Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afm
Dumb Question....do you use on-off switch or direct connection on-off system (comes with G4S)....because I had a similar problem with a customer's G4.....we changed every electrical part on the car, and the glitch persisted....until we finally decided to change the on-off switch for a new one and.....Bingo, no more glitches...afterwards we decided to replace the switch for a direct connection system and never had any problems again.

AFM
No i am using a directed connection. I forgot to mention i have also replaced the harness from the power in to the receiver.

What i a noticing now is that i was using 2 servos that didnt have the wires twisted. The throttle would pin itself and the steering would also pin itself. I changed both of them. The steering one is a hitech which come from the factory twisted and the other one is a jr that the wires are NOT twisted. Well since i changed them both only the throttle one glitches. Could the twisting of the wire be helping?

How about you guys? Are all your wires twisted? I know with electric they recommend you twist everything because of rf noise the motors make..maybe it something this simple thats driving me insane.

Last edited by nitrobeast; 02-21-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:39 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asil
Hey Frank, for 12TZ 3P, look for a future project of converting it into TZ speed tuned.. I'll do it for mine .. You'll buy a liner for OS TZ 5P and modify it for 3P, a 5P crank and here is a speed tuned OS!! The missing thing is the silicone filling in crankshaft.. I will post pictures when I make it..
Asil

I've been racing with such conversion for over a year. Actually I started directly with a 5P TZ and modded the sleeve like the Speed's, worked over the crank's scoop and added the silicone ramp, also modded the base of the boost port channel on the crankcase (like the Speed's)...overall perfomance is good...you loose some low end (which the OS has tons of), but gain a lot of top end.

AFM
Old 02-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
No i am using a directed connection. I forgot to mention i have also replaced the harness from the power in to the receiver.

What i a noticing now is that i was using 2 servos that didnt have the wires twisted. The throttle would pin itself and the steering would also pin itself. I changed both of them. The steering one is a hitech which come from the factory twisted and the other one is a jr that the wires are NOT twisted. Well since i changed them both only the throttle one glitches. Could the twisting of the wire be helping?

How about you guys? Are all your wires twisted? I know with electric they recommend you twist everything because of rf noise the motors make..maybe it something this simple thats driving me insane.

hey NITRObeast, my wires are straight, thou i have shoved shrink wrapp to hold them in place!
A. you could try basic $20 servos - this should solved something
B. what voltage does your battery have at full charge?
C. reset your radio to factory settiings - do you have other modes on there to add more how can i say cars, as the Spektrum has 4 modes for 4 differant setups "CAPISH"
D. Radio Batteries are they Healthy?
E. man dunno, start from basics and do some of the tricks we have all done, check Daz's rebuild my blog and see if anything like that works!!

Now, all i can say if you have evil gremlins, i gonna get my VOODOO G4S car doll and take the pins out for you, LOL - just kidding!!

Man i hope we can help- lets help this bro out and get him smilling, instead of bashing his head over and over

Peace Out
Old 02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
hey NITRObeast, my wires are straight, thou i have shoved shrink wrapp to hold them in place!
A. you could try basic $20 servos - this should solved something
B. what voltage does your battery have at full charge?
C. reset your radio to factory settiings - do you have other modes on there to add more how can i say cars, as the Spektrum has 4 modes for 4 differant setups "CAPISH"
D. Radio Batteries are they Healthy?
E. man dunno, start from basics and do some of the tricks we have all done, check Daz's rebuild my blog and see if anything like that works!!

Now, all i can say if you have evil gremlins, i gonna get my VOODOO G4S car doll and take the pins out for you, LOL - just kidding!!

Man i hope we can help- lets help this bro out and get him smilling, instead of bashing his head over and over

Peace Out
Thanks
A. I have tried 4 servos and it still happens
B. I get a little over 7 volts on my pack. I have also tried different packs that i know work fine because i use them on my other cars and run for hours with no problem.
C. I reset my radio yesterday but that didnt help. I use the same radio u do but the dx3. I also use this radio for 2 other cars and dont have a problem.
D. Radio batts are fine.
E. I have tried everything everyone said to do, nothing.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks
B. I get a little over 7 volts on my pack. I have also tried different packs that i know work fine because i use them on my other cars and run for hours with no problem.
C. I reset my radio yesterday but that didnt help. I use the same radio u do but the dx3. I also use this radio for 2 other cars and dont have a problem.
D. Radio batts are fine.

Thanks for the help

Ok, now i think along the way of Reciver? have you got another one to try out?

Also RE-BIND that bro,

better yet try another radio with reciver + battery if you got a chepo radio and reciver test it to see if this is fault!!!

Possibly your radio might be SHot or Reciver

you can only cross out the goods and bads until you find the AAAhhhh solution

goodluck my friend, if you where next door id help out tonight, LOL

I am sure we can work it out, its not rocket science
Old 02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
D. Radio batts are fine.

Thanks for the help
I would pull a receiver out of another one of your "good" cars and give that a try. Sounds like receiver issue with all the troubleshooting you have been doing bro. And if you still get glitches, try yet even another receiver.

Does the glitch happen when your car has engine on and off? Cause vibration can do funcky stuff.

If it glitches with engine off, I would keep trying all the receivers you have for your next trouble shooting. Everything is pointing to receiver IMO. Keep us posted bro.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

i use one of these aswell:

Spektrum's new Voltage Protector prevents a DSM receiver's voltage from dropping below the proper operating level in lower voltage applications such as 4-cell 1/12 carpet racers. Installation is as simple as plugging it into an open channel slot on the receiver unit.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/SurfaceProducts.aspx

check it out, there is two of us that run them in our spare reciver channel! seem to even out the voltage in the reciver!!

I hope this helps too - you can only try, plus goto a Electrical Shop and ask for one of these suckers doesnt have to be Spektrum type, but something to stable the voltage!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Nitrobeast, my DX3.0 was twitching on throttle servo and I reckon it was battery voltage so recharged and gone. Definately go for the 6v battery pack for receiver. Down at the track was told even transmitter gets below 10.4V or something and it starts playing up. My car still has on/off switch and steering servo hitec with twisted wires from factory. If all else fails, send it back under warranty for them to check. I sold my XS3 radio and receiver due to glitching and I now reckon it was only receiver voltage/using the stock battery cradle and 4 x 1.2V batterys.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I would pull a receiver out of another one of your "good" cars and give that a try. Sounds like receiver issue with all the troubleshooting you have been doing bro. And if you still get glitches, try yet even another receiver.

Does the glitch happen when your car has engine on and off? Cause vibration can do funcky stuff.

If it glitches with engine off, I would keep trying all the receivers you have for your next trouble shooting. Everything is pointing to receiver IMO. Keep us posted bro.
I have actually tried 4 different receivers. that i knew are "good" from my other cars and one new pro version that i bought with hopes that would fix it. Nothing, its not the receivers or radio. I use the same radio for 3 cars and dont have a problem with my other cars.

It happens with the car off or on, doesnt matter.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

I have actually tried 4 different receivers. that i knew are "good" from my other cars and one new pro version that i bought with hopes that would fix it. Nothing, its not the receivers or radio. I use the same radio for 3 cars and dont have a problem with my other cars.

It happens with the car off or on, doesnt matter.

sorry man but SATAN is in your car LOL - best advice go to your LHS and see if they can sus this out,i am stumped now!!!

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 02-21-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think you meant SATAN! Satin is nice and fuzzy!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

I did have problem with glitch and lost of signal back when I was still playing G4S, I tried both Pro and none Pro Spektrum Rx with hand-build full charged battery as well as stock battery from G4S. glad G4S is a tank else I will have to spend awful lot of money to repair it.

My friend's Mongoose has no problem at all and my current Mcar has no problem either. now I am suspecting it is the position of the Rx is the root of problem.

I never have FM radio in it so I have no idea is it just spektrum or radio overall
Old 02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys hows it going
I just wanted to stop in and let you know that Phenix is open to the public now. We are clearing our inventory at drastically reduced pricing. feel free to stop in and take a look. If you don't see it call us or drop us an email.

Many of you have called recently and asked racing advice. If we can help you we will, feel free to call us.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

i use one of these aswell:

Spektrum's new Voltage Protector prevents a DSM receiver's voltage from dropping below the proper operating level in lower voltage applications such as 4-cell 1/12 carpet racers. Installation is as simple as plugging it into an open channel slot on the receiver unit.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/SurfaceProducts.aspx

check it out, there is two of us that run them in our spare reciver channel! seem to even out the voltage in the reciver!!

I hope this helps too - you can only try, plus goto a Electrical Shop and ask for one of these suckers doesnt have to be Spektrum type, but something to stable the voltage!!!
wat channel do u put that in cos if u run a personal transponder as i do then would u need to run a Y splitter or sumfin and would it work affectivly
Old 02-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

sorry man but SATAN is in your car LOL - best advice go to your LHS and see if they can sus this out,i am stumped now!!!
lol, yeah he must. Just twisted the servo wire and binded the receiver to another remote that i recently bought. I'll let you know how it goes. Hate to jinx myself but so far no glitches...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.