Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
YES, War Party Racing is the one with a titanium 2speed shaft.
Jack Barnnet is the guys name who makes them and also came out with titanium mid shaft, hing pins, and piviot balls!!

Soon he will be making these shaft hollow....even lighter!!!
Punisher, what are the prices like? I don't mind getting them. I can't imagine the weight oif the titanium hollow shaft
Old 05-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

What parts would you guys like to see for the car?

Make your wishlist.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tony montana
Well guys I finally broke down and bought the 705 yesterday. I must say the directions are not to great, good pictures but thats about it. I hope the performance is better than the assembly. Having trouble with binding suspension, holes not drilled in the plastic parts. Got it for a good price from my lhs for 339.00. How is the stock setup? Any others out there had similar problems? Just now finished putting on the rear shock tower. Any thing else I should look out for when continuing assembly?
Tony, what do you mean when you say that the holes were not drilled in the plastic parts? Which part is this? The shocks pistons?

Unlike other cars, you do not need hop ups to make the car perform. It already has most of the things to be competitive ot of the box. The only thing is to invest in your time finding the right setup that would suite your track and driving style.

And yes, the 705 manual is not the greatest manual ever made but it sure beats some of the kit manuals out there If you even need assistance, just shout. Else, mytsn 705 forum can also be helpful as factory drivers will answer your questions. I suggest you go through the whole mytsn 705 forum and you will get the idea of the kind of "problems" to avoid and what to expect. Going though all of this thread is also useful
Old 05-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

Punisher, what are the prices like? I don't mind getting them. I can't imagine the weight oif the titanium hollow shaft
InitialD,
The price on the Ti 2speed shaft is $30 and the mid Ti shaft is $25....way over priced compare to the Serpent hollow shaft.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Punisher,

I believe Jack will mark up the price more then 30 buck if he make it hollow on the Titanium Shaft. That was i remember when talking to him at the Big Race.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Smile

I believe Jack will mark up the price more then 30 buck if he make it hollow on the Titanium Shaft.
OOOHHH YES!
I remember......

Unlike other cars, you do not need hop ups to make the car perform. It already has most of the things to be competitive ot of the box. The only thing is to invest in your time finding the right setup that would suite your track and driving style.
Very True!!
Out of the box the 705 have everthing to make this car Hop-up free!! I like how all the Mugen guys are bagging how many hop-ups there are for their car to be race proven or durable! I have some at my local track here that got some of those blue seal ball bearings for their MTX-3 not knowing that the 705 came with some...well, purple rubber seals!!
Old 05-12-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Steeringblock FCset +alu balls 8.5mm (801222)

The Steeringblock FCset +alu balls 8.5mm is just formally released on mytsn.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2771
Old 05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Well, you can find some info on the RB website www.rbproducts.com.

They don't publish any hard datas on the engine and they do not believe is posting any.... But the evidence is enough on the track.

Well, the MS 5 port is a nice engine. In fact I think it is one of the more powerful 5 port engines around, except maybe the Rody tuned and the JP. The Rody tuned 5 port engine takes engine performance to a different level. I believe even surpasing the JP.
Thanks for all the info. It looks like a rocking engine but I think I might stick with the NM Sx12 5P MS. I could always upgrade later after I got used to the car.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Speaking of the NovaMega engines, what has been people's experiences with the SX12 MS models? I am thinking abou getting the 3-port race.....
Old 05-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Intial D there were no holes in the up rights for the tie rods, partial holes were the pins hold the brake pads (one was drilled and one wasnt. Im not complaning I love building kits and cant wait for this Saturday to get it on the track. What parts usually break on it so I can start stacking up. How many shims do you have on the centax?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

How many shims do you have on the centax?
I used 4 in front of the trust bearing and 1 behind the flywheel brass coupler.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

chachi:... thanks a lot.. i will contact him soon.... i was just wondering where abouts in canada you live.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Punisher thanks, one more question, what sort of reciever pack does this thing take? Can I buy one already made? Really dont want to make my own.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

It uses 5 AAA cells. Serpent sell a pack pre-made but they arent the cheapest.

4 of the cells line up along side each other and the 5th cell goes directly on top of the end cell towards the front.

I know you dont want to make your own packs up but it will work out probably half the price.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I posted this earlier in the thread but noone replied, so here it goes again....

I've seen a LOT of people in this thread have purple fuel tubing on their 705's. Can you please tell me where you got it? Does anyone know of any online stores that have purple fuel tubing in stock?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.