2015 IFMAR World Championship 1/8 @ Brazil: Nov 7 - 21

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2015 IFMAR World Championship 1/8 @ Brazil: Nov 7 - 21

It's coming
http://ifmarbrazil.com/site/

Let's chat here and see who is the champ this time.

IFMAR WC Schedule 12~22/November
Day 07/Nov Saturday to Day 12/Nov Thursday : The track will be closed.
Day 12 – Thursday: Track Closed, registration 16:00~20:00 hours.
Day 12/Nov – Thursday: Track Closed, registration 16:00~20:00 hours.
Day 13/Nov – Friday: Registration from 08.00 till 19.00
Day 13/Nov – Friday (IPD): Track open from 08.00-18.00 heats of max 15 registrated drivers.
Day 14/Nov – Saturday (IPD): Track open from 0800-1800 heats of max 15 registrated drivers.
Day 15/Nov – Sunday: Controlled practice, all drivers 10 heats/15 drivers x 6, seeding end of the day based on 3 consecutives laps
Day 16/Nov – Monday: Controlled practice, all drivers 10 heats/15 drivers x 6, seeding end of the days based on 3 consecutive laps. Opening Ceremony.
Day 17/Nov – Tuesday: Timed practice, 15 heats/10 drivers x 4, seeding based on 3 laps
Day 18/Nov – Wednesday: 3 rounds of qualifying, qualifying
Day 19/Nov – Thursday: 3 rounds of qualifying, qualifying
Day 20/Nov – Friday: Lower finals
Day 21/Nov – Saturday: 1/8 1⁄4 1⁄2 final, prize giving top 3 + banquet/prize giving top 24 Spare day for special circumstances on Saturday + prize giving
Day 22/Nov – Sunday: Spare Day
Old 11-11-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds good...

The website says it's RC Timing, but at MyRCM, there's no registration of the event, have you found one? Is anyone covering the event for media?

Warm Ups
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

but from the previous entries list, there were so many entries from other countries.
i hope liverc or redrc covers it.
from what i checked the japan team from jmrca.jp, some big name missing too.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

If they can't get the MYRCM event and timing stream working, then media seems a long way off.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default From LiveRC

1/2/2014
By Aaron Waldron

LiveRC.com

LiveRC will once again stream all three IFMAR World Championships to be held in 2015, zig-zagging across the globe to bring you the most exciting racing action anywhere. On the schedule for this season includes the highly anticipated return to Yatabe Arena for the 1:10 Electric Off-Road race, marking twenty years since Matt Francis and Mark Pavidis won at the famous indoor facility - though this time, the race is expected to be held on astroturf and that alone could spell doom for the dominant U.S. contingent that swept both of the last two bi-annual championships. With many of the brightest stars in 1:10 Electric Off-Road switching teams for 2015 - including 2013 4WD runner-up and local favorite Naoto Matsukura - we simply can't wait for October to get here.

Before we head to Japan, however, we'll be in Kuala Lumpur to bring you some large-scale racing with the 1:5 Scale Touring Car Worlds set to go down in the capitol of Malaysia. Within the stunning city sits a beautiful paved outdoor circuit with plenty of room for the largest RC cars in IFMAR competition to stretch their legs - and the battle for the division's most prestigious title is sure to thrill throngs of RC racing fans who've never before seen competitive 1:5 Touring Car racing. Seven different drivers have won the previous seven championships held in the class, and it's anyone's guess who'll climb the podium this year.

The final international race of the season, despite rumors of a location change, is scheduled for Americana City, Brazil as IFMAR's oldest and fastest racing class - 1:8 Nitro On-Road - will compete over ten days in November. The all-time IFMAR record holder for most titles in a single class, Italian star Lamberto Collari, had a four-race win streak when Mugen designer Robert Pietsch stole the show in 2011 on the sunny shores of Florida, and Collari chose not to attend the 2013 event where Japanese driver Tadahiko Sahashi claimed the win on home turf. The twentieth running of the 1:8 IC Track World Championship will no doubt provide some of the most stunning highlights of the 2015 season.

Press release from IFMAR:

IFMAR World Championships - 1:5 Scale Touring Car
FEMCA Bloc - Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: September 4-12

IFMAR World Championships - 1:10 Electric Off-Road
FEMCA Bloc - Location: Yataba Arena, Tsukuba City, Japan
Date: October 3-10

IFMAR World Championships - 1:8 IC Track
FAMAR Block - Location: Americana City, Brazil
Date: November 12-22

From LiveRC

liverc.com news announcements
8902-IFMAR_World_Championship_schedule_for_2015_announc ed

Regards
Mauro
Old 11-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Cool thanks I hope the boys at LiveRC don't have any dramas like they did last time in South America.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Great! there is a coverage from liveRC. but what was the hiccup last time?
There are new cars to be debut in this race, Xray, Mugen, Infinity. This race should be a lot to discuss. And a lot of new car owners are here to pick as well.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

The hiccup was at the Argentinian worlds getting the promised connection speeds. The ISP in argentina let LiveRC down and they couldn't get the stream fast enough for the vids.It wasnt liveRC fault, they did everything they could. Lets hope Brazil holds their side of the deal this time.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

the data cost, namely dedicated internet access(DIA) that the Live coverage requies to broadcast, which is the telco product, which is a guaranteed bandwidth Vs broadband(BBS) a shared base and best effort for the usage is very expensive in some countries. I thought Argentina was one, i hope Brazil is not, but i would doubt that.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm from Brazil, and I've been involved in RC-Cars for some decades. Still miss the sound, smell and all the stress. I participated (as a mechanic, my son was the driver) of the last IFMAR 1/10 here, and I invited “Rick Mears” from “old” sgrid magazine site to stay with us in that period. It was very nice to know him and all the guys that where here in that occasion. I’m aware from RC-CARS for about 7 years now, and I didn’t know the track. I’m an IT guy.

It is not so expensive to have a “good” internet connection here. Of course, if it is needed a “special” dedicated access (fixed IP), ok it may be expensive. In my home office I have a very stable and decent connection (100MB down, 60 MB up – fiber optics) for about US$ 40 a month. I work with remote technical support from my home office, and the connection is ok, almost 99%.

Like I said I didn’t know the trach (probability I’ll be there tomorrow, Saturday, and in the finals), but if the guys from LIVERC or the organization planned “some days” ahead the event, the internet connection “should” not be a problem. It is unimaginable these days not to broadcast an event like this because internet connection. Hope it will be ok. If I get some information I’ll be back. (Sorry my English).

Regards, Mauro
Old 11-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

10mb/s would cater for a 720p HD stream. Thanks for the updates.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

it is very good to hear and know that you are helping there, Mauro.
When is LiveRC going to broadcast?
Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Choisan
I'm not envolved with the event, at all. I’m “away” from Rc-Cars for a while now. Like you, I just "HOPE" that LiveRC will manage to broadcast from there. But, as a spectator, I pretend to be at track tomorrow and in the finals. Perhaps I’ll have some news about this tomorrow at track.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main

DJ Apolaro
Old 11-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

lovely DJ, thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.