Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting back in to 1/8 onroad

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Getting back in to 1/8 onroad

Hey guys i want to start running 1/8 onraod again....after 15 years. Living in ontario the closest track to me is toledo i think. What cars are most people running there and tires??

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superathlete
Hey guys i want to start running 1/8 onraod again....after 15 years. Living in ontario the closest track to me is toledo i think. What cars are most people running there and tires??

Thanks!
Lots of Serpents at the track... Some Capricorn$$$ and Mugens also...I run 35 rears and fronts mostly... Guys run 32s up front also... Matt
Old 02-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

See what the local guys are running, you will save tons of frustration with setups and spares with guys on the same brand.

All the cars are pretty good these days, some have different features than others.

Motors... you cannot go go wrong with Picco and Picco based engines, they are reliable, easy to tune and quick.

Tyres - start out with 35 all round, pretty default setup or 32 front 35 rear.

Run good fuel - Byrons, maybe go 20% to start.

And most importantly have loads of fun, 8ths are soo much fun to drive and if you maintain your gear well...will give you loads of service.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wmay11
See what the local guys are running, you will save tons of frustration with setups and spares with guys on the same brand.
LOL there are no local guys! 1/8 onroad does not exist in ontario as far as i know.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

We also have a local guy David Boyles who is selling the Edam kit (that's what I have now).... He lives a few miles from our track and has all spares needed...The kit is not the latest/greatest but will cost you half of what the other cars will cost...a great club car......As a club we do group buys on fuel and tires also to save some coin...
Old 02-26-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Taylorm
We also have a local guy David Boyles who is selling the Edam kit (that's what I have now).... He lives a few miles from our track and has all spares needed...The kit is not the latest/greatest but will cost you half of what the other cars will cost...a great club car......As a club we do group buys on fuel and tires also to save some coin...
Cool thanks for the info! Theres a guy selling a serpent 960 with enough parts to build almost 3 cars for pretty cheap. I know its a pretty old chassis. But might be a good start to get a feel for things again. Ive got a old bmt 3 speed car but im scared to run it as parts are more :/
Old 02-26-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Cool thanks for the info! Theres a guy selling a serpent 960 with enough parts to build almost 3 cars for pretty cheap. I know its a pretty old chassis. But might be a good start to get a feel for things again. Ive got a old bmt 3 speed car but im scared to run it as parts are more :/
I had a 960......if you have the spares bring it and run it till it dies......you have tires?...finding the old offset might be a little tough......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-E...o/301028098277

http://toledooneeighthracers.com/
Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

I had a 960......if you have the spares bring it and run it till it dies......you have tires?...finding the old offset might be a little tough......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-E...o/301028098277

http://toledooneeighthracers.com/

Thanks for all the info!
Old 03-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks!
my god another canadian!! i live in windsor and race in the pan car class in toledo( when i can take the border delays). too bad this racing is dead here, i see guys spending way more on nitro buggy's. i have a 966 as well but the pan seems to be where the sportsman type guys race.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 5italkart
my god another canadian!! i live in windsor and race in the pan car class in toledo( when i can take the border delays). too bad this racing is dead here, i see guys spending way more on nitro buggy's. i have a 966 as well but the pan seems to be where the sportsman type guys race.
Ya i want to head down to toledo and put some laps down this year. I've seen a couple 1/8's in niagara on the onroad track but its too small. The cars can barley shift into 2nd. See you in toledo!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Ya i want to head down to toledo and put some laps down this year. I've seen a couple 1/8's in niagara on the onroad track but its too small. The cars can barley shift into 2nd. See you in toledo!
i feel it's best too warn you...from my house to the track is just over an hour in the morning. coming back almost that long just too get across the bridge. maybe the blue water will be faster for you. me when i do make it leaving after qualifying so i can get in line.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

i feel it's best too warn you...from my house to the track is just over an hour in the morning. coming back almost that long just too get across the bridge. maybe the blue water will be faster for you. me when i do make it leaving after qualifying so i can get in line.
Thought you were getting the fast pass thingamajigger?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Thought you were getting the fast pass thingamajigger?
looked into it 100 pages of stuff to fill out, then they tell you when the interview is. chances of me getting the time off is slim. hoping new bridge will help 5 years from now
Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If your looking for an engine I have a Novarossi w/ pipe
Old 03-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

looked into it 100 pages of stuff to fill out, then they tell you when the interview is. chances of me getting the time off is slim. hoping new bridge will help 5 years from now
100 pages??....cant do interview at the same time??.....government at work...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.