Search

Team Magic G4 Family--The Joy of Driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
hey nick!

do you have a base set-up sheet that you can send me?

carlo d.

You can enter to www.teammagic.com.tw and then to the download section of the website to find setups ...

cya !

Old 11-10-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Le Mans G4 with Lola body. The car drives like a racing car, with similar lap times to a Novarossi powered G4 touring car. The most important is that you don't need to do anything & it can be that fast.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

When will the LeMans G4 go on sell Nickko???

RC_Alan
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
When will the LeMans G4 go on sell Nickko???

RC_Alan
I just received an email from TM saying the LeMans G4 was now available for sale

Hope the clutch and brakes issues have been addressed!

BB
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

the le mans come with a standard clutch and not with a centax style or the new ufo clutch
dieter
Old 11-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

From the stats and the way it looks, I think the LeMans G4 will be the best RTR on the market... Great Job TM...

RC_Alan
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Le Mans G4 is using new 502259 brake pulley.

Below is the small package of Le Mans G4 Lola version. We will have GTP version available soon.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default National Finals 2005 in Puerto Rico (200mm ROAR rules)

Hi all !!

Nick asked me to share my weekend experience so here it is ...

Wow, im very very happy ... yesterday (Sunday, November 13th) was my birthday (31 years old baby !!!) and i raced at the Puerto Rican last stage of the National Championship ending in 4th place with my Team Magic G4 Evo. I must say that for me its a BIG accomplishment mainly cause :

- In my country RC Racing is not that big, and in Puerto Rico (USA Territory) the people race very good and very hard, with some experienced pilots that run with factory support as Serpent or Mugen.

- A lot of people run on heavily modified engines, mine its a STS Modified for our friend AFM on the phorums and even when the engine its great, i got a headache trying to tuning the engine for Puerto Rican heavily humid and hot weather (in my Country, Chile, that was NOT an issue heheheheh).

- I was the only one on the event running rubber tires over 35 (more or less) other pilots on sedan legal class running foams. I race with a sponsorship from Alpha RC Racing Tires from Brazil, so the factory owner asked me to try the rubbers on this event, specially to test the tires on such a special weather as here. And i was the only G4 car too.

Well, i will tell you the history of race under my point of view (hope to see some official thread over here soon) :

- The track have about 185 feet long straight (about 56 meters of back straight), with one 90-270 curve section and 2 180º curves. 2 hight speed curves and a fast sweeper after the 90-270 section (see the pic below).

- Free track for all people from 06.30am to about 10.00am. The track was wet because of heavy rain the night before. A lot of people worked hard to dry the track.

- The 5 minutes qualifies started at about 11.00hrs because all people wanted to wait the more possble time in order to dry the track, at 11.00hrs we started on a semi-dry track. I ended first on my group with 15 laps in 5 minutes with a good difference over the 2nd.

- The event had various classes, and the order was like Sedan Legal 200mm, Outlaw 1/10 and Electric Modified Sedan Class.

- After the first 2 qualifies of the Sedan Legal Class, started to rain HARD for about 5 minutes, the track ended soaked up ... so a lot of people again started to work on dry the track specially with gasoline air blowers. I was amazed about the weather over here, after the 5 minutes hard rain we got a VERY HOT sun over us.

- After the work on the track, it ended wet but without "little lagoons" so the competition started again. All the other qualifies were over this wet-track condition.

- On the second 5 minutes qualify ended first again, but with little margin over the second this time. 13 laps on 5 minutes over very wet track.

- After seeing how the track becomed dry qualify over qualify, the pilots kept improving laptimes. At the end of the qualifies, i realized that i was on the A-Main, on 6th place !!.

- The mains started with Sedan D-Main, and then C-Main, B-Main, then B-Main for Outlaw Nitro and A-Main Electric Sedan. The last 2 were A-Main Sedan Legal and A-Main Outlaw nitro, with the 2 of them raced with low sunlight to completely darkness (lucky us cause the track have a good light system, shame on me racing with a dark painted body that i almost losted a couple of times during the race on the farther high speed curve at the end of the straight).

- Ready for the 30 minutes A-Main action and the race started, i started suposely in 6th position but my pitman did a little mistake and put my car on the asphalt a little late so i ended starting at last position (after that, he did a hell of a good job, faster laps and a couple of touch on the high end needle to put the engine in racing conditions), and after that :

a.- Minute 0 to 5 : Being at the last place on the start, i was trying hard to get into the group of pilots that were fighting positions. My first 2 laps were a little on the slow side 'cause i need it time to warm the rubbers up but after that i was in full racing pace. About 1 minute before the first pistop i felt my car was not running at all, so i asked to my pitman to lean a little the high needle when i entered for refuel.

b.- Minute 6 to 10 : After leaning the engine, it started to move very quickly on the track and i felt very well with its performance, by the end of the minute 10 i was in 8th position.

c.- Minute 11 to 15 : After a couple of good moves and fast refueling at minute 15, i ended at 6th place.

d.- Minute 16 to 20 : This was my best 5 minutes of racing, the engine performance was great and my hands were doing good, so i went up to 4th place.

e.- Minute 21 to 25 : My worse part of the race, i made a couple of great passing moves but then i did a couple of very stupid moves wich ended on 2 spins and 1 "wheel-up" car. Lucky me i maintained the 4th place just for 1 lap.

f.- Minute 26 to 30 : Even with a fast car, i noted that i was seeing sparks going from the back of my car ... at the end of the race i saw that i took a bad desition (see mistakes sections below) on tires and i ended the race on the inserts on the left side of the car so i had just 1-2 milimeter of suspension travel.

g.- I ended the race in 4th place. The 3 first pilots were very fast, if i remember well the first place did 92 laps, the 2nd and 3rd did 91 and i made 85. 5th place with 80 and 6th place with 79 (i dont remember the rest). Not bad for rubber tires !!.

- My main mistakes :

1.- Refueling strategy. My engine was giving me about 6 minutes of run time and even with that i asked for my pit man to call me in every 5 minutes, so i ended doing 1 pit stop more than the ideal.

2.- Tire Selection. Alpha RC Racing Tires makes 5 different compounds (2 softs, 2 mediums and 1 hard) and i was running the softest of the mediums and as you will see at the pics below, i made a bad choice running the softest of the medium compount. The tires for that 30 minutes racing should been the hardest of the mediums or directly the hard compound.

My Equipment :

- Futaba 3PDF Radio.
- Hitec 535HB Servos for steering and gas/break (G4 dont need a very powerful steering servo with that amazing 8 ball bearing supported steering system).
- STS D3R Engine Modified by Alfonso Florez - GPP Model Racing - PERU (AFM on the forums), with STS inline pipe.
- On the centax i installed Kyosho Hard spring (sorry TM, here in PR didnt found the hard KFactory spring !!)
- Alpha RC Racing Tires (rubbers) - Brazil.
- Protoform Nemesis Body -- Painted by my Wife.
- Maxys Fuels 30%.

My Setup :

Front :
- Camber 2º.
- Toe Out 0º
- 50 wt shock oil
- Aqua color shock springs (Team Magic ones)
- Shocks in the more vertical position
- 4,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- Caster with the thin spacers on the back and the big one on the front.
- No stabilization bar installed.

Rear :
- Camber 4º
- Toe In 3º
- 50wt shock oil
- Purple color shock springs (Team Magic)
- Shocks on the more horizontal position
- 5,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- No stabilization bar installed.
- 19/52 and 23/48 pinion/spur combination

The organization of the event was amazing, good music, good qualify and mains organizations and timing between them, good food (wow, that hamburgers were amazing !!). And the people in Puerto Rico are very good pilots and over that are very very friendly and supportive.

Now i will have the entire week to work on my Hotel Room cleaning and checking my car, and me race-ready for the next race in November 27th, one day before i leave this wonderful country to go back to Chile.

The Pics (sorry about the bad quality but i taken from my camcorder so they are just 1 megapixel, and by the way, i didnt took one single picture of myself !!! ... next time i will ask for some one to shoot me with the camera) :

Thanks to :

- Team Magic (Nick Ko) for the support (specially inspiring my spirit about the G4 performance).
- Alfonso Florez (www.gppmodelracing.com) for the STS engine and the Car (he sells Team Magic in Peru).
- Alpha RC Racing Tires, for the excelent product you have. Really incredible performance i never saw on rubber tires v/s foams.
- The Puerto Rican friends i made since the first day i put a foot on this island.

You can see a couple of videos at (i think my car appears a little, its a Black /Graphite one with White stripes along the upper part of the body) :

Primer Video

Segundo Video

Cya next time !!.

Last edited by Tabushi; 11-14-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Patricio!!!
Its been a pleasure meetting you, and we hope you had a Blast here at the Island!
Here are a few more Pictures of the Race!
Heres Tabushi with Paul (Paulfittipauldi)

The Wet Track

The "A" Main

The Start of the Race

Patricio's (Tabushi) Car
Old 11-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

(on the first picture, im the fat one with the gray "Chile" T-Shirt and cap )

Wow i didnt know about this pics !!! ... thanks a lot man !! ...

Was a hell of a great weekend for me ... you have a great group of pilots/friends in P.R. !!! ...

Cya next race (Carolina again or Barceloneta ?).

If you can, please email me your whole pack of pics, i need them for my website. I have more videos i have to edit before posting them.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Patricio is this the Desing you Whant?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Yes !! ... and please treat me with love on the $$$ side ... we have to talk cause i would like to be careful on the holes positions in order to not kill the design zones, and i think i will need my name on it ...

I will try to contact you this week ...

Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi

Wow, im very very happy ... yesterday (Sunday, November 13th) was my birthday (31 years old baby !!!) and i raced at the Puerto Rican last stage of the National Championship ending in 4th place with my Team Magic G4 Evo. I must say that for me its a BIG accomplishment........

Thanks to :

- Alfonso Florez (AFM on the forums), for the STS D3R Engine Modified by Him - GPP Model Racing - PERU (www.gppmodelracing.com) with STS inline pipe................ and the Car (he sells Team Magic in Peru).

Pato

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Given the conditions you raced on, that is a hell of a result.

Thanks for your kind words....STS, Team Magic and myself are here to support you anytime.

Un Abrazo
AFM
Old 11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for your words Alfonso,

Im writing right now a couple of lines for you exclusively about the STS Engine so you can have my feedback about it and give me some advices ... thanks for the support !! ... 'till now im sold to STS ...

cya !!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=11679

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.