Team Magic G4

Old 05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone gonna side with me and say the G4S is still not ready to be upgraded?

it seems all the atention has been focused from the g4s to the G4+ and that really gets to me considerign I JUST bought this car
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Is there other site to see pics of G4+ as I cannot see car at 3hobby.com
Gansei posted them in this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162248
Old 05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

I see the extra hole. That would make the A arm in effect longer.
Is that extra hole just inside the stock hole? Or is it also higher too?

Good options to have either way. Adjustable wheelbase too

Menace.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
anyone gonna side with me and say the G4S is still not ready to be upgraded?

it seems all the atention has been focused from the g4s to the G4+ and that really gets to me considerign I JUST bought this car
I don't think there is any nead to worry rc. The mainstay of the stable is still the G4s.
There is excitement because of the new car. But the workhorse and the racer is the G4s.
I think the parts you see on the plus will be available to use on the 'S' as the user sees fit. (Either "bling" or for performance.)

The plus, I see as a car with lots of new hop-ups all on the one car.
Nice to see. Very cool to say the least. But it's an addition to the G4s, not a replacement.

I think it's hard to introduce alot of new parts, improvements to a car like this without making a whole new car. I think the plus is a way of introducing all these improvements and parts in one go, rather then a bit at a time.

My thoughts

It's still great to see TM listening still and willing to introduce these parts to yet again improve our cars.

Good news about my car after the horific crash I had last weekend.
Only a broken rear, lower A arm and a colapsed cluch bearing(?)
Not sure that was due to the crash though.........lol. Oooh, and a slightly damaged spur gear.
Not surprised though, I had her built like a tank. Nice to see none of the Alu' not bent though
4mm chassis also held up well. No tweak!

Now to get her ready for the Pro series race at St. Louis!

Menace
Old 05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
But it's an addition to the G4s, not a replacement.
After reading a lot of the previous posts in this thread, the G4+ better be a replacement. Why branch off another car that fares no better than the current G4S? That makes no sense to me. If a company is going to introduce that many changes, the car should be better on the track and on the pit table than it's predecessors. Simple as that. It's not as if the G4S doesn't have any issues.

With all the mods that you guys have been doing to your cars, would you feel confortable competing with an out-of-the-box G4S? That's definitely something to think about.

When the RRR Evo came out, I could not believe that they took several steps backwards in comparison to the RRR WCE. But Kyosho didn't upgrade the RRR WCE - they upgraded the standard RRR. IMO, it wasn't until they released the Evo WCE that they were back on par with what was expected of the RRR kit.

I think it's good that TM is releasing the G4+. I hope it addresses the many issues have been identified by the user community as possible. The G4S is still competitive and it's not like you have to toss it in the rubbish bin - but I don't think it will be as good on the track and on the pit table as the G4+ and it's successor.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
After reading a lot of the previous posts in this thread, the G4+ better be a replacement. Why branch off another car that fares no better than the current G4S? That makes no sense to me. If a company is going to introduce that many changes, the car should be better on the track and on the pit table than it's predecessors. Simple as that. It's not as if the G4S doesn't have any issues.

With all the mods that you guys have been doing to your cars, would you feel confortable competing with an out-of-the-box G4S? That's definitely something to think about.

When the RRR Evo came out, I could not believe that they took several steps backwards in comparison to the RRR WCE. But Kyosho didn't upgrade the RRR WCE - they upgraded the standard RRR. IMO, it wasn't until they released the Evo WCE that they were back on par with what was expected of the RRR kit.

I think it's good that TM is releasing the G4+. I hope it addresses the many issues have been identified by the user community as possible. The G4S is still competitive and it's not like you have to toss it in the rubbish bin - but I don't think it will be as good on the track and on the pit table as the G4+ and it's successor.

Just my 2 cents.
Good point!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default pot race

Hi guys! Well have a race tonight only 2 of us will drive g4s..most of them will race using 3R's if you have time, pls see this video, its an indoor track here I will post the results tommorow for you guys! Wish us luck! thanks!

INDOOR TRACK VIDEO
Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so I should sell my g4s?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by movingparts
Hi guys! Well have a race tonight only 2 of us will drive g4s..most of them will race using 3R's if you have time, pls see this video, its an indoor track here I will post the results tommorow for you guys! Wish us luck! thanks!

INDOOR TRACK VIDEO
Good luck!!! I love the track. Rain, snow, wind, or 20 below freezing and your inside racing...Awesome!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
so I should sell my g4s?
No dont see the need to do that.
The + wont be available for a while yet ,the car in the pics is Muppets race car.Looks like he has been trying it out.
From the pics you can see that the car has the G4S chassis ,so i assume he he got all the parts from TM/CML to rebuild his car as a prototype.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Just my 2 cents.
As I said,
I can't see how the car could be a replacement as it's the same car with a few changed or added parts is all.
As has been the case all along with the G4. If you want to upgrade areas of the car then there are now some more options which yes, do, I think, address alot if not all (time will tell) of the issues we have discussed.

Just because all these "new" parts are on one chassis does not make it a new car.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is more to come? Maybe there will be a "plus" chassis, maybe they will do what I have done and get rid of the 5th body post? Ooooh

If you have a look at recent results...............................
Paul Colman.................................. A main (Las Vegas) with a STOCK G4s.
Ben P................................................ B main winner (midwest series)....stock G4s
There are probably alot more I'm too ignorant to know of....

I would say the car is competative.
There will always be improvements. Not only to improve the car, but to keep up interest and for the business side of things too.

I would say thank god it's not a replacement. Because then rcrevolution would not be the only one getting a new car!

Menace
Old 05-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Another point...........before I leave this subject alone.

I ran last weekend with alot of hop-ups on my car. I also ran with,

K Factory side belt from the G4E (would you believe 4 years old !!)
K Factory wheel hexes from the G4E
K Factory shim set from the G4E

All these parts are over 4 years old.
Does that make my car old or outdated?.......No. I don't think so!

You could say I'm biased on the subject of TM. I have been driving a TM car since.................... I can't remember. When the Reflex came out! When ever that was.

Sorry to get on my high horse about this. And I really do not mean to offend anyone.

Menace
Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Good to get everyone's opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. As you said, time will resolve all questions and speculation. Now it's just a matter of how long we have to wait.

Cheers
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4+

i got the G4+ !!!

pu-hahahahahaha~
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0001.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0002.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.