Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default leaky diffs

Has anyone else have this problem. I recently rebuilt 2diffs and they both leak.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
Has anyone else have this problem. I recently rebuilt 2diffs and they both leak.
Did you forget the diff case gasket?
(see pg. 3 & 4)
http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/vehi...evo-manual.pdf
Old 09-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default G4RSII

..ready for engine break-in.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-image.jpg  
Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Italboy
..ready for engine break-in.
Nice... now we are talking.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default G4RSII

Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-foto-2.jpg   Team Magic G4-foto-1.jpg  
Old 09-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default G4RSII

Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-foto-3.jpg   Team Magic G4-foto-4.jpg  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

A very nice car sir. I have a question, what advantage did team magic see when they narrowed the chassis on g4rs 2008 from older g4's and moved flying wings out to outer position to keep width at 200 mm? It confuses me as bulkheads are same distance apart because of the diff size.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
A very nice car sir. I have a question, what advantage did team magic see when they narrowed the chassis on g4rs 2008 from older g4's and moved flying wings out to outer position to keep width at 200 mm? It confuses me as bulkheads are same distance apart because of the diff size.

Thanks in advance.
Wow some posting action in the G4 thread. Thought Robby was only loyal person still using a Team Magic gas car now and respect too him for doing so knowing he has other brand cars.

I think you are a little confused about the chassis plate differences and i will say i aren't the most knowledgable person, but it might be your only response. When Team Magic released the flying wing arms for the G4+ they released new rear bulkheads with two holes for mounting the hinge pin. The outer hole being the same as original design and the inner hole for the mounting the new flying wing arms that are longer in length. And they released a new backing plate to allow for either position (standard on the G4+). Later when they released the original G4RS 2008 edition, the chassis plate had a narrower rear end on it, but everything still carried over. By changing the shape of the chassis, this required another rear back plate and this only had one hole on it for the flying wing arms (inner hole). So even though the chassis looks more narrow, the overall width is the same at 200mm. Only reason i can see for doing this is by removing material on the chassis plate. you have reduced some of it's weight.

Blis (Harry) may be able to clarify this for you, however i am not sure how often he visits the site anymore like many others.

I went downstairs to dig through the graveyard tubs, found brand new ZF diffs that have never been used. Do wonder if they are any lighter

Take care
Andrew
Old 09-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default ZF Diffs

So just out curiosity i weighed a standard ED front diff (53g) vs the ZF diff. I havent found the pulley for it as standard one doesn't fit but it was 51g without the pulley so is about the same roughly. Did notice comparing the two it looks to hold more oil as area is deeper.

Anyhow, still twice the weight of a Capricorn diff
Old 09-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Flying wings

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Wow some posting action in the G4 thread. Thought Robby was only loyal person still using a Team Magic gas car now and respect too him for doing so knowing he has other brand cars.

I think you are a little confused about the chassis plate differences and i will say i aren't the most knowledgable person, but it might be your only response. When Team Magic released the flying wing arms for the G4+ they released new rear bulkheads with two holes for mounting the hinge pin. The outer hole being the same as original design and the inner hole for the mounting the new flying wing arms that are longer in length. And they released a new backing plate to allow for either position (standard on the G4+). Later when they released the original G4RS 2008 edition, the chassis plate had a narrower rear end on it, but everything still carried over. By changing the shape of the chassis, this required another rear back plate and this only had one hole on it for the flying wing arms (inner hole). So even though the chassis looks more narrow, the overall width is the same at 200mm. Only reason i can see for doing this is by removing material on the chassis plate. you have reduced some of it's weight.

Blis (Harry) may be able to clarify this for you, however i am not sure how often he visits the site anymore like many others.

I went downstairs to dig through the graveyard tubs, found brand new ZF diffs that have never been used. Do wonder if they are any lighter

Take care
Andrew
Hello!
Like Andrew said, the main reason was to save weight, because with the introduction of the NT1 the G4 was too heavy for that time so they had to make change/improvement.
The other reason for this flying design was to avoid swirl inside the car - having a better air flow.

I'm now waiting for better weather condition.. :-)
Old 09-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Hello!
Like Andrew said, the main reason was to save weight, because with the introduction of the NT1 the G4 was too heavy for that time so they had to make change/improvement.
The other reason for this flying design was to avoid swirl inside the car - having a better air flow.

I'm now waiting for better weather condition.. :-)
Robby,

Thanks, don't always get things correct

What's with the CBR engine? What happened to REDS? Is the CBR Novarossi based? Saw a team driver for Edam with one about 12 months ago, but not heard too much about them. Will be interested to see how they go and your thoughts.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 09-20-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Robby,

Thanks, don't always get things correct

What's with the CBR engine? What happened to REDS? Is the CBR Novarossi based? Saw a team driver for Edam with one about 12 months ago, but not heard too much about them. Will be interested to see how they go and your thoughts.

Take Care
Andrew
Hey Andrew

The CBR engine is picco based. WP Technology, an engineer team, have made some improvements on it, not just mechanical, but in chosing other materials as well.
Few guys in the swiss nats are running these engines - they are really fast. Also the break in process in a very short time is an other special feature.
But still Im having REDS on my own and will race with REDS as they are superb engines :-)
Bye
Robby
Old 09-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice car and engine Robby!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Nice car and engine Robby!
Thank you!
Old 09-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

motor looks nice!!

in my previous experience with the G4 flying arms is they are very fragile, you may not crash into barriers like i do but i would suggest to stock up on them if you already havn't.

what does the car weigh in full running gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.