Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th Scale's American Poplularity???

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sigearhead
Here in the Midwest, 1/8 scale is still alive and pretty strong. The 235 class is not very strong due to the huge following the sedans now have. Of course it does help we have the best track in the US. The one that just hosted the IFMAR Worlds.
Beautiful!
Old 10-17-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: IMHO,

Originally posted by stefan
most american tracks are not really suited for 1/8th scale racing.

While a track here usually is a square of asphalt with some sort of dividers/boards laid out, European tracks are built into the landscape with gras in the infields, just like full size tracks.

If you loose your car on an American track, you have a lot of damage, in Europe you'll be stuck in the gras, but your car is ok.

This causes a lot of VERY high parts bills here, which discourages a lot of people.

60+ mph and 2x4's are not really good friends.
you're right.
but remember: parts are a lot more expensive in europe, well 'cept for the serpent's. if you're racing on a track that has grass infields,and once your car rolls on the grass you'd lose traction badly (esp. if the grass is wet). it'd take 4 to 5 laps to regain the traction you once had.

i personally love to race on any kinda tracks,whether its grass infields, board dividers, etc ,etc...racing is racing no matter where you race it.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've found that alot of people are put off by the initial cost..not realizing that they'll put more in an HPI ......we race 1/8th scale every sun in a mall parking lot........we lay out a big 150 ft track(blown off,of course).....and have a blast....

My LHS is selling Veteq's(02's) for 400.00......that has brought alot of new people in....guys who race touring with us on tues nites are now on the 1/8th bandwagon.....

anyone who buys a veteq from him gets discounts in tires,and parts half off list.......Thats forv the in store racers..

you cant beat that combo....

BTW,he will sell Veteq's for 400 to anyone....

and the veteq is a great car for parking lots...it has tremendous mechanical grip...(which was part of its downfall on prepared tracks)..

oh,sorry..if anyone wants to come watch some 1/8th scale fun(or touring) we'd be glad to show you...Call Cruisin' with RC's in ramsey,NJ...201-825-4884...tell ron bosco fastharry sent you..(I work next door)....Make it quick..winters coming fast in NJ....

Last edited by fastharry™; 10-17-2002 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

veteq was serpent's biggest mistake.