Wiki Posts
Search

2015 ARC R8.0 1/8 on-road

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by finchy
Excellent to hear that you are running the car Kyle. I haven't seen you at any QLD state titles for sometime. Very good to see that you are back running 1/8th, I would be very interested on your take of the ARC R8.

I recently talked to Joe Patane about the car as I was thinking about changing chassis from Mugen. ( been loyal to mugen since the MRX3 days ). Would be good to see you at Brendale this year for the QLD Titles.

What's the car like round Moorebank. Can you also give us your thoughts on the durability of the car. ( how long do the belts last, pulley wear, clutch shoe wear, any problems with the bearing through out the chassis.)

Cheers
Graeme Cullen
Hi Graeme,

Yeah I had a bit of a break from racing for a while I sorted some other issues out etc but hope to get to the Qld round later this year

I have really only done the one qualifier and final to be honest with the car so its early days yet, however I certainly wouldn’t anticipate any issues with durability of the driveline, belts or the clutch.

Assembly of the car is fantastic, its right up there quality wise and is great to see a modern day manufacturer taking the time to make sure all the components fit together with virtually no additional work required.

The balance of the car out of the box with the standard setup is easy to drive and it seems to generally have a lot of steering which is good to see.

For me, I think it’s clear ARC have done their homework with this car prior to release and it’s going to be great to see it naturally evolve over time into an even better platform.

ARC have ticked a lot of boxes with this car, I don’t think you will be disappointed!

Have a good one, hopefully we can catch up later this year

Kyle
Old 04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the reply Kyle. It's excellent that your happy with the car, gives me confidence in may be trying a different chassis. ( Mugen for 10+ years, it's hard to change lol).
We will definitely catch up later in the year. Keep us posted about the car. See you when I'm looking at you.
Cheers
Graeme
Old 04-28-2015, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by choisan
from my experience for the past 10, 12 years, say for example Nova Rossi, engine and its maintenance parts such as conrod, special size bearings are more expensive.

10 years ago, jp rx03 costed me $6xx. the mega HRM 21 costed more than $800.
compared with NR's top model, it is about the same, but parts wise, the NR top end is having more and more special size bearing.
i don't have chance to look into the latest 2015's model yet, hope the parts are more "normal".
of course OS and some other brands are making this market more affordable.
like this car
Old 05-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle Hazell
That's my point, lots of comments from people that have obviously not run the car...
Got a buddy of mine that just picked up the car and will be running it soon in the US. From what he has told me thus far, he is liking the car over what he was running and seemingly getting more supported from ARC than he did with the other brand he was running. So, we should soon have some idea of how the car is in the hands of a driver in the US.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Kody Knudtson was testing the car out at Timezone in Portland last weekend -

Old 05-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Saturday was our first outing with the R8. Car is very impressive and showed speed even with motor problems. As for the build its a well laid out design with really high quality components. It's everything you can expect from ARC and more.

Looking forward to the Max Power motor arriving tomorrow and getting it back out on the track!
Old 05-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ARC R8.0

I've done some research and find the R8.0 to be a awesome car and based on its design it has everything needed to put any driver on the podium... I'm very excited about the car Nick and can't wait to get my hands on one real soon....
Old 05-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ARC R8.0

I've done some research and find the R8.0 to be a awesome car and based on its design it has everything needed to put any driver on the podium... I'm very excited about the car Nick and can't wait to get my hands on one real soon....
Old 05-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Who is the distributor of this car in the US and how easy is it to get parts of you break something? Looking to change brands and have read a ton of good things about this car. Just recently had a friend switch to this car and he is impressed with its quality (still building it) and can't wait to hit the track soon with it.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

JLock

http://hobby-square.com/car-kits/

I don't know anything about the company or parts support but, looks like they have everything covered.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

ARC USA is based out of Redmond, WA (Seattle) and is part of the Hobby Authority Distribution family. You can have you local shop contact them at www.hobbyauthority-dist.com

Hobby-Square is there retail outlet basically.

There are a few shops that stock R10 kits and parts but not sure any with R8 parts or kits yet.

Kits and parts are in stock and new options are arriving all the time!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the info. With onroad pretty much dead in my area, I will have to order direct from their website because the hobby shops here are not going to take on any new products they don't have to (about making the money).
Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

JLock - you can do it either way. We are behind the product, and receive regular shipments from ARC to keep everything in stock -- as well as the new products like Kody mentioned.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Here are a few good links for info or updates on whats going on with ARC

If your on Facebook,

https://www.facebook.com/TeamARCUsa?fref=ts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcdrivers/

We asked Petitrc to make a page for use and he just got it up. Look for more updates and setups being added soon.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/arc/...eetsARCR8.html
Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Few have PM'd about electronic install. Here are a few shots from my recent build.

If your using a small PT you can install facing down for optimal strength going accross the line!

Attached Thumbnails 2015 ARC R8.0 1/8 on-road-fullsizerender-1-.jpg   2015 ARC R8.0 1/8 on-road-img_0168.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.