Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by schufflerbot
I just purchased and installed my G4S upgrade kit, starting from the G4 RTR package. This is my first RC car, so I cant comment on how well it runs compared to other cars. I can, however, comment on the difference between the RTR setup and the G4S setup...

wow.

I can turn now!!!

The car feels light years stiffer and more responsive, it handles like its on rails and while I know the upgrade kit has nothing to do with engine performance, I think adding the upgraded parts and spending some time with my little one has made her happier and better performing overall.

Last night, BIGTACO and I went to the local parking lot where the surfaces are more or less flat enough to play around on and I have to tell you...

My engine has never run so well! It started right up, ran like a dream and didnt have a single problem all the way through the first tank of gas.

Sam at www.racedayhobbies.com gave me exactly the advice I needed and I am SO happy with my G4S that I think I may have just soiled my skivvies.
Congradulations, sounds like you had fun and put it all together correctly!!! Keep the fun rolling!!!

The sh*t??? hmmmmmmmm that good or bad????? LOL
Old 11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default suwon mayor cup

korea local suwon's mayor cup was opened last sunday.

i had trouble second spur gear in heats.

so i finished heat by 7th position.

But early on A-MAIN, i raised up 2th position after first corner.

this movie only focused my G4S

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=arIx-GKAGhU$

But i had some engine trouble in carburetor.

so my car is more and more slow.. --;;;

and i finished 3rd. ^^

have a nice watching~
Old 11-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gtrmx
I think there is no reason to hit on TM so badly!
No that wasnt what i was trying to do,maybe my English tounge in cheek doesnt transfer to text too well. I have only tried to promote G4 and improve for the 3 years I have been driving one. .

Look at how other brands actually have to come up with a totally new design every time they introduce a change...

705, 710, 720
MTX2, MTX3, MTX4
V one r, RR, RRR, RRR WCE, etc...

The G4's bulkheads, belts, suspensions arms and quite a few other bits are still totally compatible with the original car...

Only the parts that really needed improvements have been touched!
Yes i totaly agree with you they have done a fantastic job with this. If you are a good enough driver to take advantage then you have to have these parts or or you could be handing away .1 or .2 tenths a lap.

The parts i mention are not just bling and as i said for any serious racer. Front speed release gives you more options with roll centre and ability to swap out a diff quick. ED,well read what people have ben saying. Side braces to strengthen chasis.

Personally I prefer buying the new kit if it is released becuase it is still cheaper than buying a lot of the parts separately as spares. But that same thing applies to basically any kit and brand out there.
This is precisly my point.As i said i wouldnt want anyone else put off buy this and miss out on a G4.

I am rather grateful TM/K Factory is looking for ways to improve the car! You cannot stop progress! And should not attempt to do so either!
[/QUOTE]

I dont know where you got the idea from my post ?

Im trying to get progress/improved car to the masses for less money thats all.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

right now i'm running the engine that came with the RTR kit. Its an SH .15
2.5cc engine. I'm considering a new novarossi or TZ for x-mas, though.

maybe.

this one runs great, but BIGTACO's Novarossi leaves everyone behind on the str8's.
Dude, just lean it out more. Just joking....sort of. Is the class you race in an open class to be able to run the .15? Do you guys run the sedan or Lola style bodies? I personally run all RB equipment. I do own some Novarossi as well, just not any of the newer stuff. Crap, I still have brand new JP Black modified motors in the box from 2002. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the new OS engines though. I think I have a new TZ 3 port laying around somewhere. But I bought it before the "Speed Tuned" stuff came out. That just plain sucks. But this little OS .12 might end up doing better then I think. Like I said, I run all RB that's why I have these other engines not in use. I buy them thinking I'm going to try them, then they just sit around. Bad habit of mine. Anyway, good luck with your motor and X-Mas wish list.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

To be honest, I run in the 'run what you brung' category and I dont think there are any rules governing what you can and cant put on the track. I personally run a lola body (its actually a GTP body, but same shape) but everyone else runs touring sedans. I will be getting my touring sedan body soon, applying my sponsor paint job (Zig-Zag) and seeing how the sedan body holds to the track surface.

So you haven't run the TZ engine yet?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Having run most of the newer Novas and the OS stuff I can say with certainty that the Nova based motors are smoother & faster with tighter production tolerances. The TZ is a good motor and defiantly cheaper but its just not in the same class.

If you budget allows I would suggest the MF MasMo. Should you be limited to a tuned or std version price wise the LL3 (more bottom end, flatter mid-band) would be best for short sized tracks with the LS3 (more linear feel with snappier mid band) better on long tracks.

Mark
Old 11-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtveten
Having run most of the newer Novas and the OS stuff I can say with certainty that the Nova based motors are smoother & faster with tighter production tolerances. The TZ is a good motor and defiantly cheaper but its just not in the same class.

If you budget allows I would suggest the MF MasMo. Should you be limited to a tuned or std version price wise the LL3 (more bottom end, flatter mid-band) would be best for short sized tracks with the LS3 (more linear feel with snappier mid band) better on long tracks.

Mark
I agree with you totally... But that OS-Speed TZ-12 is a different monster and when tuned correctly and with the right pipe... I've seen it make JP's & Nova's look silly... But then again... It's also the driver... .02 I can recall seeing Mike Swauger's JP lap the field at the 06 Nats... Hands down the fastest car period... and only until he stripped a spur gear did Chris Tosolini and Serpent get the win... I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't go wrong with either brand line and a good driver and make a good motor look great...

RC_Alan
Old 11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the input, fellas. It's appreciated and needed. I'm thinking I will be going with the Nova series, as I've seen my buddies run circles around these guys at the local track. I was considering a Murnen (sp?) modified motor, maybe a plus 12.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

me also considering 12-3CT tuned version. but would like to see how the tuned and stock version differ. anyone got the picture of the modified parts?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Tuned means, a silicone fule flow insert, and a lightened crank. The step up from that would be a modded version. MasMo2 is the best of the modded versions and uses a different lightened crank, 3 needle carb, hand selected non-micrcasted piston sleeve set, minor port modification to the sleeve, LS rod, and heat treated lightweight block (ala JP black series) The MasMo series also retains the short stroke specs of a 13.8 bore & 14.04 stroke.

Mark
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

To be honest, I run in the 'run what you brung' category and I dont think there are any rules governing what you can and cant put on the track. I personally run a lola body (its actually a GTP body, but same shape) but everyone else runs touring sedans. I will be getting my touring sedan body soon, applying my sponsor paint job (Zig-Zag) and seeing how the sedan body holds to the track surface.

So you haven't run the TZ engine yet?
Nope, I haven't ran the TZ yet. I did start breaking it in before the Paris race in Vegas last month. I think I was on about tank 4. But Rody Roem gave me a new hand tuned Matarix out in Vegas last month. In fact it was the first Matrix engine in the US. THANKS RODY!!!! So I never ran the OS. I actually brought A few other engines, but I didn't have any legal 3 port RB engines. Rody knows that I am devoted to his engines. Plus I hate breaking in engines. My hudy break in stand didn't fit the smaller engines, it was made for the .21 and old .15 mid size engines for the 235mm cars. The holes didn't line up for the engine mounts on it. I will have to tell you that this OS is one of the tightest engines on TDC (top dead center) I've ever experienced. I've read a lot of opinions on this motor, and keep hearing that it has great reliability, very easy to tune and keep that tune, and quite fast. I would recommend this engine to any driver other then the top experienced drivers that NEED a mod engine at a compitition level. However, the "speed tuned" version will keep up with most modded engines that are out there. But I also agree that Nova Rossi engines are very fast and reliable. Tuneing is a bit more acute, not difficult, just a SMALL turn of a needle can go a long way.

As far as you going from a GTP body to a sedan body, I doubt you will notice much difference unless you run on a large flowing track. Now if you were running a Lola first and then Sedan...well you would probably notice a bigger difference. The GTP is faster with less downforce and less steering then the Lola. Lola has great down force and great steering. The sedan (Most bodies)
have good steering and little or no down force. Wow, I hope that all made sence. Anyway, good luck!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gansei
korea local suwon's mayor cup was opened last sunday.

i had trouble second spur gear in heats.

so i finished heat by 7th position.

But early on A-MAIN, i raised up 2th position after first corner.

this movie only focused my G4S

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=arIx-GKAGhU$

But i had some engine trouble in carburetor.

so my car is more and more slow.. --;;;

and i finished 3rd. ^^

have a nice watching~
Sorry to hear you had trouble with your carburetor 'cause your car was looking extremely good!!

That is a great track,too!!

Were you running your modified OS TZ by GR Racing??

I am still willing to buy that engine but do not know how!!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to hear you had trouble with your carburetor 'cause your car was looking extremely good!!

That is a great track,too!!

Were you running your modified OS TZ by GR Racing??

I am still willing to buy that engine but do not know how!!

yes i used GR tuned OS 12 TZ 3port and 5mm GPX-4 muffler.

But fuel leak out from carburetor rubber.

so my OS engine is gone slow and slow... ^^

and i am not satisfied with my clutch setting.
(no weight shim, 1.8 spring, clearance: 0.4mm, red shoe)

GR racing will produce tuned OS 12TZ 5port in time.

But 3port TZ will be produced in 2007 Jan.

i will send your message to GR racing.

Thanks..
Old 11-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Dario's G4 Photo

i am seeking for Dario's G4 detail Photo.

could you help me?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Moment of silence, please.

Last night, on the local 'track' that is a parking lot in its off hours, I went to test my new suspension set up and check some minor tweeks I had made to my new G4S (upgraded from the RTR kit last week)

It was running like a dream come true, the engine was perfectly tuned, the tranny was shifting better than ever and the new handling setup was exquisite to say the least.

Then, my good friend of 15+ years, who is interested in getting into this sport, asked to try the car out and see what it was like to handle it.

After some hesitation on my part and prodding on his, I handed my controller over reluctantly and told him to 'keep it between the two outer markers and dont go past half throttle.'

well, he was doing well up until a 2000 Ford F-150 with 33" tires came rolling through the parking lot and headed in our direction. I saw the truck, warned my friend about it and told him to bring the car back around.

Well, he kind of panicked, as the truck was closing in fast and -to make a long story short- he didnt get out of the way on time.

The largest vehicle in a parking lot half the size of Texas ran directly over the top of my car, crushing the engine, gas tank and pretty much causing enough damage to every part that salvage is not an option.

I'm heartbroken and a little angry that I handed my controller over, but I guess accidents will happen, right?

Luckily, this is a great friend of mine who I know will man up and take care of the costs. Unluckily, he is in a financial bind right now and I dont know when he will be able to pony up the cash for a new kit.

So, if you will all take a moment to bow your heads, we can have a collective moment of silence for the poor G4 that was cut down in her prime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.