Titanium parts may be a lot lighter, they have some drawbacks too. Especially hinge pins and pivot balls will wear quickly against the glass filled nylon parts.
They will cause binding in aeras you don't want binding.
Furthermore it is very possible to get the 705 to below the minimum weight (1715 grams here in europe) without using drastic parts.
- Serpent light wheelaxles front and rear
- Serpent Light middle shaft (you can actually cut a few mm off at the outside pulley)
- Serpent light pully adapters (you could do this mod yourself)
- I used M4 alu screws in the chassis and radiotray where applicable. See http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=5820
- Use the shortest M3 screws where you can. At some places the kit uses M3x8mm where M3x6 would do the job. It saves a few grams here and there.
- I drilled out the bodyposts with a 3mm drill.
- I use a body with simple paint scheme (this can save up to 20 grams if you are used to using a lot of colours)
My car at the Euro's needed 40 grams of extra weight to be legal. I did run without sway bars at that track though....