Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys i have a Q!

I want to mount my RX on the car but somewhere it will be kinnda away from harm i know that its not gonna be easy but i'll take that risk! i was just wanting to know what i should use to mount it i was thinking super glue and put it on the side of the throttle servo or maybe on the upper deck could you point me where i need to go to get this right!!?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

mayb put ur battery pack where reciever goes and reciever where the batrey goes thats wat i would do and zip tie the reciever in i use square team magic battery packs so it works for me
Old 01-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaDaGAS CAR
mayb put ur battery pack where reciever goes and reciever where the batrey goes thats wat i would do and zip tie the reciever in i use square team magic battery packs so it works for me

wouldnt this change the balance of the car?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

nope doubt it they are like 10grams mayb 20grams max nothing major
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Yes it would effect the balance.Id suggest fitting the reciever in its location but to mount it upside down and too the splash cover.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

T1bobo has a different car, not a G4S or even a G4, he has the trinity reflex. so the weight balance isnt there to start with. what he wanted to know is how to mount his reciever, which razzor understood. and i dont think going backwards in mounting the battery pack where the mongoose was, is a move forward for the G4S. i think madagascar is just trying to be different as there has been an influx of the G4S in adelaide for this season, and maybe a bit dissapointed due to this as well. T1bobo you have PM.

Last edited by Pattojnr; 01-15-2007 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i think madagascar is just trying to be different as there has been an influx of the G4S in adelaide for this season, and maybe a bit dissapointed due to this as well. T1bobo you have PM.
personally i love the car its fantastic but i like to be diffrent its personal preferance by saying that im not gothic or any thing like that i dont mind other people having the car it doesnt bother me just wish they shopped around b4 they all just went a got 1 cos every1 else did. this might not be right but its just how it seems

but as they saying goes "the more the merryer"
btw patto where u get ur info from and wats the advantages of running the ed trans
Old 01-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah i sould have told you guys that i dont have a G4/G4s i do have a trinity reflex! and i love it i would like to get a G4s one day but for now im in love with my REFLEX lol!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

btw patto where u get ur info from and wats the advantages of running the ed trans
where did i get my info from ? what info ?
as for the ed trans, things are smoooooth. the new trans is able to give you some more gearing options. while you can gear the car for huge acceleration, but yet somehow through great design, you dont seem to loose out on top end either. and if you follow the k factory site, the ratios for before and after arent quite what they seem. 15/20 pinions for the new trans was like the 18/23 for the old trans. but applying that to the track the 16/21 seems more of a comparison to the 18/23 of the old system, even though the ratios are different. i suppose its the efficiency that has improved and i may even have to go 17/22 for my track, but i will see later on when the season starts. im itchin to go , cant wait
Old 01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
afm
Tech Master

.........what are the advantages of running the ED trans............
The advantage of the ED transmission system is that the overall internal differential ratio drops from 2.526 on the Std system to 2.190 on the ED system......so let's say at equal final gear ratios on both systems, the ED system rotates slower putting less stress on the whole transmission system (bearings, belts, pulleys etc.) the engine spools faster, and top end improves, and also sharpness out of corners because also the clutch bell/pinions are lighter (6gms) vs the Std (13gms)...also mentioned is the advantage of having more low and high end ratios to cover almost any track....

On preliminary tests done by Team Phenix (D. Richey) some time ago, and somewhere in this thread, they reported an improvement of 8 full seconds in a 5 minute test.....it's tenths of seconds per lap that add up...so imagine in a main heat....

AFM
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hi guys
had a ball at my first club meet
finished 8th for the day
beacause 5mins into the final the 2speed nut that hold the first gear came off
and so did the first gear
and finished me for the day i reckon i was running about 5th at the time
but in qualifing manage 7th 5th 5th which i was happy with for a first run.
the car was plantted all day tyre wear was even so i reckon it was setup ok
now just need practice practice practice to improve an get to know the track a bit better

paul
ps thanks for the pic gansei would i have to get the carbon fibre nose or could i use the standard nose part that is with the car !!!!
also how did u mount your presure chamber on the deck im to scare to drill the carbon there as its very thin
i used cable tie in crack between battery and deck ^^
Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

anyone try K14118,which one better (L,M,S) thank
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
i used cable tie in crack between battery and deck ^^
thank gansei u are a very helpful man
did u see my other question about front end

paul
Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
thank gansei u are a very helpful man
did u see my other question about front end

paul
your other question is "would i have to get the carbon fibre nose or could i use the standard nose part that is with the car !!!!" ?

i could not understand what do you mean.

sorry for my poor english.

did you mean what part is between carbon front upper plate and wide bumper?

it is sponge normal bumper. but i cutted it.

But now.. i changed sponge bumper + wide bumper

i think sponge bumper protect body to be crushed.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4.jpg  
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Hey guys... sorry to interrupt. I need help finding a digital copy of the G4S manual.

Do you know anywhere I can download it? Can anyone scan it?

Take care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.