Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Franken-Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Franken-Fusion

Could no longer resist, so I put a Novarossi .28 in my Fusion. It has the top-end speed clutchbell on it. The .21 with this combination was slow and sluggish on take off but this is not the case with the .28 it accelerates very rapidly with this combination.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Franken-Fusion with Body

Here is another shot.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Was that the same pipe you used with the .21? Was that pipe originally made to handle .21-.28engines? If not, I would imagine if you mate the proper pipe combination with a .21 you'd see better power, the problem you may have with that is there's not enough space, which is a common problem people have when they try to mate big engines in smaller chassis, so they commonly use a smaller pipe for a smaller engine.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Franken-Fusion

Tom Kelly , This pipe is a Cvec compact pipe and it is designed for .21 size engines and for use in tight spaces it performs better than the stock pipe that comes with the fusion. It is adjustable too so you can adjust it for topend or low end performance. In my opinion it makes a good compromise pipe if I had the space I would use the.086 pipe but since this is a 200mm size chassis I don't have the space. Now on my Outlaw Fusion I have a .086 pipe because the chassis is longer, it is 235mm
Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Default Franken-Fusion

Mr. Kelly my biggest problem with this car is getting it to slow down once it winds out. I seem to be experiencing alot of brake fade never had this problem before with the 21's
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

spray the brake pads and brake disc with motor spray. it may have gotten oil on them that will make the brake fade. it will be cool to see that thing do a speed run in person
Old 10-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the tip Jo !! I am saving my money to get a digital movie camera can you reccomend a good one??
Old 10-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tires

dude how did u fit those tires? are those from a 235mm serpent impact? can u give me a shot on the wheel axls?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Get some Wolfpack, Schumacher adapters for Serpent tires. You can get the adapters from Wolfpack Radicals.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Mr. Kelly my biggest problem with this car is getting it to slow down once it winds out. I seem to be experiencing alot of brake fade never had this problem before with the 21's
Sounds like you got your pipe solution in place then. I just happen to see some others doing it like that.

Regaring the breaks, can you convert to a one way in the front? Perhaps the break is fading due to the increased load on the breaks. Although reducing breaking in the front, you might get longer life out of the breaks. Converting to a one way front will make it run just like most 4wd 235mm cars. Or you could experiment with different materials used on the break pads. For instance try using kyosho, serpent, or mugen break pads used in their 8th scale cars.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

the outlaw fusion has a oneway in the front, it handles like my old Serpent Vector. But the Franken-Fusion does not have a oneway in the front and it is the one I am having problems with, I may try some different brand discs like you suggested thanks.