Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2 speed cam K14100

Another great thing about this part is there's no extra weight involved.
For those concerned about weight and rotating mass

Menace
Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey Razzor,

I'm thinking you can count me in on that international race you mentioned.I'm going to try and plan on comming
If there any others interested for this year, let me know.
Razzor, if I miss the dates when they are out, could you let me know when it will be?
They have put me on third shift now (nights) so I'm not as awake as normal. Kinder miss thing's. I'm hoping it's the night shift and not the age anyhow!!??

Menace
Dont worry bud ,ill definately be posting the dates as soon as its confirmed.
From what I know and have been told Marty Korn couldnt make it last year but will be here for this years event ,hoping he brings a few more guys with him.
The African Cup is held over 2 weekends ,with 1 discipline per weekend ie onroad ,offroad.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gtrmx

That is a Google Earth snapshot of our track and the green line shows the last layout we used.

I wish I had better images but that will show what I mean...

Infield is at least 5m wide, the furthest turns at the sides of the track are 7.5m wide as is the main straight.

Driver's stand is at the bottom of the pic. Footprint of the whole asphalt slab is 80mts by 40mts!!
Our track is great to run on but the layout hasnt changed in 3 years so is starting to get boring ,love the idea of a track setup like yours .We could change something every now and then.

Looks interesting for sure
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

The African Cup is held over 2 weekends ,with 1 discipline per weekend ie onroad ,offroad.
Razzor,

The dates for the african cup is available on the TRAP website.
The offroad event is 11-14 Oct
The onroad event is 8-11 Nov
Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Proe ,they must have just updated the site.

Well there you go guys start making hliday plans
Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 AM

Hey Frank, your avatars are on Team Magic site..
Old 02-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Has anyone had the chance to run or test the new front roll center adjustments yet? if so some feedback would be good. i used the higher outer setting last sunday on a dusty track. found to lack some steering, but made a few minor adjustments to get it back. i did have a few spills during qualifying and a big one in the final, buckled the rim big time but not the alloy brace, thank god i filled it in cheers, and look forward to see some others who have tried it out, thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Has anyone had the chance to run or test the new front roll center adjustments yet? if so some feedback would be good. i used the higher outer setting last sunday on a dusty track. found to lack some steering, but made a few minor adjustments to get it back. i did have a few spills during qualifying and a big one in the final, buckled the rim big time but not the alloy brace, thank god i filled it in cheers, and look forward to see some others who have tried it out, thanks.
Along the same lines, what about the new rear uprights? I just installed these using stock axles. According to TM they allow the car to be ran w/less camber.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Royfan33 I definately noticed that ,the back end seemed more planted and didnt want radical camber .Im running 2.5 deg at the moment.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
afm
Tech Master

Front Roll Center adjustments mostly affects on-throttle steering during mid-corner and corner exit.

Lower (top position of upper pivot pins)
• Increases on-throttle steering
• Decreases car’s responsiveness
• Decreases weight transfer at front of car, therefore increases grip
• Increases chassis roll
• Better on smooth, high-traction tracks with long fast corners

Higher (bottom position of upper pivot pins)
• Decreases on-throttle steering
• Increases car’s responsiveness
• Increases weight transfer at front of car, therefore decreases grip
• Decreases chassis roll
• Use in high-grip conditions to avoid traction rolling
• Better on tracks with quick direction changes (chicanes)

AFM
Old 02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by royfan33
Along the same lines, what about the new rear uprights? I just installed these using stock axles. According to TM they allow the car to be ran w/less camber.
Probably because they have different angle and so they produces more camber variation when suspension compresses, thus requiring less static camber setting than the stock ones.

General theory is this one:

Rear Roll Center adjustments affects on- and off-throttle situations in all cornering stages.

Lower (lower position of camber link)
• Increases on-throttle grip
• Decreases weight transfer at rear of car, therefore increases grip
• Increases grip, decreases rear tire wear
• Increases chassis roll
• Use to avoid traction rolling at corner entry (increases rear grip)
• Better on low-traction tracks

Higher (higher position of camber link)
• Decreases on-throttle steering
• Increases weight transfer at front of car, therefore decreases grip
• Increases car’s responsiveness
• Decreases chassis roll
• Use in high-grip conditions to avoid traction rolling in mid-corner and corner exit
• Better on tracks with quick direction changes (chicanes)

AFM
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by royfan33
absolutely, i dropped my camber by 1.5 deg at the rear when using the new hubs. thats with using the 2 spacers supplied for each side for the roll center adjustment. didnt play too much with it cause it seemed to be good with the 2 spacers. cheers.

thanks for the info AFM, biggest fix was to change the steering link on the hub from the 2nd to the 1st hole, and this seemed to fix the steering i lacked. i seemed to get confused with that, in the booklet i got seems to be back to front, the higher the link position it says the more steering, more chassis roll and more grip. lower link said, less steering, quicker response, less chassis roll. thats why i went for the upper link setting cause i knew the track grip was going to be low, but seemed to lack the steering till i changed the steering link on the hub.

Last edited by Pattojnr; 02-08-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You guys rock!

AFM....you should seriously write a book. You answer many questions on the forums always straight forward, precise, easy to understand answers. Thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 02:22 PM
afm
Tech Master

..................thanks for the info AFM, biggest fix was to change the steering link on the hub from the 2nd to the 1st hole, and this seemed to fix the steering i lacked. i seemed to get confused with that, in the booklet i got seems to be back to front, the higher the link position it says the more steering, more chassis roll and more grip. lower link said, less steering, quicker response, less chassis roll. thats why i went for the upper link setting cause i knew the track grip was going to be low, but seemed to lack the steering till i changed the steering link on the hub.
The explanation is that when you vary the position of the steering link on the hub, you are varying the Akerman efect.

A large Ackerman angle gives you smooth, predictable steering. You'll be able to round the corners nicely without all four tires trying to force the car in a different direction.
A smaller Ackerman angle on the other hand can give you more aggressive steering, especially entering the corners. However, it isn't guaranteed that the front won't wash out now and then. Neither is a smooth cornering radius. It can be useful in high-traction tracks, if your car tends to oversteer in the middle of the corners, and you'd like a little more turn-in.
So when you changed front roll center, you had to adjust your Akerman....one change leads to another and so on...suspension changes are all related.

AFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.