Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default g4s

MOTORMAN looks like you got yourself a winner in that car good choice
Old 09-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, I've just finished building my G4S and wow! i'm really impressed with the packaging and the manual.. and the price too!

I got some questions though, aside from the tight ballcups, (i'm guessing a few laps at the track will remedy this) do i have to dremel the arms? it has some bind in them right now..

How do you disconnect the front anti-roll bars? the blades seem to be too long for it to disengage..

thanks in advance guys..
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-cimg3720-1.jpg  
Old 09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

What a great run for Dario and the G4S at the 200mm world championships!!!! The G4S has proven itself as a highly competitive car in a very short time. If you don't believe me ask Serpent! LOL

Everyone that put their new G4S kit together has the same first impression --- WOW! Don't care the language, I see the WOW's in many languages every week!

So Hoist the flag all you G4/G4S care owners, we won't be the minority long!!

And for those outsiders looking in, contact us we can make you a proud RC driver of a G4S today!!!!

Fotr the person building the kit and talking about the A Arms. Yes they need some soft touches with the sander. The front lower A arms on the bottom side there is sometimes a little excess plastic and it can hit the chassis. So sand there and ends if need to make a smooth movement. The upper rears sometimes can use the same touch for smoother movement. And I forgot the other question but hope this helps.

SamF
Old 09-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Team Phenix driver Bobby Flack. Bobby is the new Midwest Series 2006 200MM Sedan Champion. He hammered the final nail into the coffin today at race 6 in Detroit TQ and 1st place.

G4S TQ's 5 of six races this year. And we only attended 5. G4S is on a roll
Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
wow thanks a lot mate

so do i need to choose the overdrive gearing set depends on the tyre wear at my local track condition?

btw wich gearing work best for you?
19/19/26 has been the most consistent package for me. I am now working on getting the 18T gearing right for our track in conjunction with the Orion CRF engine which needs higher revs to deliver it's power so the shorter gearing should help.

By all means you should experiment as much as possible as to what works best for you and your track/driving style/abilities.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Great results all over the world , looking forward to running at the Nats next month with my S.With results like these gives me some inspiration.
I will be running at the venue thats going to host the 1/8 worlds next year.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z00M
19/19/26 has been the most consistent package for me. I am now working on getting the 18T gearing right for our track in conjunction with the Orion CRF engine which needs higher revs to deliver it's power so the shorter gearing should help.

By all means you should experiment as much as possible as to what works best for you and your track/driving style/abilities.

Cheers,

Mike.
thx
Old 09-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SacWolf
any one tried Team Orion's 6 shoe clutch?
SacWolf:

Looks similar to the UFO clutch that comes standard with the G4S!

BB
Old 09-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can anyone point me to a setup guide. I know the basics of setup, but some things are different on the onroad car than 1/8th buggy. For example, I don't know what the purpose of the black plastic adjusters is on the anti-sway bars. I see that when I move them, they move the bar. Is this to balance them or what? I don't get it.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by royfan33
Can anyone point me to a setup guide. I know the basics of setup, but some things are different on the onroad car than 1/8th buggy. For example, I don't know what the purpose of the black plastic adjusters is on the anti-sway bars. I see that when I move them, they move the bar. Is this to balance them or what? I don't get it.
on teh back of the G4S manual has a setting guide to teach you about how to setup the car.

i think the black plastic peice you mentioned is to equalizes the arms when you set the anti roll bar
Old 09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bundy_Bear: just wondering.. what happened to Dario during the Finals
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to thank TM and all those who helped make the trip to oz possible.

Things didnt quite go to plan for us, and it was a huge learning curve ! We were fairly competitve early in the week, but as the grip came up we actually went slower ! I have never experienced grip like that, at the Euro's in Heemstede the grip was similar to at home, so our set ups worked well, but this was all new !

Thanks to Dario & his crew they helped us out with their set up, and that helped, but in my quarter final I hit a stationary car at the first corner and ended in the grass, I didnt know at the time that this had also tucked the body down and so i fell off at the end of the straight too, ooops ! Once the body had worn to its new shape, my car was good, but by then it was too late.......

Dario did a fantastic job in qualy, and had to make his final round count, no pressure ! He was very unlucky in the final, and definately would have been in with a chance of a good result

Well done to Keisuke Fukuda, for the win, he drove a faultless race, and was there when Chris had his radio problems, it was a pretty eventfull race to watch.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbboy
Bundy_Bear: just wondering.. what happened to Dario during the Finals
Not 100% sure, i missed what happend to him early in the race which resulted in him going down a few laps. In the end it sounded like the 2 speed decided to go on strike and he lost a lot of time in the pits as a result.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help:S

BB
Old 09-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Muppet work at it ,theres another worlds in 2 years time.
At the end of the day you guys have got the G4s to get the attention it deserves.
Keep it up ,Ill definately be rooting for u !
Old 09-19-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey muppet!!! i told ya you'd be racin at the worlds it was a good run... pretty sure you guys enjoyed the race fantastic job indeed by dario baletri takin the 2nd sweet spot at the grid CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.