Search

Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Picks as in pics? I'll try to post some even if it's not Friday yet
Yes, I meant pics as in pictures. I'm allowed one mistake every 10 yrs.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Well it looks like I'll be attending the sedan nats in Calif. #140. So I'll be trying diff. things out until then, any pos. input is appreciated.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

ok...i was looking at the clutch nut today and i try to see if my glow plug wrech would screw it in... unfortunatly... it doesnt... i got the dubro one... 4 way ... wat mm socket wrench do i need??
Old 07-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

You can go buy a cheap set of socket wrenches at a local auto parts store if you're trying to save some $$$.Try and get the long sockets as I did when Sears had a sale for like $9.

....and tracy didn't win this weekend!...GO McDonald's!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Smile

Welcome back to the 705 forum Pit-Racer!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Punisher.
I need to upgrade some stuff like part #808138 and maybe the new 2-speed shoes
Old 07-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Anyone have any part numbers for a serpent ball or gear dif for the front of the 705. On short twisty tracks that require a lot of breaking I would like to have the ability to throw in another type of diff if need be. Any suggestion? Ball/Gear/solid? The stock one way has a really small pully unlike the rear ball dif. Is this small pully size available for a front ball/gear/solid dif?
#801370 is the front gear differential
#801240 is the soild front axle

With any of these you would need the standard diff. driveshaft adapters #801388.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

i know he didnt win... that was from long beach... and bourdais is goin to have a really slow car cuz all that grease and oil from that mcdonalds sign is goin to weigh him down.. haha
Old 07-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

ok... i think i should get this pack... everyone else think its ok to get?
Old 07-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up SET UP!

Originally posted by superk
Well...I was out raceing last weekend with the 705! some how..I can't get the rear of the car to stay where i want it! over steer going in an understeer comming out (at lowspeed tight connor) Not sure how to fix it. But..some how....I manage to get up to the B main wich is pritty good for the 1st time on this track with a really loose end car. Since I see some chunk on my tyers ..so..I decided to change the tyers befor the main with out test driving it!! BIG MISS TAKE!! I keep telling my self not to do any chang up befor the main ..but some how..I did... DORR~ so now the car acting even worse!!!! I have to turn down my dule rate to 25%!!! and have to leave it it for the whole 15min race!! that is sux bad!!! Any how...I manage to finish 5th in the B ...which is my qualify position. So..I guess that is not a bad things. I'm sure I cound done better if I have the right setup!!

Supra..I make my own batteries...it works great! not a problem. I jus bought 8cells AAA GP 800mA off the eaby and only cost me $22 shiped. Since I also race electric...I don't have any problem building my own RX pack. good luck to you.

Any one have any good setup for a PARKING LOT TRACK?? I like to get a copy of the setup. I like my car to swing a bit when enter the connor then grip comming out.

TRIX PLEASE!
Try the set up I posted a few pages back on this thread........I race on parking lots and this set up gives me lots of turn in and tracktion coming off.
I hope you like it!
Old 07-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

YES SUPRA just please go ahead and get it. like someone said earlier (D or modellor? ) if you have no experience, i suggest you buy pre-made ones. don't want your $300+ car running around by itself just because you wanted to save $5 right?

but, since it's not that hard of a job to do. and if you do decide to try it, make sure to get 5 AAA size batteries. look for them on ebay or lhs. get 700+mah and it would help if it has taps soldered on already.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by superk
Well...I was out raceing last weekend with the 705! some how..I can't get the rear of the car to stay where i want it! over steer going in an understeer comming out (at lowspeed tight connor) Not sure how to fix it. But..some how....I manage to get up to the B main wich is pritty good for the 1st time on this track with a really loose end car. Since I see some chunk on my tyers ..so..I decided to change the tyers befor the main with out test driving it!! BIG MISS TAKE!! I keep telling my self not to do any chang up befor the main ..but some how..I did... DORR~ so now the car acting even worse!!!! I have to turn down my dule rate to 25%!!! and have to leave it it for the whole 15min race!! that is sux bad!!! Any how...I manage to finish 5th in the B ...which is my qualify position. So..I guess that is not a bad things. I'm sure I cound done better if I have the right setup!!

Supra..I make my own batteries...it works great! not a problem. I jus bought 8cells AAA GP 800mA off the eaby and only cost me $22 shiped. Since I also race electric...I don't have any problem building my own RX pack. good luck to you.

Any one have any good setup for a PARKING LOT TRACK?? I like to get a copy of the setup. I like my car to swing a bit when enter the connor then grip comming out.

TRIX PLEASE!
superk, what tires were you using? Shore?

Too much steering off power going in to a corner could be too much rear droop. Limit the rear droop a little and it should cure your problem. For the on power steering coming out of the corners, you might want to try more front droop.

What you could try to do (if you have this option) is also to stiffen the rear sway bar). More on power steering. A quick way that I use when I get into the same kind of problem you have is to stiffen up the front and use more front caster (more clips in the front of the arm).

Perhaps you could post your settings and let us have a go at what is wrong with your setup.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pit-racer
You can go buy a cheap set of socket wrenches at a local auto parts store if you're trying to save some $$$.Try and get the long sockets as I did when Sears had a sale for like $9.
Yes, 10 mm one
Old 07-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Thanks Punisher.
I need to upgrade some stuff like part #808138 and maybe the new 2-speed shoes
Punisher, you do not need to get the 808138. You can get just the shock tower which is 808139. Don't mind searching in the mytsn/products because it is not listed there. The 808138 comes with the other screw and ball stuff which you probably already have it. I'll post a pic (pics or pictures) shortly as promised

Anyway, do you have problems with the current 2 speed shoes? Seems to work fine for me. The new one apparently has the additional grub scew for fine tuning, a better material and grabs better... So Serpent says.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
[BWith any of these you would need the standard diff. driveshaft adapters #801388. [/B]
I would get the Hudy hardened steel diff pro adapters (801393).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.