Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
just adjust the 2nd speed to come in a tad earlier it will be OK.
The screw is a normal 3mm metric.
Glad you like the ED ,when you get time to play with the clutch and 2nd gear you will definately notice how much different the cars is.
Thanks. I will adjust the 2nd gear and try again soon.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Motor and pipe arrived!

Oh almost forgot the O.S. black tee shirt. (gotta look right out there)
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Cant say much about teh OS engine but teh Skyline pipe is "da bomb"

After using it at the nats I am over the moon with its performance.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats up guys!

I have been off these forums for a few months (Northeast Winter spoils outdoor fun )

anyways I will am searching for a new tourer and its basically down between the Team Magic G4S and the Mugen MTX-4, I do live in the States and since trinity took back over on distribution I have been steering away from the G4S.

Towerhobbies has had the car for about 3 months now, but still has no listed parts. I know Raceday Hobbies has them and parts but I also want a back up to fall on.

a Hobbytown just opened up right near me and they carry Team magic tire truers and bags plus tools but no kits or parts ( go figure).

Parts is a huge concern for me because I dont want to spend all my time waiting on parts or worrying I wont get them in time for a race.

So whats changed about the G4S or team magic in the states? Any news on a new kit? ANyone know if new companies will start carrying it? Or whats the deal with trinity being the only place to order parts from (besides raceday) ?

I really rather go with the G4S but if I can find a relable parts supplier I might have to go witht he MTX-4 which doesnt have great support in my area but better support than the G4S.

Also anyone know why hobbytowns carry Team Magic accessories and tools, but no kits or parts? If I ask them can they carry the stuff? or will they just order the parts for me (which I can do myself)?

Thanks for your time and help, Spring and temperatures over 50 degrees are almost here and I want to be ready by april

oh and BTW Wayne1, you picked up the wrong set of stickers thats a 2-stroke not a 4-stroke OS engine :P
Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MrD
Thanks afm. I know a bunch of guys who race the G4S, nice car. Always finishes in the top 3 spots... Support is very good here.
NO more... you have the answer!!! GO for a G4S!!!! and have fun!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
OK guys. Well here is the body for the most part. Lets just consider this 100% experiment. Some good, some not. Had probs with airbrush when shading flames and stuff and coulnd't figure it out. I rebuilt the airbrush 3 times. I didn't want to change brushes because this was my 400 dollar Iwata! It better not be messing up! Well it ended up being that stupid quick release you can put on you airbrush and hose to change them out quick. It's sort of like the chuck that goes to an air compressor hose where you change your tools. Anyway this would give me full PSI down to about 3 psi in a split second then back up to somewhere inbetween. So neadless to say it was very inconsistant pressure which equals total devistation.

Then me trying to figure out this Flakolor by Parma was new to me also. I have always used Lacquer, like Pactra or Tamiya paint. Parma is VERY transluscent on all colors other then "satin" which is there silver. You need to back up every color with it before you move on to the next. Well I never even used that tip on this body. Plus this was my first for the Chrome. A bit tricky the first time you use it. This color was by Spaz Stix. Awesome stuff they make! Then I had to try and figure out how to reduce the Parma for fine detail as in the shading. You would naturally think to use water. Well I ended up with my own mix of 50% Windex and 50% Isopropal alcohol. Then I would mix this (1 part) to about 2 parts of paint. Weird yes, results...GREAT!! But didn't discover this mixture until I did the head lights. So basicaly the last step. This is why it took about 13+ hours to paint this stupid body.

I did a close up of the flames so you could see the "pearl" in them and also did a new trick for the front grill for a "screen" look. I'm not very happy with the results, but I did learn alot from doing it. I wanted to keep working with the Parma because they have some awesome colors, and their colors are more briliant and bright. I'll take a finall pic in the sun so you can get an idea of the true colors. We just don't know what sun means these days in Colorado. The pics I did were not very good because of lighting and crap. Sorry for the painting story from hell. But if you ever have a painting question, I can answer it I'm sure. Thanks for looking and not bashing it too much. Yes I agree that there is too much shading and busy work on this, but as I said earlier it was sort of experemental, just trying different stuff. I usually do much better work then this, but then again this was more of a quicky that took too long. Later guys.

D dude like my quote that i use always "KILLA" good to see another beast built and ready to fwrash!!!

Sunday just do what pattojnr told me "bring it home" oi and have Fun!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ALG
NO more... you have the answer!!! GO for a G4S!!!! and have fun!!!

it would be awesome if I could get a better anser cause that doesnt help me, I know for a fact I dont have that great parts support here in my area
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
it would be awesome if I could get a better anser cause that doesnt help me, I know for a fact I dont have that great parts support here in my area

How about Tower Hobbies carrying the parts as well? That is hard to beat!!

Check out their website, they'll soon have all the parts in.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
I think this is the CHULLO - a HAT to keep ears warm -FUNKY styles like Beasty Boys one of my Fav Hip Hop Crews!!!!

Enjoy ALG
Kodak Hodak i also want my name
Old 03-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Buddy,

You in the looking for a new RC Kit, well i can say i bought mine online, and yeah there is very little support here in Adelaide Australia!!!

Most online places like raceday hobbies "Sam is a great guy" plus a few places like rcmart.com & rc-mushroom support the product!!!

Its good to see that your in the market of the G4S or new car which ever it maybe!!

This forum thread is rather cool, well maybe too kool as everyone here supports everyone with little matters to large scales!!

I have a blog that showcases a full rebuild onthe G4S, your more than welcom to click onmy Rebuild BLOG in my signature below!!!

Also try some foirums like www.3hobby.net the guys onthere in the G4S thread are very very helpful with setups and pure chitty chat stuff on the kit.

Also dont forget to get in touch with Team Magic, the guys there are awesome, they can help you also in the direction to source parts and helping with any quetions in-regards to team Magic and any hopp-ups!!

I can vouch there is many areas right here, that will show you the direction your after!!

For any answers or questions, just post away man, we here to help, listen and most of all is to have FUN!!!

Keep us posted dude, and we welcome you in open arms!

Peace Out
Frankie
Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnhsp
Kodak Hodak i also want my name

please is always nice, lol JUST KIDDING ok ill make one now for you!!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

There ya go
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Guys,

I know i have made forum AVATRS for many, thou i think its fair if i maybe just ask for small donation for future avatrs to my paypal account, not sure if this is ok, but $1AUD is not a big cost!!

http://kodakhodak.blogspot.com/2007/...um-avatrs.html

I have added a small section via my blog for future custom work!!

Kind Regards
Frankie
Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Hey Buddy,

You in the looking for a new RC Kit, well i can say i bought mine online, and yeah there is very little support here in Adelaide Australia!!!

Most online places like raceday hobbies "Sam is a great guy" plus a few places like rcmart.com & rc-mushroom support the product!!!

Its good to see that your in the market of the G4S or new car which ever it maybe!!

This forum thread is rather cool, well maybe too kool as everyone here supports everyone with little matters to large scales!!

I have a blog that showcases a full rebuild onthe G4S, your more than welcom to click onmy Rebuild BLOG in my signature below!!!

Also try some foirums like www.3hobby.net the guys onthere in the G4S thread are very very helpful with setups and pure chitty chat stuff on the kit.

Also dont forget to get in touch with Team Magic, the guys there are awesome, they can help you also in the direction to source parts and helping with any quetions in-regards to team Magic and any hopp-ups!!

I can vouch there is many areas right here, that will show you the direction your after!!

For any answers or questions, just post away man, we here to help, listen and most of all is to have FUN!!!

Keep us posted dude, and we welcome you in open arms!

Peace Out
Frankie

thanks for being so friendly, but I also forgot to add I am not new.

I already own the RD Logics Mongoose and I just want to make the next step up in racing and go to the club/professional level.

I am just stuck between these two models, neither offers 100% perts support in my area but the mugen mtx-4 is slightly better in that aspect.

But since I already own a mongoose getting the g4s would allow me to already know the car and not learn a completely new layout
Old 03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for being so friendly, but I also forgot to add I am not new.

I already own the RD Logics Mongoose and I just want to make the next step up in racing and go to the club/professional level.

I am just stuck between these two models, neither offers 100% perts support in my area but the mugen mtx-4 is slightly better in that aspect.

But since I already own a mongoose getting the g4s would allow me to already know the car and not learn a completely new layout

Silly me, sorry champ!!!

Umm yeah parts support will always be tuff in local country's thou emailing Team Magic may work somethign for you buddy!!!

Since you have experience, and have a Mongoose, then your on the right track!!1

One thing i have done since my kit is got a whole buucn of performance parts via Online stores and this keeps me happy

yeah at times id wish for more support via local hobby stores, thou we are pushing it as we speak and some things are going well so far!!!

the other day went to my LHS and found a nice big box full of excitting parts and i couldnt help myself but grab a few essensials that id required!!

Each fortnight i do order parts to keep up with stock etc!! it just gives me peace and mind that if somethign goes wrong i have a back plan B!!!

I hope you work out the plan your after, the G4S is good car, and they are getting right up in 1st to 3rd positions on an avcerage with a good driver!!

Car can do so much, but driver must drive the car to get the winning position!!

Hope it helps, i am aim for big things with the G4, so far i have been very very impressed with durabilty, handling and the complete package!!

next week, ill show some crazh new parts, that are listed in my signature!! Hopefully the new added parts will give me more of a better balance at out Local RC Track!!!

Regards
Frankie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.