Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Q's (no not motor tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nitro Q's (no not motor tuning)

I am considering getting into nitro on-road next summer... and have a few questions. Also I am planning on getting a V1 RRR if this helps.
1. Any hot websites for nitro on-road tips setups and/or parts?

2. Are there any flaws on the V1 RRR or and nessicery hop-ups?

3. What is a good motor fot the car? I have had a lot of luck with Novarossi's.

4. Where is the best place to get cheap tires?

5. What is the best fuel... I have always had a lot of good luck with O'Donnell 30%.

Thanks for your help guys, I have had plenty of expierience with Nitro offroad and would like to try something new.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Z
Tech Master

Come talk to me on Sunday.

Z
Old 11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin'Trey
I am considering getting into nitro on-road next summer... and have a few questions. Also I am planning on getting a V1 RRR if this helps.

5. What is the best fuel... I have always had a lot of good luck with O'Donnell 30%.

Thanks for your help guys, I have had plenty of expierience with Nitro offroad and would like to try something new.
I would say you are looking at the 2nd best car out there. I would check and make sure where you plan on racing has parts support and look for that as well.

While some may say to get an OS or some other engine, you are not making a mistake with a novarossi engine. They still have the best combination of power and reliability. They do cost more than the OS and Mega engines.

Fuel, once again you will get millions of opinions and you are not going wrong with O'Donnell. If you count all the small guys mixing there are about 10,000 fuels out there. O'Donnell didn't get where he is by making crap.

Cheap tires, I would use GQ. Twisters have a good rep as well, but I have never used them.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I would say you are looking at the 2nd best car out there. I would check and make sure where you plan on racing has parts support and look for that as well.

While some may say to get an OS or some other engine, you are not making a mistake with a novarossi engine. They still have the best combination of power and reliability. They do cost more than the OS and Mega engines.

Fuel, once again you will get millions of opinions and you are not going wrong with O'Donnell. If you count all the small guys mixing there are about 10,000 fuels out there. O'Donnell didn't get where he is by making crap.

Cheap tires, I would use GQ. Twisters have a good rep as well, but I have never used them.

ya Scott is right, V1RRR is only second best now that MTX4 is out
Old 11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Mark I will see you wednsday, we had to do stuff around the house.

anyone else know any of my questions?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:53 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

MTX4
Byron Fuel
Fast Tire
With this combo, you cant go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks IRA I think I am going to have to go with the MTX4 because its... more durable. Does anyone know where I can get: parts and/or hopups, the car kit for Cheap, and FAST tires?
Even a MTX3 would still be good right? what are the differences between the two cars?
Lastly, where is a good place to get a setup for one of these cars.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks IRA I think I am going to have to go with the MTX4 because its... more durable. Does anyone know where I can get: parts and/or hopups, the car kit for Cheap, and FAST tires?
Even a MTX3 would still be good right? what are the differences between the two cars?
Lastly, where is a good place to get a setup for one of these cars.

Trey, what are you thinking the rrr wc is by far the best sedan. Don't let the mugen guys mis lead you. Your fuel choice o'donnell is a good one and novarossi base motors are the only way to go. With the rrr wc kit no hop-ups are needed. The only part on the car you may want to upgrade, is the rear shock tower. For tires, go with twister, they give you the most for your money.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks dude, any other opinions?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default my 2 cents

IMO, MTX4 and RRR are among the best, or maybe we should say at the moment they are the best. whether one is better than the other i think it's a difficult question to answer. RRR maybe the world champion machine for the moment and MTX4 still yet to prove its capabilities in the worlds level but there's another factor that will determine the outcome also... and it's the driver.

well... my 2cents
Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

for engine i would say novarossi or sirio. i would choose v one rrr over mtx 4 just that the hobby shop i deal with carries mugen. pick either of those two based on which one you get parts for more easily. i would go with kyosho/novarossi or nova jp, if you can afford it
Old 11-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Well, since the racing dude gave his "don't buy this, buy that one" speech I will do the same.

The MTX4 hasn't been out very long, but as a racer that ran the MTX3 I can say this. The K car is a good car. The MTX 3 is competetive with the K car. The MTX 4 is a better car than the MTX 3.

I can't say specifically about your area, but Mugen parts availability in the USA is probably better than any other nitro sedan with the exception of the NTC3. Mugen has a bigger team to tap for help. There are several team members here online from Mugen for online help as well as in many of the major race markets around the country. Mugen USA has arguably one of the best nitro racers in the world working right there in Cal. Because of all these things, parts and technical support is as good or better than probably any other nitro car. It takes more than just a good car to get to the podium and I think Mugen has the best path to the winners circle. I have said this a few times before and I will say it once again: Those are the reasons why I drove a Mugen before I was part of the team, and that is why I continue to drive a Mugen.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks dude, any other opinions?

Trey, The best advice I can give you is this, choose the car that you really want.There are allot of great cars out there with Mugen and Kyosho being your best choice for overall performance. Scott has some good advice, parts are much more easier to get for the mugen and more guys at you local track are more likely to be driving a Mugen than a K car. I just believe after owning and racing the mtx 3 and rrr, I like the rrr a little better. Trey you really can't go wrong with either one, just go with what you really want!!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Well, since the racing dude gave his "don't buy this, buy that one" speech I will do the same.

The MTX4 hasn't been out very long, but as a racer that ran the MTX3 I can say this. The K car is a good car. The MTX 3 is competetive with the K car. The MTX 4 is a better car than the MTX 3.

I can't say specifically about your area, but Mugen parts availability in the USA is probably better than any other nitro sedan with the exception of the NTC3. Mugen has a bigger team to tap for help. There are several team members here online from Mugen for online help as well as in many of the major race markets around the country. Mugen USA has arguably one of the best nitro racers in the world working right there in Cal. Because of all these things, parts and technical support is as good or better than probably any other nitro car. It takes more than just a good car to get to the podium and I think Mugen has the best path to the winners circle. I have said this a few times before and I will say it once again: Those are the reasons why I drove a Mugen before I was part of the team, and that is why I continue to drive a Mugen.
Well said Scott.
This year I ran the MTX3 against all the other manufactures here in the midwest. I raced on all types of tracks and surface from tight to open, from smooth to bumpy, the only other car that was close to my lap times was the K car (on most of the tracks). I think the MUGEN car it the most versatile car on the market.
The MTX4 is a better car, also with the support of MUGEN USA (from a novice driver to a expert) they are the best people out there hands down!!!
Everybody at MUGEN will help you with anyhing you need, I know I will never drive any other car but a MUGEN.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default BU#$$%&!

Scott and Ira have now been nominated to the Mugen sales team!

You know what they say about opinions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.