Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
How much run time in the 2 weeks ?

Im having a wear problem but its like after every 3/4 liters.

maybe it the material used in a certain batch thats softer than other batches.
Well guys, I am pretty familiar with different alloy's of all metals. I use to be an Aviation technician. This pinion problem is un acceptable 100%. I plan on calling Sam at Raceday and starting there. Then am sure that I will get re-directed from there. I will not stand for this poor quality. K Jactory is dedicated to making the buyers happy as they mention it in every artical I have read by them. "They listen to what racers want". Well us racers want better quality merchandise for our hard earned money. And I want them to correct it now. With my line of work, I am pretty good at finding my way to talk to the head honcho in charge of such decisions. So I am going to attempt to address this today then the next, then the next...etc. The size of these gears have nothing to do with them wearing out at this expodential rate. So I am going to take action and see where it leads. I may or may not need your guys help on getting this resolved. I will keep you all posted how or if things progress. I am a VERY persistant person and will use all the resources I have available to me. Yes crap wears out, but I have NEVER seen such an accelerated rate as these pinions. This is just not satisfactory by any means, and I know most of you have my back. K Factory has no choice but listen and I plan on using their words to our benefit.

Sorry for the lengthy post all. You guys know me by now and this has got me fired up. . Okay guys, I am now off and running. Wish me luck bro's. Later!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

hey serpentD are you racing this weekend ?

If you are good luck look forward to your feed back.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

$10 says if Kfactory agrees to improve the pinions we will see a $40 price hike in the ED tranny
Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Well guys, I am pretty familiar with different alloy's of all metals. I use to be an Aviation technician. This pinion problem is un acceptable 100%. I plan on calling Sam at Raceday and starting there. Then am sure that I will get re-directed from there. I will not stand for this poor quality. K Jactory is dedicated to making the buyers happy as they mention it in every artical I have read by them. "They listen to what racers want". Well us racers want better quality merchandise for our hard earned money. And I want them to correct it now. With my line of work, I am pretty good at finding my way to talk to the head honcho in charge of such decisions. So I am going to attempt to address this today then the next, then the next...etc. The size of these gears have nothing to do with them wearing out at this expodential rate. So I am going to take action and see where it leads. I may or may not need your guys help on getting this resolved. I will keep you all posted how or if things progress. I am a VERY persistant person and will use all the resources I have available to me. Yes crap wears out, but I have NEVER seen such an accelerated rate as these pinions. This is just not satisfactory by any means, and I know most of you have my back. K Factory has no choice but listen and I plan on using their words to our benefit.

Sorry for the lengthy post all. You guys know me by now and this has got me fired up. . Okay guys, I am now off and running. Wish me luck bro's. Later!
Please give them a call. I just sent them a e-mail and will let you know if i get a response from them. If we all get together and make it known to them they will fix it.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well, johnhsp and i have already sent email complaint to TM taiwan few months ago. but it seems they are not taking any actions onto it. who knows maybe this ED is their new marketing strategy, expensive yet short life, coz they know we will definitely spent our hard earned money on their new products for sure.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:28 PM
afm
Tech Master

Contact person in the factory

Nick Ko

Marketing & Sales Manager
Team Magic Model

Mobile Phone: 886-918-368406
MSN Messanger: [email protected]

Tel: 886-4-23552606 ext. 301
1st Fax: 886-4-23552946
2nd Fax: 886-4-23809941 (When the 1st
Fax doesn't work, please use the 2nd one).
AFM
Old 03-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by afm
Contact person in the factory

Nick Ko

Marketing & Sales Manager
Team Magic Model

Mobile Phone: 886-918-368406
MSN Messanger: [email protected]

Tel: 886-4-23552606 ext. 301
1st Fax: 886-4-23552946
2nd Fax: 886-4-23809941 (When the 1st
Fax doesn't work, please use the 2nd one).
AFM
Thank you for the info bro. Saved me the time, that's for sure. I have already left one email today, and will continue everyday until something happens. I couldn't call due to the weekend and all. But will first thing on Monday. Thanks again everyone, and AFM for all this info bro. VERY HELPFULL!!! Thanks!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay Guys,

Its Update prac day ffor Kodak Hodak - K-factory HopUp Styles -

Well today as you all know that i had worked very hard over the past 2 weeks, for some would know the hours in the early morinigs to get it ready for today's debut with the new added parts:

New 4mm Chasis
New ED Trans
New Speed Shot Front
New Carbon Bumper Support

Well he is its, first tank out after a major rebiuld i was like eewww this cars old seetings are way way not good for handling:

lets just say it had no turn in on the left side but heaps on the right, plus the arse end was so out of shape it was drifting more than gripping!

So back in the pits, to scatch my head, and noticed that the front end section of the wheel base was out by 1mm via the front wheel hubs, so out with the vernier and double checked all four corners!!! Walla she looked ready to boot again, BUT

i still had really bad front grip with 40W foams and thought id lay down the front shocks and replace the springs on the front gfrom Aqua to Purple, while keeping the rear same with a PINK settings "LOL i like pink" anyways a few big changes, and back on the track!!!

O my GOD, what a differance my 3rd place seetings of my car was back, i could drive it all day like this, so basically now i was happy: But wait there is MORE "BLINK frankie Blink" yup check!!! -thats for patto & SerpantD LOL

Ok now for the intersing part, i found the ED TRANS DAMN AWesome, O my god, say hello and bye to Sirios down the back straight, and the power out of the corners, bloody hell its like i had a new turbo hangin off the car!!

i am really impressed with the change of transmission, you notice that you must bnow be gental on the throttle, but once your pointed, just punch it man and shee boots!!

keep in mind, i am running a 50T 1st gear with a 45t second gear and i thought it was gonna be slugsih down low, but the ED trans helps BIG time!!

basically its a new car, and i cant wait to see what laps times i get tomoorows race.

OK BAD news, eeek - i had a runaway on the long straight, into DEATH ROB'S Corner "Toy000'" will understand the dreaded corner!

What happened after so many hours during the wek, i could have paid for it today bigtime, but lucky the car lauched full speed, but hit a ripple and went in the air, to take some cushing of a semi soft fence, this basically acted as a net to save my car, POOR body it got its first damn scratch owell but its still looking good!

So the next hour i was in the pits stripping the car, to fix the battery wire that wore itself to the bone, and then broke in two!!! GANSEI master its a scarey feeling, and we all know that this is not what we enjoy!

See my radiao Spektrun DX3.0 only has power safe mode when the radio goes flat, but i really need a fail safe for the reciver battery!

Lucky the new 4mm chasic is might strong, and with the carbon bulkhead, and the modified gaps filled up, its saved my day!

So 1 hour gone, and back on the test track, and the car felt the same, thank god again, as it was reasurring that it didnt upset the darn thing, i swear the G4S with the right hopups, even standard are bloody strong!

So no more glitches, but more prac time, and getting grips on how i should race tomorrow, i practiced a start and its wicked, i think tomoorw i am gonna punch it hard of the lights and ht the 2 corners and try to get away it seems to do what i want it to do, but still struggle that litle bit of steer if off the race line:

Wish me luck, but in the meantime here is a video of my car once i got that great setup before she went off into the fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU3-s19h3zA

Sorry about the long post, but pretty damn happy to have spent the money

Now its a matter of being relaxed, finding those nice lines, and keeping my cool!!

Peace Out and Enjoy,
Frankie
P.S - Thanks to Adam - friend of mine that took the photos, he is a champ
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc_0065.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc_0069.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc_0077.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc_0087.jpg   Team Magic G4-dsc_0112.jpg  

Old 03-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Okay Guys,

Its Update prac day ffor Kodak Hodak - K-factory HopUp Styles -

Well today as you all know that i had worked very hard over the past 2 weeks, for some would know the hours in the early morinigs to get it ready for today's debut with the new added parts:

New 4mm Chasis
New ED Trans
New Speed Shot Front
New Carbon Bumper Support

Well he is its, first tank out after a major rebiuld i was like eewww this cars old seetings are way way not good for handling:

lets just say it had no turn in on the left side but heaps on the right, plus the arse end was so out of shape it was drifting more than gripping!

So back in the pits, to scatch my head, and noticed that the front end section of the wheel base was out by 1mm via the front wheel hubs, so out with the vernier and double checked all four corners!!! Walla she looked ready to boot again, BUT

i still had really bad front grip with 40W foams and thought id lay down the front shocks and replace the springs on the front gfrom Aqua to Purple, while keeping the rear same with a PINK settings "LOL i like pink" anyways a few big changes, and back on the track!!!

O my GOD, what a differance my 3rd place seetings of my car was back, i could drive it all day like this, so basically now i was happy: But wait there is MORE "BLINK frankie Blink" yup check!!! -thats for patto & SerpantD LOL

Ok now for the intersing part, i found the ED TRANS DAMN AWesome, O my god, say hello and bye to Sirios down the back straight, and the power out of the corners, bloody hell its like i had a new turbo hangin off the car!!

i am really impressed with the change of transmission, you notice that you must bnow be gental on the throttle, but once your pointed, just punch it man and shee boots!!

keep in mind, i am running a 50T 1st gear with a 45t second gear and i thought it was gonna be slugsih down low, but the ED trans helps BIG time!!

basically its a new car, and i cant wait to see what laps times i get tomoorows race.

OK BAD news, eeek - i had a runaway on the long straight, into DEATH ROB'S Corner "Toy000'" will understand the dreaded corner!

What happened after so many hours during the wek, i could have paid for it today bigtime, but lucky the car lauched full speed, but hit a ripple and went in the air, to take some cushing of a semi soft fence, this basically acted as a net to save my car, POOR body it got its first damn scratch owell but its still looking good!

So the next hour i was in the pits stripping the car, to fix the battery wire that wore itself to the bone, and then broke in two!!! GANSEI master its a scarey feeling, and we all know that this is not what we enjoy!

See my radiao Spektrun DX3.0 only has power safe mode when the radio goes flat, but i really need a fail safe for the reciver battery!

Lucky the new 4mm chasic is might strong, and with the carbon bulkhead, and the modified gaps filled up, its saved my day!

So 1 hour gone, and back on the test track, and the car felt the same, thank god again, as it was reasurring that it didnt upset the darn thing, i swear the G4S with the right hopups, even standard are bloody strong!

So no more glitches, but more prac time, and getting grips on how i should race tomorrow, i practiced a start and its wicked, i think tomoorw i am gonna punch it hard of the lights and ht the 2 corners and try to get away it seems to do what i want it to do, but still struggle that litle bit of steer if off the race line:

Wish me luck, but in the meantime here is a video of my car once i got that great setup before she went off into the fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU3-s19h3zA

Sorry about the long post, but pretty damn happy to have spent the money

Now its a matter of being relaxed, finding those nice lines, and keeping my cool!!

Peace Out and Enjoy,
Frankie
P.S - Thanks to Adam - friend of mine that took the photos, he is a champ
Good thing you mentioned about DX3.0 radio failsafe. I didn't realise the receiver not having failsafe so will be putting my old Venom failsafe back in car. Onya Frank
Old 03-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

no probs, man ill be hitting one up soon - cant afford to have another massive getaway! RULE No.1 cross check ya car at all times
Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 AM

guys do you have any ideas where to put venom failsafe.. I couldn't figure it out...

Asil
Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
guys do you have any ideas where to put venom failsafe.. I couldn't figure it out...

Asil

Sorry Asil, just checked pictures and here is one of GASCAR - local boy with G4S

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-failsafe.jpg  

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 03-10-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Sorry Asil, just checked pictures and here is one of GASCAR - local boy with G4S

cheers
guys i took that off
as that failsafe wont work with no power either
i dont think any failsafe will
just the rubber band trick that some of the boys use
Old 03-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

DUKES of HAZDARD styles..... lol great action pic
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc_0115.jpg  
Old 03-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

dave u coming 2morrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.