Wiki Posts
Search

IGT8 PRO KIT vs Serpent Cobra GT vs X3GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by IGT8
Those are optional items that are not needed and are used as a tuning option, in fact most drivers with the optional suspension blocks ended up using them in the stock position. The 10 degree C hubs used by some of the racers was more a driver preference to fit their driving style. We recommend starting with the stock setup as most drivers have give us great feedback from it.

The 2015 version should be announced by the end of this week.
Any news on the 2015 version?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really look forward to building a pro gt8 kit. When the GT8 came out along with the x3, I thought it was a glorified GTP II. Then I saw it won a huge race, and I must admit that they must be for real. I wonder if Serpent will counter with a lighter version of the GT.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

This is getting interesting.... Can't wait to see the price.... Will this kit take the place of the original IGT8 Pro Kit ? Will this separate the X3GT from the IGT8 ? Will there be another body style as well ? Hmmmm........
Attached Thumbnails IGT8 PRO KIT vs Serpent Cobra GT vs X3GT-webpage_20150205_204642.jpg  

Last edited by swerv; 02-06-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default X3 discontinued

Hi, I bought an X3 @ month ago and have raced it @ 3 times (no higher than B mains) need to work on getting the fromt to bite. It understeers like crazy no matter what I or the "Pros" do. Any ways, I stripped the 1st gear spur and looking for the replacement part in Ofna's page noticied the X3 was nowhere to be found. Checked with them and yes the X3 has been discontinued :-(
Old 02-12-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LuisVPR
Hi, I bought an X3 @ month ago and have raced it @ 3 times (no higher than B mains) need to work on getting the fromt to bite. It understeers like crazy no matter what I or the "Pros" do. Any ways, I stripped the 1st gear spur and looking for the replacement part in Ofna's page noticied the X3 was nowhere to be found. Checked with them and yes the X3 has been discontinued :-(

Try the IGT8 10* degree hubs in the front, it will take some of the front caster out that makes the car push. Also spurs and pinions are the same on X3 and IGT8, so you could just get them at IGT8.com.

The IGT8 conversion kit would benefit you all the way around 100%.

The IGT8 Pro car is a A Main racer bone stock out the box.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yea tony. Sold my serpent to a buddy of yours in Texas lol. Looking into this car now. Maybe you can answer a question for me.

What kind of suspension arm holders come on the current pro kit? Are they the same as the x3 with E clips?? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Yea tony. Sold my serpent to a buddy of yours in Texas lol. Looking into this car now. Maybe you can answer a question for me.

What kind of suspension arm holders come on the current pro kit? Are they the same as the x3 with E clips?? Thanks.
Yes they are...And believe me I was iffy about them too untill I finished and drove the car.

To be honest captured hinged pins aren't really necessary in GT8 onroad. In an off road buggy or truggy it's a MUST from arms tagging pipes and being exposed as the are. In onroad you have a huge front bumper and a whole body to protect from those kinds of hits.

All I can tell you is the Truth, this has been one of the most enjoyable kits to build.

The quality of the parts are really good, the way they fit together is really nice, all the extra pro build tips in the instructions make things much smoother and will give even the beginning or expert builder a sense of confidence while putting it together, it did for me.

Most of you guys know me I'm a tinker, I will R&D, mod and or make my own parts to better a car if need be.

But for the first time in awhile, I was just happy building it straight out of the box and felt confident the car was equipped and would preform on track as expected.

There are 3 option parts I did add to the build, the harder servo saver spring, the rear center CVD and the optional 10* degree hubs. Everything else is stock.

One other thing I felt that the car needed was ball bearings in the steering rack and brack cam. That was an easy $6 fix by Avid bearings.

Hands down for the price of the IGT8 Pro Kit your are getting the best bang for your buck, even with the added option parts.
Plus you get a car that has already proven itself on the track in a very short period of time.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Yes they are...And believe me I was iffy about them too untill I finished and drove the car.

To be honest captured hinged pins aren't really necessary in GT8 onroad. In an off road buggy or truggy it's a MUST from arms tagging pipes and being exposed as the are. In onroad you have a huge front bumper and a whole body to protect from those kinds of hits.

All I can tell you is the Truth, this has been one of the most enjoyable kits to build.

The quality of the parts are really good, the way they fit together is really nice, all the extra pro build tips in the instructions make things much smoother and will give even the beginning or expert builder a sense of confidence while putting it together, it did for me.

Most of you guys know me I'm a tinker, I will R&D, mod and or make my own parts to better a car if need be.

But for the first time in awhile, I was just happy building it straight out of the box and felt confident the car was equipped and would preform on track as expected.

There are 3 option parts I did add to the build, the harder servo saver spring, the rear center CVD and the optional 10* degree hubs. Everything else is stock.

One other thing I felt that the car needed was ball bearings in the steering rack and brack cam. That was an easy $6 fix by Avid bearings.

Hands down for the price of the IGT8 Pro Kit your are getting the best bang for your buck, even with the added option parts.
Plus you get a car that has already proven itself on the track in a very short period of time.
Well said Tony.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buggy Man
I will be driving a IGT8 this coming Airtronics GP race.
Finished 4th in A main inspite of just running the car that Sunday out of the box.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Post some pics of these bad ass IGT8's!!!! Web site doesn't have a great selection of pics. Thanks guys
Old 02-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Someone needs to make an official IGT8 thread.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mugen are on board

http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm
Old 05-25-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by magnuts
And the plot thickens hmmmm......
Old 05-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swerv
And the plot thickens hmmmm......
Yes ..... ROAR Nationals back a few weeks ago,

1st - Mugen
2nd - Serpent
3rd - IGT8

So pick what you like, they are all quick .....
Old 05-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Wait a little longer and OFNA/HONG NOR will have a GTP III out heard from nitrohouse