Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I finally got to run my G4S today on a track for my first onroad race. Unfortunately a cold front blew in with high winds and rain and cancelled all racing but, I did get a few practice laps in. The car is awesome. I'm hooked for sure.

Speaking of clutch springs.....why in the world does TM include the stiffest yellow spring instead of something in the middle. I had to go to LHS and luckily he had a orange. I was running in my motor and didn't really want to rap the heck out of it. After changing to the orange and getting the gap as close as possible it was fine. And in fact after getting closer to a race tune it seemed spot on to me. I too am running a Picco and am using the collet that came w/motor. I did take just alittle material of the top with my dremel and it seems fine.

One other thing...can anyone direct me to a good source for setup guidance? I need to learn the proper method for doing a complete setup. For example I don't really understand what the little black cam adjustments for the roll bars are for. Any info appreciated.
thanks
Gary
Old 09-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SacWolf
any one tried Team Orion's 6 shoe clutch?
anyone tried Team Orion's Clutch System for G4S? intend to get 1, but dunno how well it performs.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FOCKYERDODER
Harder clutch spring engages the clutch late. Good for bigger tracks.
Softer clutch spring engages the clutch early. Good for smaller tracks.

hmm can u explain a bit more?
im not really sure why do i need the cluctch to engage late on bigger track and engage early for small track?
thx
Old 09-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

what is the benefit for running front overdrive?
which pulley combination work best for g4s?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

MUGEN THE WORLD CHAMP 200MM
Old 09-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was a great race, glad i was able to be out there today to watch it.

Well Done to Fukuda & Mugen!

At the end of the day if Tosolini hadn't lost the antenna on his car the result would be different. After that Tosolini's car would glitch at the end of the back straight, it left the straight once and then it did it again in the infield when he hit the barrier. Tosolini had em all lapped up to P2 at that stage

Great Race

Was sorry to see Dario have problems though...

BB
Old 09-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

still a good finish for us qualified 2nd and finished 6th! CONGRATS to TEAM MAGIC!!! CONGRATS to MUGEN
Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rbboy
still a good finish for us qualified 2nd and finished 6th! CONGRATS to TEAM MAGIC!!! CONGRATS to MUGEN
True

I wasn't having a go and anyone, i was just disappointed to see Dario have problems...

TM really need to get some "Official Drivers"... Maybe Mr Richey can sit down and have a chat to Josh Cyrul, i am sure he is cheezed off with his current suitation with people protesting against him within Kyosho Team

BB
Old 09-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
True

I wasn't having a go and anyone, i was just disappointed to see Dario have problems...

TM really need to get some "Official Drivers"... Maybe Mr Richey can sit down and have a chat to Josh Cyrul, i am sure he is cheezed off with his current suitation with people protesting against him within Kyosho Team

BB
oh wow! thats breaking news also just an input, no one knows the G4 better than Josh since he was part of the team that designed the first generation G4 i am pretty sure he will do good with the S
Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rbboy
oh wow! thats breaking news also just an input, no one knows the G4 better than Josh since he was part of the team that designed the first generation G4 i am pretty sure he will do good with the S
rbboy:

That was what was coming from the track Tuesday as qualifing started. It was apparantly from Sirio as Kyosho engine supplier with Josh running the Orion

All sad really if it is true... I remember when he ran at England Park with his G4 it was awsome

BB
Old 09-17-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ickvanovs
what is the benefit for running front overdrive?
which pulley combination work best for g4s?
As per box setup or switch to 20T brake and rear side pulleys.

No benefit for running front overdrive. It tortures your middle belt. Keep the overdrive ratio to 1.000 or slightly below ( something like 0.9980 ).
Old 09-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I run the front overdrive and I haven't tortured anything I've been running the same belts for this whole season without an issue.

If you run the overdrive to the front, ensure you start each race with smaller fronts than rears by about 2.2mm if you are using the 19/19/26 combination.

The pro's and cons of all of these setups are contained within the pages of this thread for anyone that is keen enough to go searching for them.

Cheers,

Mike.
P.S. Another TQ and win for me today.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z00M
I run the front overdrive and I haven't tortured anything I've been running the same belts for this whole season without an issue.

If you run the overdrive to the front, ensure you start each race with smaller fronts than rears by about 2.2mm if you are using the 19/19/26 combination.

The pro's and cons of all of these setups are contained within the pages of this thread for anyone that is keen enough to go searching for them.

Cheers,

Mike.
P.S. Another TQ and win for me today.
oh, i read your post regarding the overdrive in page 61.
however i still have some question, why do you prefer front overdrive rather than 1:1 ratio? is there any advantage for running front overdrive?
Old 09-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

As you run each race you will find that the rear tyres wear more than the fronts. When you run the overdrive gear but true the front tyres smaller than the rear you have the 1-1 ratio at the beginning and as the rear tyres wear down a little, the fronts seem to wear at roughly the same rate because you're causing a little scrub on the fronts as they are asked to accelerate the car.

What this means is that the car handles better for longer because you don't get to the position of having smaller rear tyres than fronts, or not as bad as when you run the stock drive gears with same size tyres all around.

When you run the same size tyres and the 1-1 drive, you are almost immediately into having the car snap-oversteer going into a corner and being a little unpredictable because the rear tyres get smaller than the front very quickly on a track with a few high speed turns.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z00M
As you run each race you will find that the rear tyres wear more than the fronts. When you run the overdrive gear but true the front tyres smaller than the rear you have the 1-1 ratio at the beginning and as the rear tyres wear down a little, the fronts seem to wear at roughly the same rate because you're causing a little scrub on the fronts as they are asked to accelerate the car.

What this means is that the car handles better for longer because you don't get to the position of having smaller rear tyres than fronts, or not as bad as when you run the stock drive gears with same size tyres all around.

When you run the same size tyres and the 1-1 drive, you are almost immediately into having the car snap-oversteer going into a corner and being a little unpredictable because the rear tyres get smaller than the front very quickly on a track with a few high speed turns.

Cheers,

Mike.
wow thanks a lot mate

so do i need to choose the overdrive gearing set depends on the tyre wear at my local track condition?

btw wich gearing work best for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.