negative (or what could be interpreted as negative).

i think most issues have come from the owners of the cars (me included) through either lack of experience and lack of maintanence and or repairs. some things 2 or 3 mins before a final tend to slip the mind, and are over looked.
Newbie problems are legit problems. As an example, the MTX-4 gear stripping problem has been a nightmare for some people. So much so that they got rid of the car.

I don't recall seeing anything from you that was added to my notes as an issue. After doing the KBs for about a year now, I can tell the difference.

i have raced this car for a while now , and honestly can say apart from the ED front lay shaft, nothing on this car has broken during racing or testing. i have replaced parts soley on them being worn out.
Once you learn your car, you don't have what I refer to as "newbie problems". Same thing happened with my RRRs. I just don't break things anymore.

my spur gear issues have been sorted , by using the servo mount screws as suggested by some. filling of parts was done for precaution, and now TM has a nylon speedshot top brace. as for setups, once the siffer and heavier or lighter parts are on the car , the characteristics do change, as they would on every car. i have never glued the bladders in the shocks, and never had one leak. again i think more for precaution. Most people share their info on here, and for the better of the experience for others, and things for others to try.
The forum is a power vehicle to influence opinions and decision making. It also helps people do all the precautionary things you mentioned. Unfortunately, it's such a pain to go through all these posts - that's why I created the Knowledge Bases.

The opinions I have about the car come from reading about everyone's experiences. Sure, some people have problems "just because", but not all of them can be attributed to that.

If one was to buy a G4S at the moment, most are offereing the ED as no added cost. im sure this will be the better way to experience this car, before the + comes out. as all G4S cars can be converted to a plus i see no negatives about that just all ++ .
The only negative is the cost. rc_revolution is a good example of that. It will cost him quite a bit of money to convert his G4S to the G4+.

IMO, the best way to experience the G4 sedan is with the G4+. It's the best configuration that TM has to offer and should provide the best results.

If you get a chance, please read through some of the KBs that I've done. I think it will give a better idea of what all this research I do is all about.

Cheers
Old 06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Man! Even the ad for the G4S looks like it cost too much for me!

Oh well...guess I'll be sticking with my current G4S.

Maybe I'll chizel #1000 on mine and pretend its a G4+.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Congrats Mike on the done deal..... The Canadian Nationals in Hamilton Ontario is a very fun track to race at. If its a possibility you might want to try to make it there too. I'll be there as well as Paul C (I think) and Aaron Buran.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Looking for a pipe

Hey guys. Quick non-G4+ vs G4S question. I am looking to get a pipe for my JLR Red Dot. I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Missle line from KFactory? http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...6001&pageNum=1

Yeah, I know there is a engine forum but since Team Magic and KFactory are joined at the hip I figured you guys would have the inside scoop on the pipe.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Hey guys. Quick non-G4+ vs G4S question. I am looking to get a pipe for my JLR Red Dot. I was wondering if any of you have experience with the Missle line from KFactory? http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...6001&pageNum=1

Yeah, I know there is a engine forum but since Team Magic and KFactory are joined at the hip I figured you guys would have the inside scoop on the pipe.
I forget I read it somewhere......... it's lame.

Would you consider a complete set of Novarossi Turbo or 2360 EFRA ?

Perhaps you should ask people with JLR engines for better answers....
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

New Team Magic 2007 G4+ LE

http://www.redrc.net/2007/06/team-magic-2007-g4-le/

Old 06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid

Bud you will do fine with the std G4S
Go through the motions of getting familiar with the car and and its characteristics and you will enjoy it.
If anything id suggest just getting 1st gear pinions and a set of the different spur gears to get the gearing sorted out for your local track.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid

Na na na! That would be the G4++
Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Bud you will do fine with the std G4S
Go through the motions of getting familiar with the car and and its characteristics and you will enjoy it.
If anything id suggest just getting 1st gear pinions and a set of the different spur gears to get the gearing sorted out for your local track.
I was just messing around...

I've actually been VERY happy with my G4S. Ever since I converted it from my original Mongoose to the full G4S, the car has been great. My hard time getting those couple parts not withstanding...

I haven't played around with the gearing much because the kit gearing seems to be dead on for what I need for my local track(s).

Overall the car has been very good and has helped me catch up to some of the faster locals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.