Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

We apologize we weren't there. Next year.

However we did run the cincinatti MWS race 1, and Ray Juhl TQ 200mm with his G4S and Dave Berry won 200mm Outlaw with his G4S. Brians 200mm was really cookin until the clutch dumped a thrust bearing causing the engine to stall. we refired it and 5 minutes later it ate first gear, we fixed it and it ate a second one five minutes after that. It was only after the race we noticed it spit the clutch thrust bearing. I had a good run going in 200 MM outlaw and had moved to first and was a half lap up when I plugged a dead car sitting dead in the middle of the back straight at full throttle damaging my car. Dave had marched from tenth to second and proceded to carry on where I left off, he was going to get me anyway as I picked a smaller set of tires and dave 's car was performing better than mine right out of the gate. Brian Berry and RayJ made the A show however 15 minutes in Ray's car developed difficulty making right turns. we discovered the tuned pipe mount screw came loose and the pipe began to drag the ground but only after the race was over. Ray finished a respectable 4th. the third place car (mtx4) driven by Ira shultz took advantage of rays steering issues to capture third from ray in the last 5 minutes of the race.

All in all I was very happy with the team and the performance of the cars. The potential was there for a clean sweep but a couple bugs put us back.

Those who saw brians car on saturday night in happy hour passing and leaving 1/8th scales all over the track won't doubt this car has the goods in capable hands with the right horsepower.

It was nice to meet some new faces from RC tech there. Tony Cope gets the I got hosed award as he had another driver on his frequency all weekend and he did not know it. The other driver was on the wrong channel so tony's weekend was a disaster.

there were 7 G4's at the race so given the outcome it was not bad at all.

Total entries for the race 110.

Last edited by Motorman2; 05-08-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

congrats to Tony G from TQ fuels for TQ'ing at 301 speedway this weekend with his G4S.
Tony did not run the main as he had sunday obligations.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Team Nitro Hobbies did it again , the magical G4s's wins again in cyprus championship , both classes . and both 1st and 2nd place .

A very special thanks to Daz , NiMo , SloStaedy and every one in this forum who realy helps

Visit www.nitro.com.cy

Last edited by MLCG4s; 05-08-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congradulation to all the sucess of G4S over the world.there are victory everymonth after the release os the G4S. I am so glad I come back to TM over the M car after I sold my previous ride whic is a good car too.

With sucess of HoBao and Ho Nor, Taiwanese brand is taking over the Japanese brand with decent perfomance and reasonable price. the RC market is healthier this way, benefit for all average people who love the hobby

the next thing I am hoping to see is a top performer in reasonable price in eletric touring class
Old 05-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Initiate

All regarts must go to Team Magic for supporting us the drivers With there Magic , The car is realy a MAGIC

Thanks TEAM MAGIC
Old 05-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks to all the G4S drivers and there support to making the car successful

Thanks to all the G4S drivers out there that are contributing to the forum. It's helping all of us to make the car better at the race track. It's the feedback and set-ups that will help all of us. It's good to see that the car is edging itself upwards among an ocean of very very talented Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent drivers. Hopefully we can all bring the "underdog" even further up the ladder. Great success to all of you racing the car!!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Whats up Ray J?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When I am reading about E Class is that the Evo car from last year?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff the history of the car goes as follows. C class, E class, Evo/Mongoose, G4S.
so the answer to your question is that the E class was prior to the Evo

MLC thats two for you guys now. Right on.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Not much......

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Whats up Ray J?
Talk to you at sedan nats Brad. Good luck racing..........later dude.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Talk to you at sedan nats Brad. Good luck racing..........later dude.
Cool....................Congrats on you TQ. Sounds like you guys are making the car better and better. I'll see ya the great lakes race as well.

L8R!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default G4 riseing..............

I too am very pleased to be able to say I am part of the G4 'comunity'.

All the drivers I have meet, who are running the G4 I have found to be very helpful. Even at the race track when, as we all know, things can get a little................. stressed shall we say.
Ray is so right. We are all working very hard to bring Team Magic and the G4 to the "Big Show" time and time again. To make the car better and better.
And I think we're starting to see G4 alot more in A finals as time goes by.

To keep everyone upto date. You all have probably read the improvements made so far to the car. That seam to be working.
Narrowing the front track, making the front only 196-7mm.
Increasing the shock hole size from stock to 1.2 or 1.3mm Dia. seams also to work well. Especially at the rear of the car.
Shortening the wheelbase of the car. By taking material from the rear A arms (wishbones) has a positive effect on improveing the cars ability to 'rotate'.
Using plenty of rear camber (3 to 4 degrees) and the use of overdrive also can improve rear traction.

Work is also in progress with improvements to the rear involving the role centre. When there is more positive feedback from these tests I'm sure the people involved will let us all know.
Helping each other will help not only the cars development, but also our own as drivers !
Good luck to all G4 drivers everywhere.
A special thanks to Dennis Richey and Ray J from myself at what was for me, a MOST frustrating weekend !!

Tony
Old 05-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by British Menace

Narrowing the front track, making the front only 196-7mm.
Increasing the shock hole size from stock to 1.2 or 1.3mm Dia. seams also to work well. Especially at the rear of the car.
Shortening the wheelbase of the car. By taking material from the rear A arms (wishbones) has a positive effect on improveing the cars ability to 'rotate'.
Using plenty of rear camber (3 to 4 degrees) and the use of overdrive also can improve rear traction.

Work is also in progress with improvements to the rear involving the role centre.
I am lucky to read that the G4 so many befriend have. Unfortunately is not here with us in Germany like that. There are only very few drivers those the G4 on the racing courses moves.
Can you tell me more about this:
Shortening the wheelbase of the car. By taking material from the rear A arms (wishbones) has a positive effect on improveing the cars ability to 'rotate'

Thanks for all and god luck to all the G4 drivers around the world
Marc
Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

that mean you make the distant between front and rear wheel shorter. usually if other design doesn't change, a car with long wheel base tend to be more stable on straightway (Dragster vs. Street Racer). however, the drawback is during the turn, longer wheel base don't respond fast and don't turn sharp as shorter wheelbase. since G4 is one of the longest wheel base car as well as 710, they are stable in fast striaghtline but cournering is a little understeering compare to Japanese car (G4 is OK, 710 really suffer that). people shorten the wheel base to gain a sharper courning.

I am planning to make the mod on my G4, not because I suffer understeering (in fact, I am suffering oversteering, I use uncut overdrive and bigger rear toe and cmaber to compensate that), but just to try the effact on my own.

I f there is anything I misunderstand, everyone please point out
Old 05-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default British Menace...

It was a pleasure meeting you in Cinnci. It's to bad you drove so far to have some idiot not pay attention to what frequency he was supposed to be on. Cinnci is a hard track to learn all in itself! That track is huge, and the traction was really funky all weekend. I hope you get a chance to race with us in Toledo, and some of the other midwest series races. The competition in sedan is going way up! You will really like the Toledo track. It's a very easy track to drive, fast and smooth.

Overdrive really opens up some new gear possibilties too. We intially used overdrive to lower the rear roll center, but the side benefits are new gear combo's.
18 brake pulley/19 side pulley
pinion combo's: 18/23,18/24,19/23,19/24,19/25 (3.22mm Fr/Rear tire split for 1 to 1 ratio) Good for small to medium size tracks.

19 Brake pulley/20 side pulley
Pinion combo's : same as above (Great for large tracks)

I was running one qualifier with small tires in Cinnci. Cinnci can be a mileage problem if your running small tires. I ran the qualifier with 60mm rears and 56.8 fronts. That's small for a 280 foot straigthaway. I ran it with the 19brake/20 side pulleys coupled with a 19/25 pinion combo. It worked great and no mileage problems! I was able to run a small tire, and not run out of gear. With some really high bite tracks, big tires make for traction roll nite mares!!

Many thanks to AFM for the gear calculator!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.