Bring back the 235mm class poll!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring back the 235mm class poll!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 235 class was a true drivers class, and the same goes for 1/8 2wd. Those were 2 classes you could run that were easy on tires, motors, and parts. You didnt even need an expensive motor to be fast. With the 4WD classes, you have to buzz the tires down to get the car to work (burn money), and you have to make sure the diameters are close for the final drive ratio. All this crap didnt matter for the 2WD classes. Whoever decided to eliminate the 2 classes is a complete boob!

If others knew how inexpensive this class was to run, I think it could grow. The touring sedans burn through tires like a 4WD 1/8 scale, and you have to run small diameters or you will traction-roll.

Last edited by onthegas; 05-13-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

this is true i ran sedan for about 3 years and wasted sooooo much money on tiers it was ashame... I wish this class was still here!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Absolutly love it, purchased 2 835s a month ago ,rebuilt 1 good one and i only have raced it twice now in our open class and finished second behind another 835 by 5sec and in front of all the 1/8s.
Anyone now any online hobbieshops that deal in 835 parts and tyres.
thanx Ray
Old 05-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Willy Wuyts,
Big Block RB .15 is not imported by U.S. distributer! I was told they are extinct, but I see they are still on RB site. Hard to find ANY brand big block .15 stateside.
Palmaris will be big block? When will it be available?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The class was killed by IFMAR not running a world titles for it. That sent all the top drivers packing up to run 200mm or 1/8th. There are still plenty of the cars about & hopefully one day the class will return to its former glory. It is much more fun than 200mm.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah some guys said at the cost of those kits they'd rather just run 8th onroad. However I like the longevity of the .15BB. They'd outlast the .12s and or .21s too many said.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

It is not really IFMAR to blame, but the lack of interest of topdrivers who switched to 200mm.
A world's championship is normally run by let say 6 good drivers of every country, take those away, and the list of participants is much shorter. Specially if it takes part somewhere far away, the lesser gods will hesitate because of transportcost.
Not enough drivers... cancelling the race....
In Europe we still have the european championship, but since 200mm started only very few racers attend the race.
It could very well be the last year....
So readers in Europe, come to France in august!!!!!
It is the only way to survive.
About the longevity of smallblock/ I run my RB rody for a year now, still going strong...
Old 05-15-2006, 03:20 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by willy wuyts
So readers in Europe, come to France in august!!!!!
Give me a car then Willy.....
Old 05-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

(willy wuyts
About the longevity of smallblock/ I run my RB rody for a year now, still going strong...)

The Mega ZX15 engine is starting to perform now that people have found the correct gearing and clutch set-up to use.

The good thing with the ZX15 is that the Piston/liner/Conrod is only €100

What we need the manufacturers to release is a lightweight 235mm car based around the current 200mm chassis.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Initiate

to M7H: martin, I said TOPdrivers :-)

BOB, please share your info about Mega gearing and settings, I know a lot of people are struggeling to get it right...
I only ran the mega a few times, I found out a 6 hot plug helps a lot adjusting the engine.
A few more days now, and the entryform for france will be on line...
keep an eye on:
http://www.bmrc.asso.fr/ce2006_english.html
Old 05-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

(willy wuyts
BOB, please share your info about Mega gearing and settings)

Willy, use 15 and 18 pinions on the clutch. Use 50 and 44 gears.

Use Yellow clutch shoe.

Use another Yellow clutch shoe cut in to three and used as flyweights for clutch. These are cut to make the flyweights leading instead of trailing.
( Brings clutch in later but sharper )

clutch spring set at 1.5mm thread showing on flywheel nut.

0.7mm clutch gap

The tall cooling head from the ZX12 fits and works very well.

Lap records are now being broken around the UK in 235mm with the ZX15.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Yeah some guys said at the cost of those kits they'd rather just run 8th onroad. However I like the longevity of the .15BB. They'd outlast the .12s and or .21s too many said.
Yep, a 15 BB will outlast both a .12 and a .21. Its basically a .15 P/S inside a .21 case. Lots more material for cooling and less stress. A nicely tuned .15BB will run for ever and a day and still put in collosal lap times.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yep, thought so. I'd still get one and run with a few guys who ever is left running one. As of right now, I'm with the MRX4 so jumping to 235mm if the class came back is a bit much.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

=Bob The Builder
Willy, use 15 and 18 pinions on the clutch. Use 50 and 44 gears..
found that out allready

Use Yellow clutch shoe.

Use another Yellow clutch shoe cut in to three and used as flyweights for clutch. These are cut to make the flyweights leading instead of trailing.
( Brings clutch in later but sharper ).
had an experiment with those leading flyweights, will repeat this again, first time I found no real benefit.

clutch spring set at 1.5mm thread showing on flywheel nut..
Using much more at the moment

0.7mm clutch gap.
0,8 with a strong spring

the tall cooling head from the ZX12 fits and works very well.
have put that on the engine also, it certainly helps, serpent should give those standard with the engine..
I will try some of your suggestions this weekend, I will keep you updated.

Lap records are now being broken around the UK in 235mm with the ZX15.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bob, whats your take on us running modified 200mm cars (same as the MVX-4 in the other thread) in the BRCA nats if it gets bigger numbers. If people knew they could update their current 200mm cars with a few parts I reckon they would go for it.
More makes and cheaper parts will make the difference compared to having to run overpriced Serpents only. Any 235 guys I talked too all had the same gripe. Parts are getting too dear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.