Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've actually got some of that! The only thing is when I try to "shrink" it with my soldering iron it just melts rather than shrinks, lol. What is a good way to shrink it? A hair dryer?
Old 05-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

lol...YES!! a hair dryer!!
Old 05-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Accord,

Cut the neck of the balloon, leaving just a short neck, that will help you to put the receiver on it more easy!!
Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PUNISHER
lol...YES!! a hair dryer!!
Damn, the shrink wrap I have is too small to fit over the reciever.

Rather than dealing with baloons, shrink wrap, etc... could I just wrap the reciever in electrical tape?
Old 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Accord,

You can also use bicycle tire tube. That is what myself and a few other people around here are doing. We use the doublesided tape to stick it to the mount or you can use Shoe Goo as well and then put a bicycle tube around it for extra protection.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Accord
I have a purple rubber receiver protector, and I may have a bit of purple fuel tubing. Send me a message through "profile". I live in S. Florida.
To all others.
I am getting ready to post 2, yes two
Impulse "rolling" chassis's. They are street-specs, but I have the Serpent rear exhaust side-belt tensioner, graphite radio tray, a bunch of aluminum hop-ups, and LOTS of spare parts. Going to sell BOTH chassis's for $425.00
Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by taz5176
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/realrolfj...it/overdriv.htm
i cant access this page, is this link correct?

initiald:
btw, r u from sg? i am...
Ummm, don't know why the link I posted turned out that way. Let me try again... Hope this works;

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/realrolfje...t/overdriv.htm

No, I'm not from SG. A little up north

I believe you can also go the STS webpage and download the small utility ODR Tool V1.2.

http://www.stsrc.com.tw/info/info.php
Old 05-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Accord
Damn, the shrink wrap I have is too small to fit over the reciever.

Rather than dealing with baloons, shrink wrap, etc... could I just wrap the reciever in electrical tape?
Yes, I just use black electrical tape... Lots of it wrapped round the receiver.

If you want to go the "expensive" way, you can try and find a HPI receiver protector. It's made of silicone rubber. I believe you can get it in many colours including purple. I know it fits the Futaba receiver. What radio gear are you using? I know Kyosho also makes a similar receiver protector but it is a little larger.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Gear Ratio

Originally posted by nizee
Take all the equation/formula and put it into Excel Spreedsheet and you have your own personal calculator. I compile all the equation/formula into the Spreedsheet and it easy for me to reference back, that's what i did.
Well, I actually made for myself a spreadsheet table which list all the possible gear combinations and their final drive ratios. It makes it easier for me to refer as I do not have to take the calculator out and start calculating. Besides, the spreadsheet does most of the repetitive calculation automatically
Old 05-07-2003, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by InitialD
Ummm, don't know why the link I posted turned out that way. Let me try again... Hope this works;

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/realrolfje...t/overdriv.htm

No, I'm not from SG. A little up north

I believe you can also go the STS webpage and download the small utility ODR Tool V1.2.

http://www.stsrc.com.tw/info/info.php
I don't know but I think some ISP provider in Holland is down. Mytsn is also down from myside
Old 05-07-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

ya, tsn was down since yesterday nite? i cant access since last nite
Old 05-07-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

gear mesh:

1) is it possible to run 15/19 pinions with the stock spur gears?

2) if not, what size spur do i need to run 15/19 and -/45?

3) is the 15/19, -/45 split too big?

i want more low end punch without sacrificing top speed. the tracks i run have tight inflields with long straights.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Prophet

cachi,

1. Are you referring to the Centax on the Impulse PRO? So are you asking if the 15T/19T meshes with the 50T/47T stock spurs on the Impulse PRO? Yes, they do mesh. The alignment will be off. But that can be remedied by adjusting the engine mounting position. The 50T/47T spurs were not made for the Centax clutch in mind.

2. You can have the option of going with the 44T, 45T and 46T for the 2nd gear spurs and the 47T, 48T and 49T for the 1st gear spurs. They align properly as they were made for the Centax clutch.

3. With the stock internal pullies (internal drive ratio is 2), the final drive ratio for the 2nd gear is 4.74. That's a pretty long track you'll be running on if you put the final drive ratio to good use. Anyway, the split is not such a big jump but then it depends on the engine.

Depending on your track, you may need to adjust the 2nd speed engagement to suite your driving style and the track layout. You would not want the 2nd speed to engage just when you are about to make a corner in the infields. Also, you may want to stretch the 1st speed a little more and get higher rpms on the engine for the suitable engine powerband before the 2nd gear engages so that the engine will not bog down. That is the balance you need to strike upon. Again, all this depends on your engine...
Old 05-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Accord,

I know what you mean, the baloons are no fun, but I found that the Tamiya receiver baloons work well. They seem to be more durable than others and also are abit more flexible. I use these with both micro and standard size receivers.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DSR
Nizee, where did you get the purple washers for the shock mounts, as well as the brake lever? Tower hobbies has the normal HPI purple concave washers, but I've never seen ones that look like what you have.
I bought it long time ago when i was in SG and i took it off from my spare helicopter kit. I believe TeamMagic makes this type of washer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.