Team Magic G4

Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just received an RS kit from the latest batch and found this

Looks like they were listening to us after all Patto

p.s. I see the spur gears are a little different as well, they have 'GT' imprinted on them..

If I find anything else I'll pass it on

Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi

Just to let you all know it looks like there has been some running changes to the G4RS kit. It now comes with this supplementary sheet and it looks like the rear swaybar is the same as the G4+ and the length of the tie rods has changed as well.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4rs.jpg  
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

JINX.... SP Racer beat me too it!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB_Racer
JINX.... SP Racer beat me too it!
It has taken me a week to get it out of the box & scan it
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

From that supplimental page it looks like the new car is using teh old style larger clutch flyweights.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razzor
From that supplimental page it looks like the new car is using teh old style larger clutch flyweights.
Yep - I used it on the weekend.

Totally different feel to the UFO2, and I can tell you that the uneven shoe wear of the UFO2 setup is a thing of the past.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Just received an RS kit from the latest batch and found this

Looks like they were listening to us after all Patto

p.s. I see the spur gears are a little different as well, they have 'GT' imprinted on them..

If I find anything else I'll pass it on

looks like a bit more plastic surrounding the ball, and the ball seems longer. bit more strength for the lower shock position. maybe different plastics also, as they sound like they have changed the spur material. sorry to say Lui... maybe a bit too late for the update for me. my average lap time has come down 0.5 of a second , and a best time of 0.3 with the old 720 chassis. not alot of engineering gon einto it either, just built it up and raced it.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
It has taken me a week to get it out of the box & scan it
No worries...

I have compared the spur gears with those that came with my G4+ and haven't noticed any difference, but i didn't pull them off the holders at all. Is there spose to be so much sideways movement with the gears when they spin on the shaft? Is it like the holder is buckled!!!!

Thanxs

Last edited by RB_Racer; 08-27-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
yup, it's the 30mm type clutch.

so...this 30mm clutch is the earliest version?
e.g. 30mm to UFO to UFO2?

their only differences are the clutch plate and clutch shoe rite?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Decisions decisions

Originally Posted by freestyles
Dont worry, after all the dramas with parts availability, price of parts etc lately i'm sure a few people have at least thought about it if not already dumped TM for kyosho or especiall the x-ray NT-1 (bloody yuppies). I know a lot of guy's at my club have sold their G4's beause of all the issues surrounding TM and all bought Nt-1's.
I for one have made the decision to park my G4RS for a while (bought an RRR EVO 2). Not giving up on the RS kit, just not happy with the gearing issues I've been having. Wait and see mode. Took Barry up on his offer for a replacement chassis. You DA Man Barry!!! Sorry I haven't posted pics of my chipped chassis but my wife has been in the hospital and is now home recovering. I'll post pics by this weekend. I've been doing the Mr. Mom thing for the last couple of weeks. 1 Daughter in college and another in private school so I've been a bit busy. Did finish up my new RRR EVO 2 kit but not going to be able to try out anytime soon. Expecting rain the rest of the week and all weekend and having a hunting outing planned the following weekend, so we'll see. As I said not giving up on the RS yet and have had my fastest lap times with it, just having trouble with the car lasting through a main without gear failure. Hopefully newly designed ones will correct the problem.

Speyederjedi
Old 08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB_Racer
No worries...

I have compared the spur gears with those that came with my G4+ and haven't noticed any difference, but i didn't pull them off the holders at all. Is there spose to be so much sideways movement with the gears when they spin on the shaft? Is it like the holder is buckled!!!!

Thanxs
I just had a similar problem with sideways play in the 2-speed. I found the retaining screw doesn't fit snug against the spur gears. I was given a tip to shim out the excess play and it seems to work so try that first maybe.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
yup, it's the 30mm type clutch.

so...this 30mm clutch is the earliest version?
e.g. 30mm to UFO to UFO2?

their only differences are the clutch plate and clutch shoe rite?
I have the UFO 1 clutch set-up and i just ordered a new pressure ring shoe but the only one i could order was the single pressure shoe for the UFO 2 clutch system. Will this fit ok??

Also does anyone know where i can get the very original 30mm push type throw weights from? Can't find them anywhere. They are a lot thinner and longer than the UFO 1 shoes i think. I'm not sure of the part number either.

Can you use the Mugen rear roll-bar set up on the G4s??????? I'm not a big fan of the blade type sway bars and prefer the Mugen type.

Last edited by freestyles; 08-27-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more questions
Old 08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

30mm clutch weights (from the mongoose)
http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...0-3&type=store

As for the play in the ED transmission, the original hopup version of the ED transmission shows a shim being used to take up endplay in the 2-speed housing under the screw and washer. (inside of the back cover)

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...4122&pageNum=1

Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
I have the UFO 1 clutch set-up and i just ordered a new pressure ring shoe but the only one i could order was the single pressure shoe for the UFO 2 clutch system. Will this fit ok??

Also does anyone know where i can get the very original 30mm push type throw weights from? Can't find them anywhere. They are a lot thinner and longer than the UFO 1 shoes i think. I'm not sure of the part number either.

Can you use the Mugen rear roll-bar set up on the G4s??????? I'm not a big fan of the blade type sway bars and prefer the Mugen type.
freestyles

Hey man. Check out Brooklyne Hobbies. They have alot of that older stuff. You may want to call them to get a better price. He wants to get rid so they're open to offers

All the best.

British Menace
Old 08-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Serzoni;4780473]
As for the play in the ED transmission, the original hopup version of the ED transmission shows a shim being used to take up endplay in the 2-speed housing under the screw and washer. (inside of the back cover)

[QUOTE]

yup, there's a shim provided but when i tried mine, i didn't use that shim as it'll cause my spur gears some binding...abit too tight with the shim.

btw, anyone knows the size of that shim? i seems to have lost mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.