Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new guy.. Inferno GT2 race spec

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new guy.. Inferno GT2 race spec

Hello all, so i just got my first RC car from my wife, she had bought me the audi r8 gt2. for starters this controller is confusing! maybe someone can help me understand it? The controller is a Prefex kt-201...
i have also been told theres not many speed mods i can do to this because it is a nitro? like i said I'm new to this so just want to learn, and hear what others used to mod theres... When i went into the store the guy had told me to get 20% nitro as it is my first car and i can always go up on fuel just not down, can i get others opinions on that to, as the manual says to stick with same fuel...

thank you for your time
Old 07-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What are you looking to do? Race or just have fun? Have you broken the engine in? It's a rule of thumb to stick with fuel to avoid tuning issues and what not but it won't blow up or nothing
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by illmatic94
What are you looking to do? Race or just have fun? Have you broken the engine in? It's a rule of thumb to stick with fuel to avoid tuning issues and what not but it won't blow up or nothing
thank you for your reply, right now i am just looking to have fun, i love speed! the wife figured instead of me putting so much money into my cars i can have one of these and spend less. i have never owned one before. i haven't broken it in yet because i was told you want to break it in for atleast an hour. so i planned on waiting until saturday to do this
Old 07-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quattro4
thank you for your reply, right now i am just looking to have fun, i love speed! the wife figured instead of me putting so much money into my cars i can have one of these and spend less. i have never owned one before. i haven't broken it in yet because i was told you want to break it in for atleast an hour. so i planned on waiting until saturday to do this
wow your fresh lol. you dont have to run it in all at once. im gonna make the break in basic for you. keep the engine above 200 degree and below 250. run it at that temp for a total of 20 mins at no more than half throttle. dont be agressive with the throttle either. after that you can add more speed slowly. loook up the heat cycle method to breaking in
Old 07-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by illmatic94
wow your fresh lol. you dont have to run it in all at once. im gonna make the break in basic for you. keep the engine above 200 degree and below 250. run it at that temp for a total of 20 mins at no more than half throttle. dont be agressive with the throttle either. after that you can add more speed slowly. loook up the heat cycle method to breaking in

Okay cool thank you. how do i determine the engine temp? will that fancy controller tell me or something? i will get on looking up the heat cycle method.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Okay cool thank you. how do i determine the engine temp? will that fancy controller tell me or something? i will get on looking up the heat cycle method.
just buy a temp gun. its very needed. the engine break in instrucions will sound confusing and overwhelming. but you just need to get the engine up to normal temp (220 isH) and drive it for about 30 minutes non aggresivly.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

For break in is better to have at hand a temp gun and a heat gun. The first one for controlling the temps around 200-220F, the second one is for heating the engine before firing up, that will help for loosing your engine piston/sleeve a little bit making starting easier and your fingers will not suffer from blisters with the pull start.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

if your lazy you could just use a hair dryer but it wont get hot enough
Old 07-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I learned the hard way when I started.
Go get yourself a proper glow plug igniter with c-size battery.
Don't trust those AA size or D size battery igniter.
Also, if you want to invest more, get a starter box as well.
Your hands will thank you later....
Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bingo883
I learned the hard way when I started.
Go get yourself a proper glow plug igniter with c-size battery.
Don't trust those AA size or D size battery igniter.
Also, if you want to invest more, get a starter box as well.
Your hands will thank you later....
I didn't mean to 1 up this comment but I've actually bought a lipo glow ignitor and it's the greatest thing ever. Only charged about 2 times since March lol
Old 07-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Rookie

lol i have no clue what you guys said time to research those... i take it aluminum parts are a good upgrade, or what I'm seeing upgrades are called hop ups?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

lol i have no clue what you guys said time to research those... i take it aluminum parts are a good upgrade, or what I'm seeing upgrades are called hop ups?
Ehh I don't spend money on aluminum . Just looks nice . Some cases it's better to have certain parts break