R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   ntc3 starter box? sorry, had 2 ask... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/88261-ntc3-starter-box-sorry-had-2-ask.html)

swaybar 10-24-2005 06:33 PM

ntc3 starter box? sorry, had 2 ask...

I've been using my ofna blue w chrome top box to start my ntc3 and I'm looking for a better fitting box. One I can just put the car on and start it more easily than the box i'm currently using. Is the associated box any good? I've heard good and bad. What batteries are best for it? Is there a better box in anyone's opinion for the ntc3. Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been asked a million times.

Rusty_Noob 10-24-2005 08:08 PM

My Friend runs the Associated box on his TC3 and it works fine, doesnt cause him any probs at all. He runs his off his car battery with the included alligator clips so wouldnt be able to comment on batteries.

factory racer 10-24-2005 09:13 PM

the AE starter box is perfectly fine...have been using it for two years and love it.......no problems at all....i have two 7.2 volt venom 3000mah battery packs in it charge them up b4 race day and they go hard all day........its already set up for an NTC3

Mike.

ntro75 10-24-2005 09:55 PM

the ofna multibox part #ofn10247 is really nice comes rtr with a 12 volt lead acid cell battery and 12v motor and charger .that thing cranks over my 8th scales like a champ all daylong im pretty sure the 10247 is the one set up for the ntc3 off the batt..

Derby Bros Racing 10-27-2005 08:51 AM

the associated box is very realiable. i bought one when it came out and used it for my ntc3. now my bro is still using the same box but for a mugen car now.

Rapid Roy 10-27-2005 10:21 AM

It sounds like you just need to spend a little bit of time setting the locator pins on the top of the box so they hold your chassis more securely. Almost everybody has the 2 pins at the front of the car hook behind the front arms right next to the chassis. The 2 rear pins almost touch the sides of the chassis just to keep the chassis from moving side to side.

Ducati-Rider 10-27-2005 10:31 AM

Alignment

Take the time to align the car on the box - I can start mine with one hand
pressing down on the plug igniter and the two body posts.

If you get the alignment right - it also saves the rubber starter wheel from peeling down

Derby Bros Racing 10-27-2005 10:43 AM

i like using my spare chassis to line up the car to the box. it makes the job so much easier. so if you have one or someone you know does, use the spare chassis as a guideline to put the alignment pegs on the box. when you put the car on it, it will be perfect and you will be sure that the wheel doesn't rub against the chassis. ;)