Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Q's (no not motor tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Don't be a hater Brad!!

Graphic description of Brad's race program ------> (spinning his wheels)
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Don't be a hater Brad!!

Graphic description of Brad's race program ------> (spinning his wheels)

Thats pretty funny........
Old 11-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

http://web.archive.org/web/200304021...m/tipspage.htm

http://www.nitrorc.com/articles/foamtires/default.asp

http://www.nitrorc.com/articles/tires/tirepart1.html

Those are the sites I found over the past year that had a perception of giving valid understandable information.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Fisher be nice now. seems that mongoose wheel spinning program did ok at paris. I'll reserve comment about that other joint.
Ira you believe all that stuff yer slinging?? Seems a lowly R40 took it to everyone and with a 1-5 points spread of 9 I would say thay what your slinging is an opinion. period.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey Dennis:

I never mentioned any of Brads cars. He runs 1/8th scale too. I am just teasing him.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

??
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys I like hearing others opinions, it kind of gives me an idea on the opinion of a car by a real r/c racer.

And just to let you know I have been racing for about 3 years and know a lot about car setup, tires and other stuff. I just have never really been around nitro on-road too much to know all of the cool tips and tricks that help the cars. Where is a good place to get parts and acessories for the Mugen on- road cars? I have been calling aroung to Tower, Stormer, Ace and other hobby stores but none of them have MTX4s in stock or V1RRRs. As for the difference between these two cars I am still not shure... I keep going back and forth. Do any of you compete in the HOA series in the midwest? WHat was the hot car for those tracks?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:29 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motorman
Hey Fisher be nice now. seems that mongoose wheel spinning program did ok at paris. I'll reserve comment about that other joint.
Ira you believe all that stuff yer slinging?? Seems a lowly R40 took it to everyone and with a 1-5 points spread of 9 I would say thay what your slinging is an opinion. period.
I would have TQ'd that weekend if it was not for a motor problem, seems to me I turned fast lap for that weekend (with out pushing the car to its limit) Correct me if I am wrong, I lapped up to third place. All with the MTX3
Dennis are you and others go to the winter nats in February?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ira
I would have TQ'd that weekend if it was not for a motor problem, seems to me I turned fast lap for that weekend (with out pushing the car to its limit) Correct me if I am wrong, I lapped up to third place. All with the MTX3
Dennis are you and others go to the winter nats in February?
Ira, I do believe that this year's midwest series had 5 different sedans in the top 5, Chris R40, Ira mtx3, Dan rrr,Tom 710,and Ray j with the goose. All very competive cars and drivers. When your a sponcored driver your veiw points about others cars can be some what mis leading. If your sponcered by Mugen, serpent or hpi ect. your going to hype up your sponcor product. The only driver out of the five I mentioned that is not a sponcored driver,is Dan. Here's the big question! Dan can pick and choose to race any sedan he wants and which one did he choose???????????? RRR Later dude

BTW Dan and I will be at the NATS!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Z
Tech Master

Trey

The first and second in HOA points were both MTX-3. Third was a Serpent 710.

Z
Old 11-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ira
I don't think were going to the winternats, I just cannot justify a whole week to run a single car. However we will be hitting some early season vegas/cali stuff. I would prefer to run two or three 3 or 4 day races if I have a choice.

PS seems to me two goose rides qualified 1 and 2 at toledo and the finish was goose 1 and an R40 2. If memory serves.

This is the point well said

midwest series had 5 different sedans in the top 5, Chris R40, Ira mtx3, Dan rrr,Tom 710,and Ray j with the goose. All very competive cars and drivers.
Save the hype for the blond chicks at the strip joint.

Last edited by Motorman; 11-21-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mldcb
Trey

The first and second in HOA points were both MTX-3. Third was a Serpent 710.

Z

Thanks Mark do you know anyone with a good used MTX3 for sale? If that is the car that people are running, and winning with in my area I think it would be good to go with... I know that in off-road there was one Nova motor that me and my dad loved...P5 Is there an equivelent for that motor on on-road, what i mean is a really strong but not excessive motor, but don't get me wrong it had tons of power, for a decent price for the dolla.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Z
Tech Master

I do know where there is a good used MTX-3 with motor. I will tell you all about it on wed.

Z
Old 11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc racing dude
Ira, I do believe that this year's midwest series had 5 different sedans in the top 5, Chris R40, Ira mtx3, Dan rrr,Tom 710,and Ray j with the goose. All very competive cars and drivers. When your a sponcored driver your veiw points about others cars can be some what mis leading. If your sponcered by Mugen, serpent or hpi ect. your going to hype up your sponcor product. The only driver out of the five I mentioned that is not a sponcored driver,is Dan. Here's the big question! Dan can pick and choose to race any sedan he wants and which one did he choose???????????? RRR Later dude

BTW Dan and I will be at the NATS!!!!
Hope to see you and Dan there, look this can go on forever. I had a great time racing with every one in the Midwest Series.

Dennis that was one race, period

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.