Mike Swauger and Ace Hobbies, Nov 19th and 20th

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Damn, too bad I don't live in Cali!!!

Dom
Too bad i live in Sydney, Australia!!!

You guys in the USA are lucky! Our market is "too small" to justify something like this!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

whats up mike

i guess we will have to see what can be done

hello rody

this is our way of giving back to the customers and mugens way of showing their support

thanks

kevin @ ace
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Live webcam.....I don't think is the best way to go because I don't think they send audio with it. People might not have the oppertunity to watch it when it broadcasts.

Video's uploaded onto a web server where people can download it is the way to go. This way, people are able to view it whenever they are able to. People can then send the video to other people as well in the future - If the server goes down, someone will have it on their computer and hopefully they will distribute them to lucky people.

You guys got a high quality digital camcorder? If not, maybe someone that goes can bring theirs

Too bad I'm from the North West.....Cali gets everything!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

What a super program Kevin! I wish I could be there but a mauscript as mentioned would be great.. or have it taped and we could get cd's of this seminar.

I want to say thanks for the help at the Paris race. You were looking good standing on that chair wheeling that car!!!!! I am going to start standing on chairs from now on and maybe get those same results!!!! Okay I know.. not likely... but thanks again!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

hello sam

you are more than welcome to attend if you want, its open to everyone that wants to stop by

we are not entirely sure how we will run the program yet. our web developer has not gotten back to us yet, but i think the idea of taping sessions, or certain topics would be the best bet and then uploading them to the site for people do download at their leisure.

i agree with tnbigdawg that the audio and video on live webcast stuff sort of sucks, video taping the event will probably be the best bet.

we are going to work with mike and try to put together some sort of agenda of what topics are going to be covered and in what order and all

no problems at all on helping you out in vegas, happy to see you had a good time there as well as everyone else

talk to you all soon

kevin @ ace
Old 10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default MRX-4 Chassis Adjustments/Set-ups

I have ran touring cars for 2 years now and I will begin next season in 1/8 (MRX4). I have been told by many drivers that the 1/8 scale cars respond to each adjustment slightly different than the touring cars (concerning which adjustments to make first, second, and third) when dialing in the car. For example, I was told that I only need the white shock springs. Also, I was told that I only need 35 shore tires mainly. For touring cars, those were two of the first tuning options I would use. So for 1/8, what is the order of tuning?

Mike - Can you provide to us how you "dial in" the MRX starting with "stage 1 or course" adjustments down the the "fine tuning adjustments". I would like to be able to print it out and take it to the track for future reference.

I do have my XXX set-up guide for touring cars but I am guessing that there are some slight differences.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dremelboy
hello jo

we will see what we can put together for people that cannot attend.

whats up jake,

i have been studying "hard" at the library. my study partner hope has been just inspiring at getting me to learn. she possesses a skill like no other

we will see you there

take care all

kevin

hmmz..

does her 2 speed comes in early or late?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

hey JAG Racing

keep in touch with us at the shop or keep your eyes peeled on this topic over the next few weeks.

i am sue as we get closer to the event we will have a better idea of exactly how we will be running the program.

i will bring up what you have mentioned however, sedans and 1/8th kits have lots of similar looking things on them but they work very differently from each other with some changes.

what are your thoughts on videotaping and uploading to the site for downloading

let us know

thanks

kevin @ ace
Old 10-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dremelboy
hey JAG Racing
what are your thoughts on videotaping and uploading to the site for downloading
let us know
thanks
kevin @ ace
Videos do sound good. My only suggestion would be to break up the video into small discrete subjects to keep the videos reasonable in size (<25MB) or so.

As far as what I am looking for it would be preferred as a written document or chart matrix.

I'll stay tuned!! & Thanks!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rody
Too bad i live in Sydney, Australia!!!

You guys in the USA are lucky! Our market is "too small" to justify something like this!
hey rody i spose we can get simon cammo to do a seminar at the jets club but i dont think as much interest will surround the old cammo...
Old 10-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dremelboy
Ask Mike when is he coming back to Hawaii to race with us again
Old 10-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a chance people will race against Mike....I'm sure a little advice while ur driving next to Mike in the drivers stand whould be nice or something...
Old 10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mike and Mugen USA

Hey guys, I know youve seen Mike on many of the threads around here. The greatest thing about Mike is that you can ask a question on this or any thread and he will answer any question you have pertaining to a Mugen car. I know that Ive posted many of times theres nothing like a team Mugen driver. Always helpful. Thats why I will never drive for anyone else....Kurt
Old 10-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

kevin

This is a great thing!!! i've been racing and traveling with mike for alittle over a year now and i've learned alot from him. im glad that he's my teammate. the biggest thing i've learned is... he'd do anything for a maker's and coke!!!!

just playin!!! i hope your seminar is a big hit!!!!

if this isn't support from Mugen U.S.A.. i dont know what is....

darin
Old 10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ish your football team is hurtin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.