R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   OFNA LD3 vs. NTC3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/87639-ofna-ld3-vs-ntc3.html)

Charles 10-19-2005 12:12 AM

OFNA LD3 vs. NTC3

Is the Ofna ld3 a decent performer for racing? Is it equivalent to a NTC3?

Thx

factory racer 10-19-2005 03:27 PM

i persnoally would go with the NTC3 if its the FT only........amazing car amazing support and its a car that is really easily learnable.....very easy to set up as well.....the LD3 is a copy of the ntc3...the parts on the ntc3 are more beefier.....its more of a competition car over the LD3 in my opinion

Mike.

Charles 10-19-2005 03:40 PM

Does anybody have experience with the OFNA? Is the car any good?

TeamCarnage 10-19-2005 05:55 PM

Ofna

I've seen a few LD3s at different tracks. As always, Its the driver/tuner who makes the car. VERY different results between the the guys who had them.

IMHO, Get the NTC3, It drives very well. Is easy to set-up, and parts are readily available. I would still have mine if I didn't have a small issue with the pillowballs bending/breaking. It might have been my fault, but the model I switched to has never had a DNF.

duneland 10-20-2005 11:57 AM

The cars are similar, but not the same. They are both good cars for racing. If you compare the LD3 pro kit with the NTC3 FT, you get a bit more for your money with the OFNA. The OFNA has fluid filled gear diffs, the Asc has ball diffs. The OFNA include the front one-way as well as the front diff. The parts on the LD3 are just as beefy as the ones on the Asc.
You tend to see more newbies running the LD3 (rtr) and can get a false impression of the cars durabillity and performance capabillity. More U.S. racers choose the NTC3 due to being american made & having the race herritage of AE.
Both are good cars. Easy to set-up and adaptable to most any track. Plenty of option parts for both are available.

factory racer 10-21-2005 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I've seen a few LD3s at different tracks. As always, Its the driver/tuner who makes the car. VERY different results between the the guys who had them.

IMHO, Get the NTC3, It drives very well. Is easy to set-up, and parts are readily available. I would still have mine if I didn't have a small issue with the pillowballs bending/breaking. It might have been my fault, but the model I switched to has never had a DNF.

i have had those damn pillow balls break and bend on me as well.....an d they were the titanium ones ....i was pissed and ready to sell it but i thought of it and it wasnt cuz of the car it was cuz of me obviously.....but the only prob i think the NTC3 has is teh swing rack....way to much play in the front steering area....dont like that ....i just put sum silicone o rings where the turnbuckles clip on and that helped a little in taking away the play

Mike.

TimA 10-21-2005 04:48 PM

I fixed my pillow ball bending problem on my NTC3 by using MTX-3 pillow balls. You have to drill out the front arms and they don't fit perfect in the hubs, but I never have a problem with the front end of my car. Before switching to the MTX-3 pillow balls, I would bend the front NTC3 pillow balls after every tap on the boards. If you want to stick with your NTC3, I highly recommend this fix.

Tim

AndyT © 10-21-2005 04:57 PM

I`ve raced the Factory Team NTC3 and have found it to be a good car....it does however have a few areas that need attention to improve its durability....the front diff cases need "the fix" to stop them from stripping out in a front end collision, and it needs a side brace to protect the fuel tank from being shattered by the pipe if you get hit side-on....the only other area needing attention to increase its durability is the plastic drive-cups....I`d recommend going for something like the aluminium ones (K-Factory etc).
As for speed....well I think on short tracks the NTC3 can mix it with most other cars and in the right hands will certainly win :nod:
I`ve seen the LD3 and also the CD3 running at local tracks, and theyre also very quick and capable cars.
Cheers

HarKonnenD 10-23-2005 03:46 AM

I also agree on the NTC3 FT as you do get more. As for Ofna, I'd get the CD3 Pro which is what I have. The car came into my posession through a trade though. The car is really durable and runs great at my track. No problems so far.