Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent 705 from Holland

Originally posted by herb
PUNISHER, we haven't met each other till now, but i already dislike the way you communicate.

But this is what i promised after finding a spot where i could upload my pictures.....

Here is picture number 1 of the 705 box i received this week :

I wonder why you are selling this kit while you have just received it !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3101829150

Last edited by Manticore; 12-22-2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent 705 from Holland

Originally posted by Manticore
I wonder why you are selling this kit while you have just received it !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3101829150
Other car, but same pictures. I still got mine (and i am proud on it). The seller of this one is Michel of The Border (also from Holland), where i bought my car. I called him today. He is my friend, I sometimes help him maintaining his website, we both drive at the same club and he used my pictures.

I know he has one 705 car left (he bought 3 kits from the first batch) and put it on eBay.
That's simply the answer on your question.

From Michel I also heard that the prices of Serpent parts and products will be raised with 3-4% after 1.1.2003 here locally. Does that also counts for the US ?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:27 AM

Worldwide price increases for 2003:

2-3 % on Serpent items
5% on NovaMega Engines
2% on NovaMega Spares

Just have to lower profit to support this hobby
Old 12-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 705

Herb,
when u'd finished building your 705, pls let us know the weight of the entire car (yes, inclusive of engine, pipe, electronics...etc)...? I am thinking of transfering my current engine to 705 when i get hold of the kit. If the overall weight for 705 exceeds my current car, then i might need to get another more powerful engine to power the 705..., just to minimize my cost....
My current car weights 1.77kg.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Hello my Serpent friends,

Could anyone of you check if your Serpent 750 comes with the followings?

Touring Mount
Floating Mount
Centax Clutch 2

I'm currently in Thailand visiting my beloved wife, and found out that Serpent's THAI version comes with all of those described above. The price is about $480MAX.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

I'll be posting the pictures of the Thai version shortly. It's just about a quarter to 7 a.m. here. Stay tuned.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
Well it looks like I will be driving a 705 next year. I got the call tonight saying that I will be getting it in February. Have to wait for the second batch to be released. It really sucks when only 18 of the first batch made it to the UK out of the 40 that where ordered. Oh well. At least I know its coming and I can still have it ready for the first Championship round.

what about the yoke modellor?
Old 12-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hello my Serpent friends,

Could anyone of you check if your Serpent 750 comes with the followings?

Touring Mount
Floating Mount
Centax Clutch 2

I'm currently in Thailand visiting my beloved wife, and found out that Serpent's THAI version comes with all of those described above. The price is about $480MAX.
eddiethefish,

A Thai wife?

What do you mean Thai version of the Serpent? Is it a true blue 705?

The 705 should come with the Touring mounnt (808140) and the optional Bodysupport-set carbon rear (808143). Of course the Centax II clutch and the lightened 2 speed gear box are also included.

It does NOT come with the Floating Mount (808150). If you want, you need to fix it yourself. The reason being is that when you use the floating mount, the 7mm aluminum spacers on the top of the rear knuckles will get in the way of the floating mount mounting. What I did was to use a washer that is about 2.5 to 3 mm high and put it on top of the rear knuckles when I instadlled the floating mount on my Impulse instead of the 7 mm one.

Ummm, MTX-3 or 705 now? Good luck
Old 12-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
eddiethefish,

A Thai wife?

What do you mean Thai version of the Serpent? Is it a true blue 705?

The 705 should come with the Touring mounnt (808140) and the optional Bodysupport-set carbon rear (808143). Of course the Centax II clutch and the lightened 2 speed gear box are also included.

It does NOT come with the Floating Mount (808150). If you want, you need to fix it yourself. The reason being is that when you use the floating mount, the 7mm aluminum spacers on the top of the rear knuckles will get in the way of the floating mount mounting. What I did was to use a washer that is about 2.5 to 3 mm high and put it on top of the rear knuckles when I instadlled the floating mount on my Impulse instead of the 7 mm one.

Ummm, MTX-3 or 705 now? Good luck
Hello InitialD,

Yes, a beautiful wife, truly house-wife, no bitching when I watch football and do nothing else.

You see, the THAI version comes ready with both Touring Mount and the Floating Mount. I'm glad to learn from you that the Centax Clutch 2 is part of the standard in the kit. I thought it was the option.

Anyway, I'll stick with my MTX-2 and MTX-3. The Serpent is for my brother-in-law. Oh! Just a little fact, I've also found out that most THAI run Serpent, then Mugen, then HPI, not many run Kyosho and others. Anyway, this was from talking to many people, not a real statistic fact or some sort.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hello InitialD,

Yes, a beautiful wife, truly house-wife, no bitching when I watch football and do nothing else.

You see, the THAI version comes ready with both Touring Mount and the Floating Mount. I'm glad to learn from you that the Centax Clutch 2 is part of the standard in the kit. I thought it was the option.

Anyway, I'll stick with my MTX-2 and MTX-3. The Serpent is for my brother-in-law. Oh! Just a little fact, I've also found out that most THAI run Serpent, then Mugen, then HPI, not many run Kyosho and others. Anyway, this was from talking to many people, not a real statistic fact or some sort.
Power to you

Ummm, I heard that there are many Thai drivers that drive the Serpent.

Ok, so the Thai version of the "Impulse PRO" comes with a Centax II, floating and touring body mount?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Hey Patelladragger,

Over here we run 2 separate classes for foam and rubber. I am going to be running the Yokomo in the Rubber class and keeping the 705 for the serious stuff.

I will still be selling all my Yokomo hop-ups with a lot of new features coming soon. The latest hop-up I'm working on is the Carbon Fibre Chassis. Can't go into too much detail on the design but send me an email and I'll let you know whats going on.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Serpent 705: Thai Version

Hello All,

As promised, I have taken the Thai version of the Serpent 705. Everything you see in the pictures is what comes in as stock. Of course, no JP Black S5, no pipe, nothing but the kit! The price is as confirmed as $480. If any of you would like to have this version, you may paypal $500 shipped at [email protected] I'll be returning home in the States by 01/05/03.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Pic 1
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscf1228.jpg  
Old 12-25-2002, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Pic 2
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscf1229.jpg  
Old 12-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Pic 3
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscf1230.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.