Community
Wiki Posts
Search

throttle not stoping

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default throttle not stoping

hey my throttles not stopping like it goes 4 mph when i let it go so i always need to hold the brake. But if i let go and not accelerate it well go by it self.

Yes i checked my remotes battery and my cars and the remote settings and how my throttle reciever is setup it all seems to be fine but when i lif up my air filer i still see a small hole where the air is going in, but i cant find a way to close it without hlding my brakes. shud i tighten the thing going to my servo to carb? thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When you take off your air filter off there is supposed to be a little gap to keep your engine idling. But the reason that your wheels don't stop turning is probably your clutch,it is most likely stuck, you will have to take it apart and rebuild it. Good luck

Originally Posted by Modified_Racer
hey my throttles not stopping like it goes 4 mph when i let it go so i always need to hold the brake. But if i let go and not accelerate it well go by it self.

Yes i checked my remotes battery and my cars and the remote settings and how my throttle reciever is setup it all seems to be fine but when i lif up my air filer i still see a small hole where the air is going in, but i cant find a way to close it without hlding my brakes. shud i tighten the thing going to my servo to carb? thanks
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Arno: If it was his clutch hanging up then when he hit the brakes and stopped the car, the engine would die. He probably just has his idle set too high.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

what make of motor/carb do you have?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

All my engines are based on novarossi.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If it has a slide type carb. there is a screw on the back side of the carb. opposite the ball that the rod that the servo is connected to, that is the stop for the slide. If you back it out (counter clockwise) it should lower the idle letting the slide close a little bit so it won't have as much of a gap when you look into the carb. It is usually a black colored screw and it is at a angle going towards the slide.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When you put on the brakes does the idle lower also or does it seem to still try and move the car but the brakes are on? Try and start the car with the radio turned off then move the servo arm by hand and see if the idle will go down. If it does go down with the radio off and then you turn the radio on and it ildles back up then it is in the way that the servo is sitting in the idle position. Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ee

yep i got it fixed. Its a rotary carb and i fixed that. The carbs stick thingy got stuck in somthng that i just found wich was a black dot way on the side...i wonder how that got there. prolly wheen i was seeing if my engine was flooded. thanks
Old 11-29-2005, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Good deal. Its always bad news when your stick thingy gets stuck in somthing with the black dot. What you do with your carb in the privacy of your home is your own business. At least you got it running again.

jk
Old 11-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

hahahahahahahahaha HAH HAH HAH, oh, that was funny Rapid Roy!! A real "knee slapper", for sure. Oh, yea.