Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

nice comparision Menace...good info for future reference...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey Grub, i found a bit of a problem with my car after sundays race.
seems the touch up with Mike Moule, i was left with a broken engine mount. the engine was on an angle, and when i went to reset the mesh it was fine, but under load it must of been moving to strip my 1st spurs. bit of a shame, i felt i could have gone a bit faster , but didnt have the confidence after the incident with mike , and then nearly Ed inthe final. man that track is what i call a car killer
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

TM Family,
GOOD NEWS for all

TQ 1-2-3 for G4S on the Peruvian National Championship.

Regards
ALG
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I have both these pipes and I have tried them both on a couple of motors.

NR 2601 on a NR 12-3 ct had good bottom, great middle and blistering top end
That tended to be the same on a IDM Evo 3 too. Although slightly less power bottom end.
With a WERKS 12 B3 It was incredible top , good midd, no bottom power.

The VR!2+ in comparison.
Was always slightly less power on top end with just as much middle and always a liitle more power low down on the rev range.Infact I would say midd range was better with VR12+ on all motors.

In short the 2601 would be best on very big, sweeping tracks I think.
The VR12+ is better all round but always seams to be slightly less power top end. Although still strong !

Hope this helps

British Menace
thanks for the info, tha's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
I have both these pipes and I have tried them both on a couple of motors.

NR 2601 on a NR 12-3 ct had good bottom, great middle and blistering top end
That tended to be the same on a IDM Evo 3 too. Although slightly less power bottom end.
With a WERKS 12 B3 It was incredible top , good midd, no bottom power.

The VR!2+ in comparison.
Was always slightly less power on top end with just as much middle and always a liitle more power low down on the rev range.Infact I would say midd range was better with VR12+ on all motors.

In short the 2601 would be best on very big, sweeping tracks I think.
The VR12+ is better all round but always seams to be slightly less power top end. Although still strong !

Hope this helps

British Menace
My thoughts exactly. The VR12+, at least from my experience, has plenty of low and mid range power, but not on the top end. Good for small to medium size tracks. It is strong pipe that can handle a hit.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

I asked this earlier but it appears it was overlooked.

I've been away from the forum for quite a while and I was looking for whatever new upgrades are out there for the G4s. I searched for the ED transmission, but every post showed up.

What is the ED transmission and why is it better than my stock one?

What other must-have upgrades are out there. I already have the K-Factory brake pads and they are much better than stock.

I've got back surgery and eye surgery scheduled for next month. It'll be great to see the ends of the traight-away at 301! I'll have the winter to upgrade my car and hit the track in the spring. Damn I miss driving this car.

TIA

Chris
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

These questions go out to those who are running DSM in their G4S:

Have you upgraded your battery? What did you upgrade to? If you put in a lipo, which one did you put in and how well does it work? Did you need to do any modifications to the upper deck?

Please let me know. I will be upgrading to DSM for next season and would like to know all the details before I begin the project.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default congratos man....

Originally Posted by ALG
TM Family,
GOOD NEWS for all

Regards
ALG

oi dude way to go bro - bloody awesome news!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver

I've been away from the forum for quite a while and I was looking for whatever new upgrades are out there for the G4s. I searched for the ED transmission, but every post showed up.

What other must-have upgrades are out there. I already have the K-Factory brake pads and they are much better than stock.

I've got back surgery and eye surgery scheduled for next month. It'll be great to see the ends of the traight-away at 301! I'll have the winter to upgrade my car and hit the track in the spring. Damn I miss driving this car.

TIA

Chris
Sorry Chris,

I didn't see it. The ED trans system actually changes the internal drive ratio of the car. This means it will accelerate, and decelerate quicker.
It does this by changing the number of teeth found on "Most" of the pulleys used on the car.
You will need to be running either the UFO 1 or 2 clutch and be extra careful on meshing your pinion and spurs.

Another point on the ED.
A plus, the shafts, namely the two speed shaft at the rear does not have to turn at the same high rpm as with stock gearing. Less arduous on the motor because of this.
A down side. The new ED pulleys are all (except the rear diff pulley) aluminium !
So the whole transmission system is a little heavy compared to other top flight cars!

BM
Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trumpster1

Have you upgraded your battery? What did you upgrade to? If you put in a lipo, which one did you put in and how well does it work? Did you need to do any modifications to the upper deck?

Please let me know. I will be upgrading to DSM for next season and would like to know all the details before I begin the project.

Thanks

i use Futaba 2.4ghz fasst and use the 900ma sanyo's....( i made it my self ) but there are other G4s guy's usuing the 800ma and the 1100ma TM battery..
Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trumpster1

Thanks
I've used the 800mah on a 30 minute race w/o problem. I now have the 1000mAH and 1100mAh for peace of mind. It does take a few more minutes to charge but I don't worry about my battery crapping out on me on a long race. I know a few people have switched to LiPo. They say it is definitely lighter than stock.

Don
Old 09-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver

TIA

Chris
Hi there....

Are you talking about 301 raceway...if so, glad to hear that one more team magic will be racing at this track....

about upgrades, the new G4+ rear sway bar works great, My friend make the upgrade on his car and the car improved a lot.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default G4S Clutch Thrust Bearing

There's a note in the clutch assembly page of the G4S assembly manual that says to put the small thrust bearing washer to the inside and it also says to put it on the outside. Which way is it supposed to be? I assume they're talking about the inside diameter? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
TM Family,
GOOD NEWS for all

Regards
ALG
SWEET!! post your setup!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My front end is still so stiff. I noticed that when i put on the alum. bracket that holds the lower hinge pin in place it tends to bind the suspension. As far as i can tell its not bent. However with out it the arms move very freely. Can i run without it? Or should i drill out the holes a little bit on the bracket?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.