Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Itchy no problem posting pics of the Mugen bud ,lets us know what the competition looks like
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Itchy no problem posting pics of the Mugen bud ,lets us know what the competition looks like
may be we should post a familiar sight for the mugens !
the ass end of a G4S !
maybe why Razzor didnt know what they looked like.
sorry itchy
Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK guys. Well here is the body for the most part. Lets just consider this 100% experiment. Some good, some not. Had probs with airbrush when shading flames and stuff and coulnd't figure it out. I rebuilt the airbrush 3 times. I didn't want to change brushes because this was my 400 dollar Iwata! It better not be messing up! Well it ended up being that stupid quick release you can put on you airbrush and hose to change them out quick. It's sort of like the chuck that goes to an air compressor hose where you change your tools. Anyway this would give me full PSI down to about 3 psi in a split second then back up to somewhere inbetween. So neadless to say it was very inconsistant pressure which equals total devistation.

Then me trying to figure out this Flakolor by Parma was new to me also. I have always used Lacquer, like Pactra or Tamiya paint. Parma is VERY transluscent on all colors other then "satin" which is there silver. You need to back up every color with it before you move on to the next. Well I never even used that tip on this body. Plus this was my first for the Chrome. A bit tricky the first time you use it. This color was by Spaz Stix. Awesome stuff they make! Then I had to try and figure out how to reduce the Parma for fine detail as in the shading. You would naturally think to use water. Well I ended up with my own mix of 50% Windex and 50% Isopropal alcohol. Then I would mix this (1 part) to about 2 parts of paint. Weird yes, results...GREAT!! But didn't discover this mixture until I did the head lights. So basicaly the last step. This is why it took about 13+ hours to paint this stupid body.

I did a close up of the flames so you could see the "pearl" in them and also did a new trick for the front grill for a "screen" look. I'm not very happy with the results, but I did learn alot from doing it. I wanted to keep working with the Parma because they have some awesome colors, and their colors are more briliant and bright. I'll take a finall pic in the sun so you can get an idea of the true colors. We just don't know what sun means these days in Colorado. The pics I did were not very good because of lighting and crap. Sorry for the painting story from hell. But if you ever have a painting question, I can answer it I'm sure. Thanks for looking and not bashing it too much. Yes I agree that there is too much shading and busy work on this, but as I said earlier it was sort of experemental, just trying different stuff. I usually do much better work then this, but then again this was more of a quicky that took too long. Later guys.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-002.jpg   Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-018.jpg   Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-004.jpg   Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-done-009.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Bud it might be busy but as we say in South africa it looks "Lekker"
I like

But have to wonder if im up to a 13 hour paint job
Old 03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Team Magic?

Razzor,

Thanks for the support.

There will be over 40 Thousand New people viewing R/C racing for the 1st time. These are potential customers and racers for the future of R/C.
These people are the "Mainstream Population".

Everyone talks about growing the Sport of R/C racing.

The Largest Racing Empire on Earth (The ISC) is watching the R/C industry.

If Team Magic doesn't promote the G4S, the rest of the world will not know it exists. People buy what they see. "

What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday"

The RC Pro Homestead Miami International Fuel Challenge is a lot more than just another race.

Registrations close on March 10th.

Visit our website for details.

All the best.

www.rcprosites.com
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Jspeed know were you coming from
TM has there eyes on this thread and I have mailed them so got my fingers crossed that they hook up with you guys.
Its a opportunity not to be missed ,the stuff of our dreams
Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
MrD
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Hey, guys. Long time no post I have a R40 and raced it till it cried in amateur and pro level races, he he he… Now I am looking for a new car. I am looking at the top contenders. I am obviously taking into consideration LHSs and local support etc…The V one RRRRRRRRRR, he he, looks great but support is almost none existent. The new R40 (Hara Edition) looks good and support is okay, but I want something NEWer… MTX-4 looks good too but support is poor yet again. Serpent 720 and G4S have best support here. So, what you guys think??? I use 3PK radio fully digital all around.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrD
Hey, guys. Long time no post I have a R40 and raced it till it cried in amateur and pro level races, he he he… Now I am looking for a new car. I am looking at the top contenders. I am obviously taking into consideration LHSs and local support etc…The V one RRRRRRRRRR, he he, looks great but support is almost none existent. The new R40 (Hara Edition) looks good and support is okay, but I want something NEWer… MTX-4 looks good too but support is poor yet again. Serpent 720 and G4S have best support here. So, what you guys think??? I use 3PK radio fully digital all around.
If support in your area is good for the G4S, then go for it. It is the best relationship between costs and performance out of the top brands. It comes fully loaded with optionals which you would pay extra on other brands (go to first page of this thread and look, then compare). Plus you will come frequently here to share experiences and get help from the best crews all over the world..jejejejeje

AFM
Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
MrD
Tech Initiate

Thanks afm. I know a bunch of guys who race the G4S, nice car. Always finishes in the top 3 spots... Support is very good here.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by MrD
Go with the kit with the best surpport G4S_720 are both good cars just a matter of the right setup.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
MrD
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I just want a car with least amount of problems etc...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

MrD between these threads i am sure you will be guided in the right direction
Hope to hear your decision and say welcome to our family

The G4S is a very capable car and has exceptional durability.
And has definately been a threat to the top 3 and I can say that there now is a top 4 with confidence.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hey guys.
Finally got to drive the car with the ed trans today during lunch. WOW..accelaration is sick Top end might have improved just a bit. What i did notice is that my second gear is coming in way to late.

Is that normal because of the gearing change?

I did lose the screw that hold on the pront pulley that pulls the side belt.
Do you know the size?

Oh and by the way no glitching

thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

just adjust the 2nd speed to come in a tad earlier it will be OK.
The screw is a normal 3mm metric.
Glad you like the ED ,when you get time to play with the clutch and 2nd gear you will definately notice how much different the cars is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.