Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The servo mount for the steering was moved back and the manual has comprehensive detail of which arm to use and how and what type of spacers to use for the servo's so they fit perfect. I have 2 mm clerance now using KO servos.The manual has detail for the following servos Futaba 9550.9541 Sanwa wrx.vx.vxb KO 2174 but all KO servos will fit. The servo arms were redesigned to.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, what have I done wrong with my car.

I was working on it and trying to get the rear wheels to lift off at the same
time. I made heaps of adjustment and couldnt get it to work. The left side would always lift off first. Measured the shocks; identical lengths.
I took it a step further and did some measurements.

Take a look at the photo:

Red arrows show measuring points and both measuring points are the same heights left to right. I even measured from the top of the tyre to the ground and thats also the same left and right.

However when I place a ruller across the rear uprights the height of the body mounts are different. Its eveident when you follow the line on the ruler and the top of the carbon shock mount. This also happens when I go to put the shocks on. The right hand side just slides onto the screw. The left hand side... I have to lift the shock to get it to meet the screw.

I'm confused.

Andrew
Old 01-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

I see for some reason your shock tower is uneven, I looked at mine and I do not have that issue but even at that your shocks should not be affecting the liftoff point the downstops will. make sure your setting the downstops with the rear bar with one of the screws out. so the bar does not effect your downstop adjustment. when your all done set the tweek of the car, again with the front and rear bars disconnected. Then with the car sitting on the table set the sway bars so the adjusters have no right to left tension on them.

set the rear downstop at 4 MM
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Lycan
Ok, what have I done wrong with my car.

I was working on it and trying to get the rear wheels to lift off at the same
time. I made heaps of adjustment and couldnt get it to work. The left side would always lift off first. Measured the shocks; identical lengths.
I took it a step further and did some measurements.
I assume you already have same L&R downstop measurement. First you can try to disconnect the roll bar see if the problem solved. Later you can try to adjust the roll-bar by moving them slightly to left/right until you get a perfect balance.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Just by looking at the picture it appears that you have not adjusted the rear downstops. At 4 the arms would be significantly higher than that.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Rear bar (anit-roll) is disconnected... left hand side is sticking out the side
of the holder.

I've adjusted the downstops so that the rear wheels are sitting at the same
height on both sides. So this in theory means the downstops are set even.
Setting downstops to 4mm / 5mm / 1mm makes not difference. When I put I ruler across the hub carriers the shock tower is leaning.

I have to have different shock sizes and different spring tension nut lengths to get the balance correct and thats going to make tuning a b*$&$!

I'm going to put the one from my old G4 on and see if the problem changes.

Andrew
Old 01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

Just looking at the picture I can see your rear arms are uneven. Are you using blocks and a measurement gauge when you set the downstops? only .010 to .020 thousanths off at the hubs will make a big difference. I do see your shocktower is tilted but the shocks and tower should make no difference if the car is adjusted for droop properly with a set blocks. If your using that balancing pin and a ruler to try and set the droop even right to left it will be off. you need blocks. (it looks like the tower is not seated into the rear bulkhead) But regardless the shocks and tower should not be causing the problem you are having.

Set the car up in this order
set width
install tires fresh cut to 61 mm and set front ride height 4.5 front and 5.0 rear
remove tires
place car on block set
disconnect front and rear sway bar
set front droop 0 (measured at the knuckle under the ball pivot)
set rear droop 4
set front camber 1.5
set rear camber 3
set front toe 1 mm out per side
set rear toe 2 mm in per side
re install tires
reset ride height examine springs and try to balance them on the shocks and verify 4.5 and 5 mm ride height again
now lift car from front and tweek rear springs so tires lift off even.
lift car from rear and tweek front springs so tires lift off even.
re engage sway bars and work the adjusters until they float free and there is no right or left preload on them while the car is sitting. carefully tighten them up as so to not preload them when tou tighten them
re check car to see if it is tweeked. If it became tweeked after you installed the bars you need to adjust them again.

If you have to lift the arm to install the shock then the droop screws are not adjusted right. The shocks should not function as the droop stops. If they are then the droop screws are down around 1.The more I look at your picture it looks like the shock tower mount is not totally seated against the bulkhead. Make sure it settled into the notch in the bulkhead properly. Make sure the bearing adjuster screw is not holding it up (the one that goes in the shocktower bracket to tension the rear diff bearing)

Last edited by Motorman2; 01-30-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers Motorman... came to the conclusion that my ability to setup cars correctly with my current set of tools is not possible. Went and got the proper stuff and found I had tweak all over the place!! I knew it was going to be something simple (with the right tools).

Cheers
Andrew
Old 01-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Big thumbs up my man. did you find an issue with the rear shock tower not seated properly? hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it's not seated making your shock tower crooked.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmm

ok DENNIS how does it look promising
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Shock tower was OK... too embarassed to comment on what it was

I've 3x checked all of the measurements now and the wheels are lifting at the
same time front and rear!

Andrew
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Lycan Hey thats what were here for.

Willie: Perfect
Old 01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

got ours too bad i wont build one for now... customers first
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dsc00066.jpg  
Old 01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
got ours too bad i wont build one for now... customers first
WOW plenty of G4Sssss......
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
afm
Tech Master

We got ours too, GPP Model Racing (Peru), but as you say...customers first.....

Hats off to Team Magic....presentation and looks 10 points...now lets hit the track and see what it is capable of.

AFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.