Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Pit-Racer, that's what I call rubbing shoulders with Ralph Thanks for the cool pics.

Ooophs, I forgot it's FRIDAY
Old 08-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Pit-Racer, that's what I call rubbing shoulders with Ralph Thanks for the cool pics.

Ooophs, I forgot it's FRIDAY
NEIN! I forgot mine, too

Anyway, just looking at Per-Ola Hård's description of the 200mm Euro race, I see the following:

The only real change compared to the standard car is the modified front suspension, these new parts was given to all Serpent racers at the event

Having a look at the talk back section, he says that there is a modification to the front bearing block - to change the roll centre.

Here's a link to the pic of the mod.

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/image.aspi?fiid=39117

Does that count as my Friday picture?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Nein.. That's out right cheating Mark

I don't think Per-Ola meant that the new front bearing block was given by Serpent. He repeated that he had to drill the new hole himself...

Like I did with MINE Yup, that was what I did and posted it a few Fridays ago... Didn't you have a look at it? Or perhaps you only look at D1 pics...
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-front_upper_arm_mod.jpg  
Old 08-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Friday Pics #1

Ok, as promised, I'll post some pics of the car... Just a pic of my recent Lola shell mounted on the 705
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscn4813-small.jpg  
Old 08-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Friday Pics #2

Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscn4810-small.jpg  
Old 08-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Friday Pics #3

Attached Thumbnails Serpent 705-dscn4812-small.jpg  
Old 08-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I dont remember who, but someone posted a while ago that they had a problem achieving equal track width on each side of the rear while keeping the proper camber. This problem arose on my 705 and I found that the kit came with two slightly different rear uprights. I have no means of posting a pic, but one upright was slightly more slanted on the top, causing the 7mm spacer to lean more towards the outside of the car. The overall difference in the height of the entire upright with the spacer was somewhat significantly affected. I exchanged the upright with a spare and the problem was almost fixed. I still have a slight difference in width fropm left to right. I was about to put two of the old uprights (that were 3mm higher) on the car, but I decided not to because I would not be able to get spares.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Proficar403
I dont remember who, but someone posted a while ago that they had a problem achieving equal track width on each side of the rear while keeping the proper camber. This problem arose on my 705 and I found that the kit came with two slightly different rear uprights. I have no means of posting a pic, but one upright was slightly more slanted on the top, causing the 7mm spacer to lean more towards the outside of the car. The overall difference in the height of the entire upright with the spacer was somewhat significantly affected. I exchanged the upright with a spare and the problem was almost fixed. I still have a slight difference in width fropm left to right. I was about to put two of the old uprights (that were 3mm higher) on the car, but I decided not to because I would not be able to get spares.
That was me

It doesn't seem to affect the handling of the car. It seems different batches of uprights have slightly different sizes.

Hey, InitialD, NICE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think you've bought a D1

Which wheels are you using - they look dished
Old 08-14-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Arun, Mark (aka Mr. D1 ) posted about that problem.

Which upright was this? Left or right rear uprights?

I don't notice that problem too much. Perhaps I'm using a spacer less than 7 mm. I think the 7 mm spacer accentuates the problem more.

Perhaps, we should shave off the material on the uprights with a dremel so that both left and right rear uprights come to the same height...

Yes, the older uprights that are higher increases the rear roll center
Old 08-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
I'm starting to think you've bought a D1
Are you saying that as a compliment or are you wanting me to post more pics

If I had that amount of money, I would have gotten myself a 950 already

Which wheels are you using - they look dished
Of course they are dished No camera tricks here

They are actually Speedmind wheels

I find the wheels to be very sturdy and hardy. Does not warp easily. Oh yes, if you use the FC steering blocks, the Speedmind fronts will clear the front knuckles. The older set of knuckles will rub the inner rim.

Still, I cut a piece of lexan in a shape of the hex to act as a spacer to get it to clear the steering turnbuckles.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Are you saying that as a compliment or are you wanting me to post more pics

If I had that amount of money, I would have gotten myself a 950 already

Of course they are dished No camera tricks here

They are actually Speedmind wheels

I find the wheels to be very sturdy and hardy. Does not warp easily. Oh yes, if you use the FC steering blocks, the Speedmind fronts will clear the front knuckles. The older set of knuckles will rub the inner rim.

Still, I cut a piece of lexan in a shape of the hex to act as a spacer to get it to clear the steering turnbuckles.
Making compliments so that you'll post more pics

I think I may build a 950 come winter - someone is interested in buying my big 400mm lens, so there'll be some spare cash for such a project!

Do you know where I can get these wheels in Europe?

Ta for the info on the Dodge body - I'll take a look at getting a couple of those.
Patched my Vectra body back together again - I super-glued some strips of lexan under the areas which are cracked to try and get the rigidity back.

Hopefully I'll hit the track again tomorrow.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default tires

Mark, LRP is using dish rims for their GRP line of tires. Im using them myself atm, since i find dish wheel more solid. I think team-orion is using dish-rims too.

link
Old 08-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Prophet

I think I may build a 950 come winter

someone is interested in buying my big 400mm lens, so there'll be some spare cash for such a project!
Damn... So no more cool D1 pics from you, huh?

Do you know where I can get these wheels in Europe?
No idea. However, some GRP flavours come with dished wheels. I know Ellegi has as FAST tires too.

Patched my Vectra body back together again - I super-glued some strips of lexan under the areas which are cracked to try and get the rigidity back.
Small lexan pieces are very handy to have in the toolbox for these kind of things...
Old 08-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Damn... So no more cool D1 pics from you, huh?

No idea. However, some GRP flavours come with dished wheels. I know Ellegi has as FAST tires too.

Small lexan pieces are very handy to have in the toolbox for these kind of things...
Don't worry, the D1 pictures are not affected by the sale of the 400mm - I've not used this lens for any photos for a couple of years, as it is simply too large to carry - I use an 80-200mm for the race photos these days. The 400mm used to be the minimum useful length on the F1 circuits, as the gravel traps are so big these days that with smaller lenses you can see anything of the cars!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Don't worry, the D1 pictures are not affected by the sale of the 400mm
Pheew...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.