Team Magic G4

Old 10-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

EPA?? aslo i have no stabilizer at the front and at the back at 0 degree, and as for roll center at the front i have high roll center, and at the back no shims and its in the 2nd right center roll adjustment at the right side. as for the shock positions in the 2nd(from the down to up) front, and 2nd rear
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
EPA??
servo end-point.

as what razzor suggested, reduce yr steering servo end-points on yr TX or reduce the steering dual-rate on yr TX.

try softening yr rear or stiffening yr front. lay yr rear shocks down more or stand yr front shocks up more.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Not knowing the track you running on is a hard but i run a similar setup but with front roll bar flat/softest. I have teh Mugen rear roll bar but id suggest running the rear roll bar stiffer.
Rear shocks move to 3rd hole from inside and also try taking out roll center shims on rear outer upper mount.

I use the Serpent quick reference guide when i am at the track.
Try it its very usefull for solving hassles and to help learn setup.
You could also download the setup manual for more in depth info on setup and everything that effects it.

http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=4719
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-setupguide2.jpg  

Last edited by razzor; 10-03-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Tyres-40 front and rear
Differentials- F-solid axle
R-10000
Shocks- F-tm Blue(6)- 600 cSt oil
R-tm Pink(3)- 600 cSt oil
Front width- 196mm
Rear width-200mm
Camber- F-1Degree
R-4Degrees
Toe- F-0Degrees
R-Toe in-3Degrees
Caster- F-6mm
R-1mm
Cluch- Tm White with little gap and a shim.

There’s no way that this setup wont work on that track , maybe you are to aggressive with your moves like rookies do and you just NEED more practice , I usually use 20000 at the rear and the car push like aeroplane and no 360s no spins .Try to use the front antiroll bars and USE THEM to see how the car handles ,the manufacturer designed the car with this thing on because they have a reason to be there, don’t change any diff oils or suspension oils , change some caster clips put some at the back so the car wont oversteer at every corner exit on full throttle , front camber 1 ,front toe -1 , your rear is FAAAAARR out of the point of use in that track , use 2 for camber and 1,5 for toe , front width 198 , road clearance 8mm with new tires , AND setup your clutch its tooooooo aggressive , try to tension the spring a bit more.

And a tip ‘’don’t try to be a pro without practice and only questioning , you have the car you have the track , USE THEM’’
Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just put these babies in ... yay!!!

will test this weekend hoping for much smoother steering (compared to my previous ACE 1013 servos)

Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Omarko
I just put these babies in ... yay!!!

will test this weekend hoping for much smoother steering (compared to my previous ACE 1013 servos)

hey make sure you are running a high amperage regulator or you will get power loss when running these servos
cheers

Last edited by aussies1129; 10-04-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey make sure you are running a high amperage regular or you will get power loss when running these servos
cheers
whats that ?

EDIT: also why does it say on the packaging NI-Cd use only ? I have LiPo battery in my G4 ... is that a problem?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

whats that ?

EDIT: also why does it say on the packaging NI-Cd use only ? I have LiPo battery in my G4 ... is that a problem?
i've been running both my bls451 using lipo and a 5A regulator without any issues...
Old 10-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

whats that ?

Originally Posted by keavze
i've been running both my bls451 using lipo and a 5A regulator without any issues...
Yes a 5 AMP regulator will do fine I ran a 2amp for a while and I nearly lost the car Keavze what mah lipo are you running?
cheers
Old 10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Test

AND setup your clutch its tooooooo aggressive , try to tension the spring a bit more.
Hmm.... a question... i think im having a clutch setting problem... my rear will spin out (not 360 about 90 degree) when i on throttle on a big bend and when corner exit. i try to lossen abit the clutch spring tension n make my car rear softer but problem still not solve.

My question is, should i loosen the clutch spring tension more or should i change to a harder spring? what the different between higher clutch spring tension and using of harder clutch spring?

As for the spin at corner exit (once exit i throttle) is it that reduce the caster angle will improve?

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by jameslow
Hmm.... a question... i think im having a clutch setting problem... my rear will spin out (not 360 about 90 degree) when i on throttle on a big bend and when corner exit. i try to lossen abit the clutch spring tension n make my car rear softer but problem still not solve.

My question is, should i loosen the clutch spring tension more or should i change to a harder spring? what the different between higher clutch spring tension and using of harder clutch spring?

As for the spin at corner exit (once exit i throttle) is it that reduce the caster angle will improve?

Thanks!
When you increase spring tension, clutch will engage later but with a big impact.. if you increase it too much (winding the coils) then it will slip and won't engage fully and overheat (clutch and engine) rapidly..

Hope this helps..

Asil
Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asil
When you increase spring tension, clutch will engage later but with a big impact.. if you increase it too much (winding the coils) then it will slip and won't engage fully and overheat (clutch and engine) rapidly..

Hope this helps..

Asil
Thanks for reply.

hmm... if i change to harder spring ( does it mean that it will reduce the impact? ) therefore reduce wheel spin?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jameslow
Thanks for reply.

hmm... if i change to harder spring ( does it mean that it will reduce the impact? ) therefore reduce wheel spin?
I would maybe just tighten the spring a little bit and then test it and go from there. Make sure you don't use the throttle like an on/off switch aswell.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

hey i race with a bsl 451 steering servo but have no regulator, why is it needed??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.