Community
Wiki Posts
Search

old V one S diff

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default old V one S diff

I know it is an old car but I am hoping that someone can remember some of their old settings. I have just put AE diff oil 60K weight in the front and 10K in the rear. This is with the standard diff with two spider gears. I havn't had a chance to test it on the track yet. But because it took me two hours to put the oil in, I am hoping for any advice before I get to the track because changing diff oil at the track isn't really an option.

Dishy
Old 10-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,
Of course, it depends on the track condition, but I think that the front is too heavy. If you notice understerring while off power then use a lighter silicone in front diff. The combination 10K rear and 30K front has worked well in different conditions.
When you fill the diff with the oil, do not fill it up to the edge, but leave some space for the other gear, which is on the other half of the diff.
Testing on the track is the only proof for your choices.

You definitely need to get familiar with the procedure, because if you race with the car then you will need many times to change the diff oil, while you are on track. Next time will be easier.
Regards,
Old 10-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

Here is what I do.

I take more than 5 diff's to the track and i fill each 1 with a different oil.

Then I can test and see which is better. i used 5k rear and 10k front and it workd almost fine with me.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

I have run the V-One-S since it first came out and for the settings on the diffs ie oil we have only run one oil type in the front and one oil type in the rear. In the front we run 60,000wt with the two spider gears and 50,000 without. In the rear we ran 1000wt thats right 1000wt we even went right down to 900wt in the rear. On rubber tires you cannot go wrong with this diff oil set-up.
Have fun and try it!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Dishy,

I have got a V One S as my first car. For my track all advice pointed to F:30K, R:10K, or there about, so far seems to be running quite well.

Yep, my first time changing diff oils took quite awhile, but then cleaning was a large part of the job also.

Secret_weapon's idea of 5 diff's sounds good, but the $$ are going elsewhere at present.

Are you Melbourne Australia ?
Old 10-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tried 60K in the front and 10K in the rear and the car had very bad oversteer. The car would slide so far sideways that it was bouncing around the corners. I tried to soften the rear springs but this made no difference then I tried to stiffen the rear springs and once again this made no difference. I am begining to think that the diff oil in the rear is far to thick or far to thin but I don't know which way to go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dishy