Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toy000
Thanks for the use of the parts (dog bone and body post) if it wasnt for your motor giving up i couldnt keep mine on the track at least together we got the TM some points on the board, dont stress there on there way. Like i said you can drive mine if they dont arrive in time its got the ceramic max SL3 in there so you should be more than competitive

PS I toldya to chuck that crapy filter away didnt I
you should have YELLED at me, i was either deaf or not listening doesnt matter bud, its ok, next time round i would have been a few steps forward!!!

We still have 10 days, anything can happen i am still waiting on Ebay to hurry the ^%&* up on my mugen chamber its been well over 15 days, and i see no no chamber maybe this week
Old 02-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do the front cups as well it cant hurt in my opinion you would want to change the grease regularly or your going to turn it into grinding paste
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
while i wait for my new bits to arrive, i have re-done my diff oil as it was well do to oil change

i tell ya it was dirty inside, like a dark greayish colour

also i have taken on-board the tip Serpantd & Zoom mentioned, now the pics below i need some confirmation!!!

Also do ya put the grease in after the heat shrink has been applied?

Also should i do this to the fronts aswell?

Cheers
Frankie
Dude, it's usually easier to apply the grease first. You don't need to apply any over abundance, you know like a grease zerk when it spews out all over. And if your heat shtink slides forward sort of easy, then you need a smaller size of shrink tubing. Usually the best stuff is at a good eletronics store, it's the softer type that shrinks twice as much as that harder "plastic" type of shrink tubing. I actually had to cut off the one I showed you guys in the pic that I posted. You know that white piece. I couldn't budge that puppy at all. So better to play it safe and find the right size or type of shrink tubing. You might need to try a few different types till you find the right stuff, tons of different ones out there. But try and look for the softer versions like I mentioned. I hope this makes sense bro! It's about 3:40 AM and me brain is getting mushy.

Dude, better yet, come on over and bring you car. (Both of them) and I will get you car set up like you have never seen. You need to invest in some "Serpent" cleaning gum to keep that car spotless at all times. I'll give you some if you can make it over. Just use Mapquest.

Frankie, I am trying to find an article written by Josh Cyrul for the final breakin of your soon to be pride and joy. Afterall Josh is TQ at the Winter Nats currently. So it's a easy and VERY proven method of breakin. I just need to do a little searching, but I'll find it. Unless someone else here knows what I am talking about. It would be easier to send you the link then me describe it myself. So are you comming over or what. Pick up Pattojrn on the way dude! SWEET!!!!! Heres a picture of that cleaning gum that you will learn to fall in love with! Later my friend form way the heck down under!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-cleaning-gum.jpg  
Old 02-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Cool

Well.. ive got 1 week to get the attached ready to race should be great fun.

Last edited by black-knight; 10-14-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by black-knight
Dude, very sweet ride! Where do you race to be using rubber verses foam tires? Just curious. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress and racing. Good luck black-knoght!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, very sweet ride! Where do you race to be using rubber verses foam tires? Just curious. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress and racing. Good luck black-knoght!
The rubbers are just for storage and electric touring cars
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Dude, it's usually easier to apply the grease first. You don't need to apply any over abundance, you know like a grease zerk when it spews out all over. And if your heat shtink slides forward sort of easy, then you need a smaller size of shrink tubing. Usually the best stuff is at a good eletronics store, it's the softer type that shrinks twice as much as that harder "plastic" type of shrink tubing. I actually had to cut off the one I showed you guys in the pic that I posted. You know that white piece. I couldn't budge that puppy at all. So better to play it safe and find the right size or type of shrink tubing. You might need to try a few different types till you find the right stuff, tons of different ones out there. But try and look for the softer versions like I mentioned. I hope this makes sense bro! It's about 3:40 AM and me brain is getting mushy.

Dude, better yet, come on over and bring you car. (Both of them) and I will get you car set up like you have never seen. You need to invest in some "Serpent" cleaning gum to keep that car spotless at all times. I'll give you some if you can make it over. Just use Mapquest.

Frankie, I am trying to find an article written by Josh Cyrul for the final breakin of your soon to be pride and joy. Afterall Josh is TQ at the Winter Nats currently. So it's a easy and VERY proven method of breakin. I just need to do a little searching, but I'll find it. Unless someone else here knows what I am talking about. It would be easier to send you the link then me describe it myself. So are you comming over or what. Pick up Pattojrn on the way dude! SWEET!!!!! Heres a picture of that cleaning gum that you will learn to fall in love with! Later my friend form way the heck down under!!!!

Yo bro, 3 in da morning time for some shud eye yo!!! man i been meaning to chat to ya online, but ya never on!! ya must be busy busy....

Hey what ya think of paris racing Tuning Guides? i hear good things here is a good PDF link for anyone to view!!

http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf

As for me Cups, just dd a test tonight just to see the outcome, i shall get a bit smaller size heatshrink, only had the big blue stuff which i think is a bit too big for this JOB!!!

As for the crazy putty, mmmh that i gotta see if my LHS has it!! i got a few things to get to maintain motor but in the mean-time just cross checking everything, stripping it down and cleaning!!!

So that she is all new again....!

Speak soon champ!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

The rubbers are just for storage and electric touring cars
Gotcha! Well bro, keep up the good work my friend.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks sweet im interested to know what you think of the orion motor, i was looking into one a while a go but decided against it because it was fairly new. i know they have had some good write ups but i havent heards any un biased opinions about it
Old 02-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Yo bro, 3 in da morning time for some shud eye yo!!! man i been meaning to chat to ya online, but ya never on!! ya must be busy busy....

Hey what ya think of paris racing Tuning Guides? i hear good things here is a good PDF link for anyone to view!!

http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips...ngTechTips.pdf

As for me Cups, just dd a test tonight just to see the outcome, i shall get a bit smaller size heatshrink, only had the big blue stuff which i think is a bit too big for this JOB!!!

As for the crazy putty, mmmh that i gotta see if my LHS has it!! i got a few things to get to maintain motor but in the mean-time just cross checking everything, stripping it down and cleaning!!!

So that she is all new again....!

Speak soon champ!
Yeah bro, I'm ready to call it a night. As far as Paris racing, Ron Paris was more less the GOD of engine tuning and everything else to do with nitro on road engines.

The Last race I attended in Las Vegas back in Oct. was the 5th Paris memorial race in memory of Ron Paris. He was a true icon to this sport. I got to meet him about 7 years ago before he past away. So following everything on that link is PERFECT!!!! I'm so glad you found it and are doing your research. With a proper breakin, you'll have a faster, more dependable motor that lasts for litterally years. I've heard that using over 10 Gallons of fuel is not uncommon at all. I've even heard stories of up to 13 gallons. Is that like 11 or 12 liters? Sorry, they only teach the metric system here in the states for about an hour in 4th grade.

The one thing you will NEED to do to even get that engine to turn over is heat up the head with a hair dryer. The pinch on that motor is unreal. Your piston will get stuck at TDC quite often. Just be persistant. I have heard that the piston can get stuck after 2 gallons through that beast. The only thing I would suggest is to change the con rod every 1-1.5 gallons to get that many miles out of your engine.

I'll check my MSN messanger and see whats up with it. I've been on this pc all night. I just can't type nearly as fast as you bro. But hopefully we can catch up tomorrow my friend. I have tons of tips that I will be giving you. Sweet bro. Take care my friend. LATE!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

WAT MOTOR IS IT??? for some reason u all seem to be talking in code
Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RB Websight

Frankie and everyone else, here are the engines I run. It seems as though not too many of you are familliar with RB, the engines range from mild to totally balistic. I've been racing with RB for over 10 years and never had an engine failure, Very fast, consistant and reliable engines! Take a look at the site, it's got some great information regarless of what engine you run. Enjoy!
http://www.rbproducts.com/
Old 02-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
WAT MOTOR IS IT??? for some reason u all seem to be talking in code
Sorry dude, the engine I have been refering to is the OS TZ 3 port legal race motor.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Frankie and everyone else, here are the engines I run. It seems as though not too many of you are familliar with RB, the engines range from mild to totally balistic. I've been racing with RB for over 10 years and never had an engine failure, Very fast, consistant and reliable engines! Take a look at the site, it's got some great information regarless of what engine you run. Enjoy!
http://www.rbproducts.com/

Awesome, cant wait to try one of these puppies out.......

as for the previouse post, ill try to type slower

night buddy, peace out man!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

sweet good to hear

also as ur sayin bout rb engines they are awesome from wat ive heard. i was gona get 1 it was gona be a RB RODAGE SPEEDLINE MATRIX.12 but i went with a max power lc3 instead no regrets though max power is awesome but i will look into it wen i save up some money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.