Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by New_Toasted
Hi there!
I have an important question (atleast it's important for my wallet ).
I've got an Impulse PRO upgraded with Centax Clutch and rear belldiffrential. Now my question is, will i have to throw away my Impulse/705 just becuase the 710 will be much better? I'm not a very perfect driver either (YET! ). I don't have the money to buy a 710 but i want to know if i should keep my Impulse or not..
You could get the 705 conversion kit for about $140 from Serpent USA.

I'm still racing a 4 year old Impulse converted to Pro. Its still a good car. Now only if I could drive. Hoping to get a 710
Old 11-26-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Thanks for the replies (and hello Fmolzer ) !
Puh, now my worries are down to zero, especially cause i race in Sweden where R/C's unfortunately is a very small sport. But i think it increasing now when the 1:10 NT has come to stay.
But what ever, my question now is, does the conversion kit include the rear balldiff and centax? In that case I won't need it..

And yes, I'm posting the same reply in 710 forum too.

And again, thanks
Old 11-27-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Prophet

But what ever, my question now is, does the conversion kit include the rear balldiff and centax? In that case I won't need it..
The conversion kit does not come with the Centax of the ball diff. Neither does it come with the rear sway bars.

Watch this space for a 705 conversion that I'll be doing on my Impulse PRO.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Whats the diffrences between the Impulse Pro and 705 except rear ball diff, centax, and a fuel tank för lower LCG?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Whats the diffrences between the Impulse Pro and 705 except rear ball diff, centax, and a fuel tank för lower LCG?
The upper deck (hence throttle servo, battery and receiver placement), left / right side carbon braces, rear sway bar ala Impact... That's all I can think of.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
The upper deck (hence throttle servo, battery and receiver placement), left / right side carbon braces, rear sway bar ala Impact... That's all I can think of.
Not forgetting the centax II clutch and smaller flywheel, different receiver pack, lower engine mounts, different chassis and top deck brace.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

I already have the rear ala Impact swaybar, got it from my Impact .
Is the 705 radioplate much better than the Impulse pro one?
I gotta go so i don't have time to write more
Old 11-27-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Not forgetting the centax II clutch and smaller flywheel, different receiver pack, lower engine mounts, different chassis and top deck brace.
Oh, how could I have slipped that one?
Old 11-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Is the 705 radioplate much better than the Impulse pro one?
Well, the idea of the new radioplate on the 705 is to give the car better CG with the lower receiver pack placement. Also, the throttle / brake servo's new position is an attempt to redistribute the polar moment of the car for better handling. Of course then this is better than the Impulse PRO radioplate.

On another note, I guess that due to the different design and cut out of the 705 radio plate, it somehow does seem stronger than the Impulse PRO radio plate which broke easier upon impact. Just a very unscientific observation of mine...

p/s: I notice you mention that you're going to get a JTech engine. Are you based in Florida?
Old 11-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Well, the idea of the new radioplate on the 705 is to give the car better CG with the lower receiver pack placement. Also, the throttle / brake servo's new position is an attempt to redistribute the polar moment of the car for better handling. Of course then this is better than the Impulse PRO radioplate.

On another note, I guess that due to the different design and cut out of the 705 radio plate, it somehow does seem stronger than the Impulse PRO radio plate which broke easier upon impact. Just a very unscientific observation of mine...

Thanks, but i think i get the Impulse PRO plate cause i got a good deal from a friend.. And (laugh me out now ) the plate i got now is the Streetspec one But not so much longer..

p/s: I notice you mention that you're going to get a JTech engine. Are you based in Florida?
No not really.. I'm based in Sweden, BUT i got a friend who is selling this engine, and he lives in florida.. Fmolzer at this forum if you know him..
Old 11-28-2003, 06:23 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

new toasted.. send fredrick a stock nova .12 and we will send you back something special as the j-techs are not...
Old 11-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

I don't need the super best engines, especially since i don't have money for a brand new racing engine... The one Fredrik's got can i get for 100 USD.. My wallet is not much thicker than so.. The only stock engine i got (or the only 12 enginge i got) is a Nova Mega SX-12 SE EV-2... Maybe not the fastest...
Old 11-29-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hejsan New_Toasted, nice to see some more swedes here!

Where do you race? Im racing at väst-8 then it is a little bit warmer...

Last edited by johan; 11-29-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:15 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yea I spoke with mr molzer last evening, that is a good deal on the j-tech.. and it will be easy to tune and run..
Old 11-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Johan: Hejsan! I'm racing at Staffanstorps HS in Skåne, can't wait untill April when they will open again after the winter... BTW, What car are you running?

ammdrew: Yea, i also thought it would be a great deal for my Impulse, i won't need more power than that in the beginning, a better engine will come with a better driver

Last edited by New_Toasted; 11-29-2003 at 12:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.