Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Servos!

Blis:

Where the servos in the G4+ Evo at this year VICS Digital or Analog? I have been back threading a bit of this thread and someone commented that they thought the Amp draw of two digital servo was too great for AAA cells especially if you used steering braking

Interesting... Any thoughts?

Andrew
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis:

Where the servos in the G4+ Evo at this year VICS Digital or Analog? I have been back threading a bit of this thread and someone commented that they thought the Amp draw of two digital servo was too great for AAA cells especially if you used steering braking

Interesting... Any thoughts?

Andrew
I use AceRC in the G4+ and while by the end of a long day it's likely we'll have problems, they seem to work fine.

Im seriously considering looking for info regarding LiFe batteries for the G4, anyone know of any that fit, pls post!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
I use AceRC in the G4+ and while by the end of a long day it's likely we'll have problems, they seem to work fine.

Im seriously considering looking for info regarding LiFe batteries for the G4, anyone know of any that fit, pls post!
Harry

Are these Digital? Cause when i had my run away with the G4+ Evo it had two digital Sanwa servos...

LiFe would be good!

Andrew
Old 03-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

get in touch with your local hobby shop give them a sample battery ask them to contact merlin models in perth and ask chris to make a life for you to fit sorry just reliased you may not be in australia
Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rufazz
get in touch with your local hobby shop give them a sample battery ask them to contact merlin models in perth and ask chris to make a life for you to fit sorry just reliased you may not be in australia
I am..
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Harry

Are these Digital? Cause when i had my run away with the G4+ Evo it had two digital Sanwa servos...

LiFe would be good!

Andrew
Ace servos are digital; and have a reputation of being very reliable. The most popular model is DS 1015, which is identical to Associated DS 1015.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oldskool:

No problems, glad i could help! Let me know how you go...

Andrew
ya for sure man im also going to try and find a smaller belt that might work ill keep pp you posted
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Ace servos are digital; and have a reputation of being very reliable. The most popular model is DS 1015, which is identical to Associated DS 1015.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars

Thank you for clearing that up... Thinking of using a Capacitor to keep the power consistent to the receiver. I know Spektrum and Novak have them but don't think they are going to be any use to me. Might have to rig something up at work!

Andrew
Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oldskool:

No problems, glad i could help! Let me know how you go...

Andrew
Hey I found a hpi belt that fits like a glove it works perfect! The part number is # a727 for any body that needs it and doesn't want to get a new chassis or customize there original chassis
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldskool325
Hey I found a hpi belt that fits like a glove it works perfect! The part number is # a727 for any body that needs it and doesn't want to get a new chassis or customize there original chassis
Oldskool:

Thanks for the update... I will keep this in mind for the Mongoose!

Andrew
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default KFactory LX Shocks!

Is it just me or does the longer cap on the top of the LX shock make it harder to get ride height? They are alot smoother then the standard shocks on the G4RS 08...

Andrew
Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

BUMP!!!

Anyone find this sad that the thread is so far down the list and another loyal G4'r "Bundy" (Andrew) looks to have left although he hasn't said anything!

I am still to make a choice, was set on a Team Magic rtr kit but it is obvious no one loves them anymore.

I hope Capricorn or Xray release a rtr car in the near future...
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
BUMP!!!

Anyone find this sad that the thread is so far down the list and another loyal G4'r "Bundy" (Andrew) looks to have left although he hasn't said anything!

I am still to make a choice, was set on a Team Magic rtr kit but it is obvious no one loves them anymore.

Hi Mr Poo, theres not a real lot available in RTR ATM, I can think of TM G4S RTR, TM G$JR, Kyosho V1S3, and the EDAM.

In terms of track potential i'd rate the EDAM as best, followed by the G4JR, G4S and finally V1S3.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by abi
Hi Mr Poo, theres not a real lot available in RTR ATM, I can think of TM G4S RTR, TM G$JR, Kyosho V1S3, and the EDAM.

In terms of track potential i'd rate the EDAM as best, followed by the G4JR, G4S and finally V1S3.
Thank you for your suggestions, my only issue is all these cars seem to lack support on this forum and from what i have seen of the racing at my local club they are rare brands.

I did get a new STS engine from Andrew and he is talking to me about one of his cars, but i am not sure.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
BUMP!!!

dont know how to say as my TM already been for display,moving back to mugen mtx4r,so hardly to say my last run with the kit got perfect run,but due to flameout in straight and hit by another racer,so i break my rear arm,bulkhead,bend rear stabilizer,broken rear tower shock..so lazy to rebuild the kit even i got alot of spare better kept it for display

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.