Team Magic G4

Old 02-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Sow&Steady]Exactly. To be the BRCA Camp, you can't be a one trick pony. He's done that twice over with the old G4. I really think TM is missing out on opportunities here unless the Mogoose marketing/distributorship has some specific agreements re: US racing?
QUOTE]

Maybe someone here is listening, you never know. US racing agreement or not we all want to see our best TM drivers in any comp to really get a good guage where the car is at. Absolutly no disrespect the the guys at the winternats im sure they are doing some great work but im sure the car is better than the results show.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Dennis used to do a really good job with the Novarossi's so I'm sure he's done as good with the OS. Wondering what they are struggling with in the car. As I'm building the car I see only good things but haven't driven one ... still this car looks menacing,
I don't think it's a matter of "struggling with something in the car". It would have been a different story if it had been the Mongoose with certain parts upgraded and/or replaced. With the G4S being a "NEW", and I have to say new because almost everything in this car has been repositioned to accommodate the upgrades, improve balance( which probably affected handling = different set up), and make the car better. They didn't really have anyone to call for a quick set up either. Be patient, before you know it the team will be in tune with their cars and be on the podium.

I've seen the Richie OS run. It was pretty sick!!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Too Right............

Well said BoCal,

Lets not forget this car has only been in our hands a matter of a couple of weeks...................
This, I think is a prety good showing for its debut.
It will get better......... oh believe me.

Well done to Dennis and the team. Many more opportunities to come yet!

Tony
Old 02-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Over time it will be to nice see the G4S do well at sanction race.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Well most post in here are exactly right. Dennis and his team only had the car on the track at the Winternats!!!!! That sure makes it tough. I would be a lot easier to have the car a month before and drive it 8 hours a day a to dial it in but this just wasn't the case.

The car is a great car. As someone mentioned everything has been reaaranged and the balance completly different. This car now is a perfect 50/50 balance car f to r and L to r. This makes setups completely different as they found out.

But take a look at the competion! You could have been a 22 lap guy and just be in the B main... Wow! That's tough to take!

You will find out soon, I hope, a name driver for TM themselves. This will take this great company to the next level. Not only for the results he could produce, but the feedback for the company and all of us. This company is on the move (and there is no more mongoose in the name). G4S is the car to have!

So all I can say is great job Dennis and all of the other G4S drives!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

drivers
Old 02-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sfelish
Well most post in here are exactly right. Dennis and his team only had the car on the track at the Winternats!!!!! That sure makes it tough. I would be a lot easier to have the car a month before and drive it 8 hours a day a to dial it in but this just wasn't the case.

The car is a great car. As someone mentioned everything has been reaaranged and the balance completly different. This car now is a perfect 50/50 balance car f to r and L to r. This makes setups completely different as they found out.

But take a look at the competion! You could have been a 22 lap guy and just be in the B main... Wow! That's tough to take!

You will find out soon, I hope, a name driver for TM themselves. This will take this great company to the next level. Not only for the results he could produce, but the feedback for the company and all of us. This company is on the move (and there is no more mongoose in the name). G4S is the car to have!

Well said.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sfelish

Completely correct... and I don't think it will be long before the G4S takes it's first big race win.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Got mine on to the track today, had a few teething problems (guess coming from an understeering FW05 Shafty to a belt car with plenty of steering does that) but later in the day when British Champion Darren Johnson (Muppet Racing) turned up and started doing a few things to it the car was within half second of my regular lap times, and I have yet to do his recommended Damper and bearing treatment so there is plenty more to come from this car (yes I forgot to degrease the bearings).
Thanks Darren for your help, just shows that a 2x British Champion still thinks of us club racers (and I will change my driving style).
Old 02-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
... (yes I forgot to degrease the bearings).
Heard THAT excuse before!

... and I will change my driving style.
And heard that one before too!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BoCal
I don't think it's a matter of "struggling with something in the car". It would have been a different story if it had been the Mongoose with certain parts upgraded and/or replaced. With the G4S being a "NEW", and I have to say new because almost everything in this car has been repositioned to accommodate the upgrades, improve balance( which probably affected handling = different set up), and make the car better. They didn't really have anyone to call for a quick set up either. Be patient, before you know it the team will be in tune with their cars and be on the podium.
True .. and of they had brought Muppet Racing over, they'd not have to worry about who to call. Trust me ...
Old 02-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady

Tell you what though, so far I can't find anything really bad and therefore no reason NOT to buy the car.

when will the next building review available?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Winternat main list,
http://www.winternats.com/2006/main_setup.htm
Old 02-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
when will the next building review available?
Monday or Tuesday hopefully. Couldn't do any buildling yesterday but will strart again this afternoon.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all!

May i know what is the spilt (mm) for the front & rear tyres for the G4S which front side pulley is 27T(stock) and 26T?

And what is the difference between 27T and 26T(like more front wheel drive or rear wheel drive) on the big and small tracks?

Pl direct me!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.