R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi .15 engine swap to a Hpi .18 T3.0 rs4 first gen

So I have a Hpi rs4 first Gen f150 flareside the Hpi .15 nitro star engine is trash I ordered the new Hpi .18 T3.0 evert hung seems to line up good all but the flywheel the old .15 engines shafts is round but has 2 flatspots that the fly wheel skids in to and the new .18 engines shafts is round no faltspots do u need a new flywheel or can I drill out the flat spot out of the flywheel so bit can slide all the way on the new shaft? If anyone has done this please let me know what I should do or what flywheel that would work ty it been sitting in the box not runninG for 6 plus years wanted to get my son playing with R/c cars hehe
speedypete94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedypete94 View Post
So I have a Hpi rs4 first Gen f150 flareside the Hpi .15 nitro star engine is trash I ordered the new Hpi .18 T3.0 evert hung seems to line up good all but the flywheel the old .15 engines shafts is round but has 2 flatspots that the fly wheel skids in to and the new .18 engines shafts is round no faltspots do u need a new flywheel or can I drill out the flat spot out of the flywheel so bit can slide all the way on the new shaft? If anyone has done this please let me know what I should do or what flywheel that would work ty it been sitting in the box not runninG for 6 plus years wanted to get my son playing with R/c cars hehe
I think you may need a new flywheel.... most flywheels have a tapered collett and the flywheel is also tapered to fit.

Did the new engine come with a collet?

collet
ˈkɒlɪt/Submit
noun
a segmented band put round a shaft and tightened so as to grip it.

Looked up the web, cant find anything remotely like the flywheel you spoke of. So might be wiser to head to a good hobby shop and find something to fit.

Last edited by blis; 12-25-2014 at 03:27 PM.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote