Serpent 705

Old 03-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

THANKS,,

NO HERE IN PUERTO RICO ,, I'M THE GUY WHO CARES FOR THE SETUPS FOR THE CARS AND I'M USING A LITTLE DIFFERENT SET-UP FROM THE ONE SUPPLIED FROM MYTSN,,

FIRST I MEASURE THE FRONT DOWNSTOPS TO 1MM AND THE REAR IN 7MM,
THEN I PUT THE TIRES ON, AND MEASURE THE RIDE HEIGHT IN FRONT AT 5MM AND REAR 5.5MM, MAKING THE ADJUSTMENTS IN THE SHOCKS,
NOW I TAKE OFF THE TIRES, PUT THE CAR ON THE HUDDY AND MASURE THE FRONT TOE IN IN -1 DEGREE AND THE CAMBER IN -1 DEGREE, IN THE REAR I LIKE THE -2.5 TOE-IN AND -1 OF CAMBER, AFTER THAT I TOOK OFF THE HUDDY AND PUT THE TIRES AGAIN AND RECHECK THE RIDE HEIGHT, NOW I MEASURE THE DRIVING CAMBER WITH A CAMBER GAGE AND I SUPOSSE TO HAVE A -1 DEGREE IN ALL THE TIRES, THEN I GO TO THE TWEAK PART, IN FRONT AND REAR , AFTER THAT I RECHECK AGAIN THE RIDE HEIGHT ,,
SORRY I MISS THE SHOCKS, I LIKE TO USE THE ALL FOUR YELLOW SPRINGS 2 HOLES IN FRONT AND 3 ON THE REAR WITH THE STOCK SHOCK OIL AND STOCK MOUNTING POSITION AS SUPLIED ON THE MANUAL, BUT THE TIRES IS THE BIG THING HERE I'VE TRIED A DIFERENTS BRANDS OF TIRES AND I CHOOSE THE UFRA WITH THIS SET-UP 26MM IN FRONT 40 SHORE AND 30MM IN REAR 40 SHORE,
I CAN GET IN THE CORNER MORE FASTER AND THE CAR HANDLE GREAT AND WHEN I CAME OUT OF THE CORNER I HIT THE TRIGGER MORE EARLIER THAT I HIT IT BEFORE WITH OTHER BRANDS OF TIRES,, AND I'M TALKING OF SERIOUS ACCELERATION HERE GUYS, THANKS TO THE CENTAX CLUTCH,

WELL HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND ( I'M NOT VERY GOOD IN ENGLISH) JUST GIVE IT A TRY LATER, AND LET ME NOW, ANOTHER THING IS WE HAVE TIGHTS TRACKS HERE IN P.R. BUT I THINK THIS IS A STARTING POINT FOR YOUR LOCAL TRACK
WELL LIKE I SAID TO MY TEAM MATES WHEN ARE RUNNING AT THE TRACK, BURN THAT TIRES DUDE!!

CIAO!!
Old 03-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Paul. I'll try the ufra tires this weekend and I tru my tires down to 62mm as a starting point.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

you're welcome pit racer,,

I never trued out my tires, i should try that some day, but i don't have any clue how to start, so why don't you guys talk to me more about this topic, i apreciate it!!
Old 03-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

its about this simple smaller tires are faster.

robert is correct on the clutch deal also.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ammdrew
its about this simple smaller tires are faster.

robert is correct on the clutch deal also.

Cant argue with this philosophy. Smaller is faster is a nice way of looking at it.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PUNISHER
I agree!!
The 705 out of the box Rocks!!
I just put the bling bling or eye candy factor on the car for some purpose.
However, some of the hop-ups are a benefited for the car!! Like the alum. 16t pulley for the front belt that seems to get torn up with the plastic pulley. With the alum. pulley I have seen less strip front belts, go finger. Also the lightweight hollow mid shaft and Ti 2speed shaft has less rotation mass to the car. Have you felt the weight of those stock shafts!?!?!?!
Anyway my car is ROAR legal weight (60oz) with these little goodies on. So I don’t see anything to wrong about having a little eye candy!!

Pictures are from Nizze…Thanks!!

Hey Punisher does Jaco foam also fit the fronts? Thanx!
Old 03-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

InitialD can you post the write up form MYTSN on modify clutch shoes?
Hey Punisher,,

I found the link that you where talking about earlier , it's very interesting i guess i should try this later

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=5674

ciao!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

paulfitipauldi,

That publication is half what I did to my clutch…….
That write up was done when they had the spring on the white shoes. The new centax II clutch has that style now but with a black shoe. The hole for the black shoes and the yellow shoe (in the write up) has the holes for the pin on the side of the shoe

The holes in my shoes are in the Middle of the shoe for a better movement for the shoes when engaged!! The holes on the side of the shoes makes the shoes swing up and out. Causing a late engagement. That’s why 9.2mm is too far for a measurement for the collect nut. I have mine at 9.5mm and it makes my clutch very snappy and very responsive!!

Notice the holes on the shoes......
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-picture-002.jpg  
Old 03-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by Ducati998
Yes they do!!

Those are Super G's
Old 03-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

paulfitipauldi,

That write up was done when they had the spring on the white shoes. The new centax II clutch has that style now but with a black shoe. The hole for the black shoes and the yellow shoe (in the write up) has the holes for the pin on the side of the shoe

The holes in my shoes are in the Middle of the shoe for a better movement for the shoes when engaged!! The holes on the side of the shoes makes the shoes swing up and out. Causing a late engagement. That’s why 9.2mm is too far for a measurement for the collect nut. I have mine at 9.5mm and it makes my clutch very snappy and very responsive!!

Hey Mike, this you get approval from the "F-man" about the technology he develop?

These technology could be his Proprietary ... i did not know of anybody that do this his proven method. There goes his business.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ducati998
Like mine with Jaco on the front, i add a washer before i put the tires.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

paulfitipauldi,

Yeah right,, I understand what you're talking, but I was refering to the yellow shoes, looks the the same that you're using in your centax, I have the black ones, so I need the yellow ones and the modification have to be like you'rs, not the same as the black ones that I already have!!
Old 03-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by nizee
Like mine with Jaco on the front, i add a washer before i put the tires.
Why? Thanx for the reply Punisher and Nizee!
Old 03-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

It adds the correct amount of offset to allow the non elligi/serpent rims to fit without rubbing on the hub carriers.

I personally dont like this system as it allows the rims to buckle more easily under hard cornering. If you are handy with a fret saw, you could try making 1mm hex spacers from plywood. They are cheap and will give better support to the rim.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by modellor
It adds the correct amount of offset to allow the non elligi/serpent rims to fit without rubbing on the hub carriers.

I personally dont like this system as it allows the rims to buckle more easily under hard cornering. If you are handy with a fret saw, you could try making 1mm hex spacers from plywood. They are cheap and will give better support to the rim.
Yes, thats the reason why i add washer to get the correct offset without rubbing on the hub carriers. You have a great idea of making your own spacer. Maybe i should do that tonight. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.